Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Memorable Fight(s) In An RPG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Most Memorable Fight(s) In An RPG Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohhh there is too many:
Suikoden II: Riou And Jowy VS Gorudo.
Everyone VS Luca Blight.
The final war battle at L' Renouille.
Final Fantasy VII: The first time you've played it and go through that Sephiroth story and have him in your party fighting... I don't know if you were as shocked as I was at the damage he inflicted compared to Cloud's.
Final Fantasy VIII: Omega Weapon.. A very fun challenge.
Final Fantasy IX: Fight against Trance Kuja, a very fun fight with cool music.
Final Fantasy Tactics: Fight against all Zodiac Monsters.. Especially Velius.
Growlanser II: Fight Against Gevas.
Growlanser III: Fight Against Zion.
I have a lot more to fire off on this list. But I want to see your replies first.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will try to think of all of my favorite rpg's, for this one...

Breath of Fire- that guy in the robot. The reptilian guy. I think I started swearing, around that time. Tyr would be my most memorable fight, as I did not have Agni and I slaves away for hours...and won. But looking back on it now, i don't know how I did it. And I was only like, 10. Yay!

Breath of Fire 2- Probably thethieves who kidnap Nina since I loved every scenario early on in the game, as well asKatt since she was prone to kicking my butt if I wasn't careful, back then.

Earthbound- The Mondo Mole. Happy Happy Village is so fun. Once you beat him, you are actually on your way to saving the world, *yawn*

Lufia 2-Camu, because when I was younger I could never beat him. Plus his name is cool. It sounds like a luxurious sort of soap.

Chrono Trigger- Oh you guessed it...Magus! I love the Magus battle. I actually use to sweat, when fighting him. Now, as a more experienced player, I have no troubles with him, but he's always there as some sort of adversary that I respect. I also like fighting Dalton after jumping off of the Blackbird.

Secret of Mana-the evil wall thing, you know the one with the eye. My cousin and I had such difficulty fighting that thing, and it's been my favorite boss ever since.

Super Mario RPG-Valentina. She jiggles when she gets hit! Just kidding. I also like taking out Exor.

FF6-Vargas since the first times I tried to play the game, I could never put in the correct blitz. He's always stuck in my mind as The One.

FF7-Any Jenova. I like its music, and it leaves Ifrit the first time you fight it. Rock on.

FF8-Adel because she use to beat me a lot until I learned to junction. Also that fake president guy on the train cuz hE taLKs LIke ThIS.

FF10-Yunalesca! I LOVE her battle music and her forms are just so grotesque and interesting, and she was actually a challenge! it was nice taking on FFX's power woman.

FF102- Any of the Leblanc Syndicate battles. i loved the music and just liked them.

Suikoden 2- Probably, Luca Blight since I have so much fun preparing to fight him.

Suikoden 3-The dragon thing in the Sindar ruins. I used mages in front row and archers in the back. That way, no one moves, no one gets hit with magic. Plus, teaming up Roland, Aila and Jacques was just cute.

Star Ocean 2- The next to last wise men, before Indalecio. I can't remember who it was (I think his name is Cyril), but his voice just really annoyed me, but it was amusing to listen to.

Star Ocean 3- Albel, since no other boss stands out. I had a little bit of difficulty beating him with just Fayt, since I didn't like using Fayt a lot.

FFT- That's easy. Velius, duh.

Chrono Cross-FATE. Big creepy, reaching robot momma. I like female robots. They add some sort of msytery to games, or movies. The Mother Brain was due for a rematch, and I'm glad that she got it.

Valkyrie Profile- Amenti because he was very ancient egyptian-like, his music was cool, and it was awesome knowing you were kicking the ass of a boss who presided over a very aggravating dungeon.

I can't think of any more games[/quote]
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What an interesting topic. Though I won't look too much at what anyone else has written yet so I don't copy what the write. Here we go:

Suikoden: Duel of Hero McDohl versus Teo McDohl...one word, epic. The first time anyone played this game would have felt someway or another for what Lord McDohl must have had to go through for what he did to his father.

