Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If you could change 1 thing in each game.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the first game, I deffinately wish I had seen more character developement. I didn't really feel like I understood/came to love most of the character, while in the other two games I did.

Gensui 2, I can understand why they made many of the decisions they made on what to include/not include, so it's hard to say what I wish could be changed... Yes, the translation could have been much better, but I'm going to have to say the character art for Pilika. My goodness, she's one of the most not-cute kids ever. (just because.)

Gensui 3, Well, I think I actually liked the wierd new battle system in this game, believe it or not. I hated it at first, but then after playing 3 times, I started to fully understand it, and it worked quite nicely. It was a challenge to learn.
I'd say that I would add a 'miricle of 108' if I could change something. I was so mad that getting 108 stars couldn't save Luc. Instead you just got that cruddy extra chapter. The other games had miricles. This game, nuthin'. At least, nothing like the other games.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I- the use of multiple runes
SuikodenII- easier access to Gregminster
SuikodenIII- being able to give each character a command not just the row

Cloak-and-Sword

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 - Plotwise, the just needs to be generally longer with more character development and whatever else would obviously come with a longer game. The fact that I can go put it in and have the game completed with everything done in 12 hours is disappointing.

Suikoden 2 - I would have liked to be able to visit the rest of Toran, or at least the villages surrounding Gregminister. I know a lot of people feel that it would have been redundant but A) things would have changed greatly following the war and B) I personally have only played 2 other sequels where you can visit the same places as the first games (DW 3 and FX-2). Honestly, just being able to visit Gregminister was one of my favorite parts about Suikoden 2.

Suikoden 3 - I won't say anything gameplay-wise because if I changed one thing I'd want to change several things to make it more similar to Suikoden 1 and 2. Instead I'll go with more returning characters. Especially since it was 15 years following S2 (Which had a lot of young characters), plus it was geographically close to the Grasslands and had some characters native to the Grasslands.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1::: Hanzo being of little influence... he's so awesome...

Suikoden 2::: Kiba's death -and- Seed's death *tears*

Suikoden 3::: The castle's growth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tenko Star

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I - Put the save point in Seek Valley *Before* the Crystal Core boss. Not that it's unbeatable or anything, but certainly tough if you're unprepared, so you either have to go all the way back out to save, or fight it and hope you're ready.

Suikoden II - Make Anallee's music play when you recruit her and/or at the stage in the castle.

Suikoden III - Make the 3d environments the "map" and do away with the point and click map.
Masked Bishop

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I - The American cover art. Don't take me as a fickle moron, but the American cover art seriously makes me mad to see it. It's just lame, and you can tell it was done just to attract more people to the game (though, I doubt it worked because it is so damn horrid).

Suikoden II - Neclord was way too easy! In the first game, Neclord was impossible but I beat him in around three rounds in S2.

Suikoden III - Leknaat's absence irked me. She seems to be the center of the Suikoden world, and she was only in the game for maybe three seconds - and she didn't interact with any of the main characters!

There are a couple of more, but you said one. So, one it shall be.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1- I hella wanted to use more than just one rune!! god that pissed me off!!
Suikoden 2- I WANT RUBY BACK!!!!! BACK!!!!actually i would of liked to travel around
Suikoden 3- I HATED THE POINT AND CLICK MAP!!!!! and the radar that annoyed me too! o and i would of liked more returning characters!

oooo suikoden 2 was sooo great and to all you people that say you would of liked Luca to be in your party well abfjljhfbalh to you! because i loved it when i killed him!!!MUWHAHAHHAHAHA

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well , I wish :
1 - I could run faster to save Odessa .

I wish :
2 - I could save Jowy when highland army cought him .

I wish :
3- the castle should be rebuild ( I mean the holes in the wall ) , that was annoying
with all the paintings, statues and vases , it was the only thing that bothered me.
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Suikoden 3- I HATED THE POINT AND CLICK MAP!!!!!

Oh my goodness! I had forgotten how much I hated that when I started playing! I got used to it, but it still is horrible! I most deffinately agree! A point and click map just isn't the same as the earlier games walk-on-map. Those were so much better...
camus_greenhill

Office of the Merchant Guild Secretary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S1: More than one rune slot
S2: Fixed translations
S3: NOT having the Destroyers as Stars of Destiny, instead giving those stars to people who actually serve a purpose for more than a half hour.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S1- I wished that they could've given all the caracters specific occupations and things to do instead of them just standing around.

S2- Well, the only thing I found wrong with this game was that I just wished it was longer, it ended too soon for me.

S3- It would have been better if the castle was completely fixed up by the end of the game instead of it still having holes and the underground tunnels still being fairly baron.

That and I