Chrono Trigger: The last boss for me, the design for the boss was just so creative, melding most of all the previous bosses into one like that for you to defeat. I wish more games had long and ingenious final boss battles such as this.

Whoa I am having a bit of memory block, I will have to add more later, I am sure everyone else will add plenty more good memorable fights anyhow.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III:

Yuber beating Hugo to a pulp in the Chisha Duel - Sweeeet...

Spoiler [color=]Sasarai vs. Luc duel in Luc's chapters, in which I beat him everytime easily, but he only does one less unit of damage per hit[/color]

Final Fantasy series:

VI

Kefka killing Leo - Showed you his power, since he just did beachslap the best warrior in the game pretty easily.

Kefka killing Emperor Gestahl - Man that was so awesome, I hated Gestahl.

The first battle where Terra has no magic power - Made me wonder just why this doesn't happen more in RPGs, adds a nice challenge.

That painting monster - That was one of the coolest battles in the entire series. It's also pretty tricky if you don' time your attacks right.

VII

The Materia Keeper - Killed me once and set my game back an hour of playtime, which is alright because I love it. Came back, saved and stacked up on supplies, made my materia all cool and it was still the toughest mandatory battle in the game.

Rufus Shinra on Disc 1 - So amazing, since it happened just after that totally badass and cool thing that Sephiroth did to their offices, and Rufus used a Gun! Sweet....

The final 'Psychic' battle between Cloud and Sephiroth - It's bad that you can't lose, but the music, the setting, the FMV leading to it and everything after makes unleashing an omnislash on Sephiroth feel so...satisfying.

FFIX

All of the battles with Beatrix, though the best ones were the first two in Clerya and Burmecia.

That monster in Gizamaluke Grotto killed me at least thirty times over four playthroughs.

Ark in oelivert is cool again because of the setting. Twice I have had everyone else dead and beaten him with just Zidane's overdrive.

Zorn and Thron Morph - I like how Eiko dishes out the pain with Madeen (who is Terra's father in FFVI) on these clowns. One's always talking like Yoda, I hate it.

The final battle with that thing that just shows up at the end - Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb...but super cool music and attacks and appearance. The ending isn't too shabby either.

X

The sinspawn battle at the Highroad - Tha tthing was hard, but then I found I had been attacking it wrong.

All of the Seymour battles - The best was the first one in the temple where he summons Anima and Seymour Flux on Gagazet, which is the hardest one to beat. Seymour Omni in Sin is just stupid easy if you've been to the Omega Ruins, which I'm sure alot of you did before going inside Sin.

Yunalesca - Tough, and I only beat her with a few people alive. Those bosses that do the status spells are the worst.

The battle with Jecht - The last battle where you fought your aeons and then the boss you can kill in one hit was stupid, but this was a good and moving battle, complete with the Zanarkand theme at the end, which is jaw dropping.

More to come later!
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh wow where to begin, so many from so MANY different RPGs.

Chrono Trigger - Lavos, 3 part epic last boss battle, so awesome.

FFIV - Cecil's "Dark Self", I like story fights involving character development.

FFV - Gilgamesh throughout the game, one of my favorite enemies of any RPG.

FFVI - Kefka, another greatly done epic last boss battle.

FFVII - Emerald and Ruby WEAPONS, because the satisfaction that comes with their defeat is almost to much to handle. :lol: Also all though it isn't much of a fight, the duel with Sephiroth at the VERY end of the game.

FFVIII - Definitely Omega WEAPON, I just love time-consuming, difficult battles.

FFVIX - Those Black Waltz guys, very fun to just demolish them.

FFX - The aeons at the end of the game. :cry:

SO2 - Wow, the name escapes me now, but it's the angel boss at the end of the Cave of Trials, again so much satisfaction comes with finally beating that blasted dungeon! :lol:

Well I'll have to finish this later or else I'll be late for school! :shock:
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ff7: beating the crap out of that serpant thing in the swamp you have to cross with a chocobo.

FF9: Taking out that freaking tree! It annoyed the hell out of me.

FF10: Kicking Anima's ass!

MANY more that I don't have time to post...

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets see: Final Fantasy games-

FFII- Fighting Dark Cecil

FFIII/VI- Fighting Doom Gaze and Final battle with Kefka (Still cooler boss than Sephiroth)

FFVII- Beating Emerald and Ruby Weapons!

FFVIII- Omega Weapon and Ultimecia's final form

FFIX- Ozma, need I say more?

FFX- All the special monters that are made when you catch all of certain kinds.

Kingdom Hearts- BeatingSephiroth, Phantom, and the Agrabah-Snake Head guy.
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Super Mario RPG - Final battle against Smithy... Man that battle was too damn long.
Final Fantasy IV - Fight Against Zeromus was awesome.. cool music and good feel to it.
Xenogears - Id.. seeing that damage that he inflicted on Bart made me want to get stronger and kick his ass later in the game and we did..
Chrono Trigger - Lavos... was very challenging the first time.
Chrono Cross - Fighting against Dario was pretty insane if your not going thru new game+
Final Fantasy VII - Emerald Weapon is fun to take on anytime.
Final Fantasy IX - Ozma.. What a strange boss.
Lunar - Fight against Ghaleon. It was really cool preparing for it by getting Alex to become a Dragon Master, it had a lot of build up to it.
Lunar II - Fight against Zophar. I loved killing him, I was tired of hearing that obnoxious and retarded laugh.
Suikoden II - Riou and Jowy VS Gorudo had to be one of the coolest fights of all time, I was so happy to see that they both still were able to use the Friendship Attack, it was pretty sad to see Nanami get hit, other than that I just kicked the Michael Bolton out of that greedy fat idiot Gorudo.
Tales Of Destiny II - Fighting Cless from Tales of Phantasia was really challenging if your not at a good level. It was a great idea and fun nonetheless. Cool to see him in action again. I also liked the final battle against Shizel, using the Aurora Wave and other ultimate techniques was nice to see.
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: Pahn VS Teo duel.

Suikoden II: Jowy and Riou VS Gorudo.

FF7: All of the Omega Weapons.

FF8: When you gotta run away form the giant cyber-crab thingy. *_*

FF10: Yunalesca, and Jecht(inside Sin).In both fights i love the background music,spcecially the one from Jecht.(i believe its the same song as the one in the intro of the game)

Kingdom Hearts: fight versus Squall(Leon),the first time you go into Traverse Town.And the ''extra'' bosses are also memorable,specially Sephirot.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, I've got a lot to remember... beware, there are SPOILERS for several recent games.

Suikoden I: fighting monsters in Gregminster before the final boss is nostalgic, in that where everything began is where everything ends

Suikoden II: too many at once... you all pretty much say the same battles that I think of, so let's leave it at that

Suikoden III: the Rincar in the Sindar Ruins was pretty neat

Suikoden IV: the fight against Brandeau, even though his voice is something to laugh at :lol:

Final Fantasy IV: the crushing wall. Every time I fight that battle, it gives me the creeps

Final Fantasy VII: when Aeris, Barret and Red XIII fight the robots while going down the elevator. It appeals to me how three random people (two people and an animal?) can team up against a common foe without having Cloud in the party... just an appealing fight, in some strange way

Final Fantasy VIII: well, if I have to... :cry: The fight against Ultimecia's third and fourth forms were cool

Final Fantasy IX: when Beatrix and Steiner team up to fight the monsters in Alexandria. I wonder what Beatrix would look like in Trance mode, eh? :?

Final Fantasy X: against Braska's Final Aeon (Jecht), and against Seymour Omnis, for BGMs, plus Jecht's form was sinister...

Final Fantasy X-2: the VERY first battle against fake Yuna/Leblanc

La Pucelle: when Croix goes Iori-like and beats up a bunch of monsters by himself, and when only Culotte and Eclair are around to fight Dark Eclair

Disgaea: any fight against Vyers/Mid-Boss, the Chapter 6 fights

Phantom Brave: hmm... nothing stands out here

Lunar SSSC: Ghaleon, the Xenobia and Royce battles for the BGM

Lunar EB: again, nothing spectacular stands out

Star Ocean II: against Marsilio, Vesper & Decus, and Cyril (more BGM)

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To continue...

SO3 - Lenneth, such an awesome insider bonus to add in.

Xenogears - So many bosses in this game..Calamity because he was so difficult when I sucked at the game, Grahf on numerous occasions, ID, Redrum, and...DAN!! In the tournament. :lol:

Valkyrie Profile - Bloodbane, Brahms and Lezard Valeth.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - The twin headed foe of Turtle Rock, and of course Ganon.

Chrono Cross - FATE, Lynx, the Destroyer of Time, and Ozzie, Slash, and Flea!

Suikoden I - Duel with Teo.

Suikoden II - Duel with Jowy, the Bone Dragon, Beast Rune.

Suikoden III - Every fight with Yuber.

FFT - Zalbag and Dycedarg

Finally I have to add to FFVII the fight against the Materia Keeper, because my first time through the game when I was an RPG noob I had so much trouble against the critter.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy IV - I thought that the last battle was very entertaining and very difficult and the music was superb.

Final Fantasy VII - The fight with Dyne was very sad. Dyne had gone crazy and wanted to kill all those close to him. The fight against Jenove Life was memorable because Aeris had just died and I wanted to beat up on something.

Final Fantasy VIII - I thought that the fight against Siefer (last one) was memorable because he had such a horrible attitude and I wanted to shut him up.

Final Fantasy IX - The battles against Beatrix were memorable becase she was so merciless and I wanted to kill her. Later I found that I really liked her character. The fights against Kuja were memorable becasue he was so evil and every character except perhaps Amarant and Quina had a reason they wanted to kill him.

Final Fantasy X - It was very hard for me to fight Jecht. He was an awesome character with good intentions and knew what needed to be done. It was hard to fight him. I also thought that the fight against Seymore on Gagazet was one to remember because he had killed "all the Ronsos" (he forgot the Ronso Fangs, the blitzball team that was alive). Also, the fight against Yunalesca was a good one. It was very hard, but I really, truly despised that woman, so I went all out.

Final Fantasy Tactics - The battle at Fort Zeakden was hard because of Teta's death. I tried to cast life on her, but it didn't work. I thought the saddest fight was when you had to fight Zalbag. He was so great. I wish he was recruitable.

Suikoden I - I thought the fight against Teo was sad. Why did he have to die? I wish he was a star. He shouldn't haev been killed, but rather knocked out and taken prisoner.

Suikoden III - I thought the duel against Chris after Lulu died was memorable and I only wish that the game would let you have enough time to avenge Lulu. Also, the later fight against Yuber was good because I wanted to avenge Jimba/Wyatt.

Suikoden IV - The fight against Glen in the punishment rune was sad becasue I didn't want to hurt Glen. He was awesome.

Tales of Symphonia - The fight with Sheena against Kuchinawa was an awesome fight with a beautiful battlefield and weather. The fight was hard, entertaining, and long. Kuchinawa had some awesome moves which made the fight even better. Also, the fight against Kratos was sad because he was such a great party member.

Chrono Trigger - I didn't recruited Magus becasue I killed him with Glenn. I wanted to avenge Cyrus' death, so I let Glenn get his revenge. It was hard, but it was worth it.

Chrono Cross - The hardest fight was when you were Lynx and you fought your own party. It was hard to attack your friends. I actually won the fight in a game +, but Kid still makes you lose.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Continues now!

Dark Cloud series (I consider them RPGs):

Original

The action-button battle with the snake in Matataki village is cool because the sword it gives you is the first interesting weapon Toan gets.

The fight in the colossus on the moon with that giant thing. If you have any knowledge about how to level weapons this guy is a joke, but if not I can seem him as difficult. He was the bit thing with the swords that when he drank from the barrels that fell in went into a beserk-type mode and got danverous. Satisfying because he was the last boss before the last boss.

The Dark Genie - From the cool pre-battle cutscene and story element to the ingenius idea or having a form that you need each character to use to defeat him, to whatever the hell it morphed to in the end (but whatever it was it sure was colorful), this was a really great final battle, one of my favorites.

That thing atop the Demon Shaft - FUnnest fight in the game, considering after 100 levels of fighting you are now the best of the best. He has alot more HP than the genie and moves alot faster, but you can dodge his attacks and counter pretty easily if you're quick.

Dark Cloud II

The battle with that stupid clown on the train - That clown annoyed the hell out of me, so it was fun to blow him and his stupid little car up after escaping the city.

THe Vennichio boss - Where the Lapras-type creatures have mind-controlling sensors on their head and attack you, you have yo attack them and make their necks move up and hit the little ship that the baddie built for himself that he's now floating in.

When you and Monica beat Gaspard and he realizes his good side - Just before Emperor Griffin forces him to fight you. I love touching moments or revelation that villains have, it injects some humanity into the game, and this was the most touching scene in DCII.

The final battle - First with Emperor Griffin, and then the evil that lives inside him. He is alot easier to defeat than the evil, who you have to fight after ascending a huge spiral filled with enemies. The right combination of a super-difficult but beatable boss, great music and a sublimely trippy setting make this one cool.

Chrono Cross

The two that stand out above all else are Dario and Miguel, solely on the merit of Prisoners of Fate, and I also think that the CC battle system is as close to perfection as we've seen in an RPG so far, so they added to it with the features unique to the game. The lighting in the Miguel battle is also muy, muy bueno.

Everytime I beat Karsh and heard him make an excuse - I love with characters do that, and it made me like Karsh even more. He became one of my top 6 characters to use along with Serge, Kid, Fargo, Orlha and Glenn.

That freaky dragon atop Terra Tower - Trippiest battle ever, the council has agreed. Really inteesting color scheme in that game that really played well in this battle. Another battle made with great music.

The final battle - So cool, but waaay too easy, since once you know how to do it this battle can be over in 30 seconds. Good colors and music, better ending.

Chrono Trigger

MammonMachine/Lavos - This was what I was expecting from the TimeDevourer: a boss invulnerable to all but your best attacks who takes an hour to beat. I also lost alot of days on the MM because I kept attacking him and increasing his defense.

Masa and Mune - It's always good to get rewarded with a nice weapon or accessory after battle, and these guys were also difficult since you needed to worry about the both of them getting together, but alone they were weak.

Slash, Flea and Ozzie - They were just props in CC, but were so cool in Magus' lair...I guess because you don't know them now. I also dig the musical references.

LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue (So much better than L: SSSC)

When Ghaleon Smoketh Hiro in Pentagulia after Lucia attacks the fake goddess - It's just a scratch...hrm. Ghaleon is so cool!

The final Battle. In my review in 'Game Ratings' I talk about this amazing battle. The amazing music, the hard but not breakneck difficulty, the size of the stage it all takes place on, the animation, the foreshadowing...everything came togehter to make this easily The best lass boss fight ever.

Fighting the four heroes - It felt good to beat Lunn and Borgan, I hated those guys. I was sad when Hiro beat Leo though, because Leo seemed really sad and dejected, and is the coolest character in the game. You didn't fight Mauri face to face, but what you got was better: A great dramatic dialogue between Ronfar and Mauri set to a nice piano theme, and the rest of the team fighting a five headed monster without their healer...fun fun!

That should about do it. Every RPG I've played, no matter how bad it was, always had at least one battle that I remember.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RPG.......hmm......Umm......Wind Rincar?
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This seems interesting Let's see....
Suikoden II - Riou vs Jowy The final duel - They both grew together they have been bestfriends for years and it's sad that their destined to fight each other because the of rune of the beginning.
Suikoden II - Luca vs your stars of destiny
Final Fantasy 7- Cloud vs Sepiroth
Final Fantasy IX- Alexander vs bahamut ( it's a scene but I liked it)
Final Fantasy X- Whole party vs Jecht inside sin
I don't recall anymore but I know their's more in my mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: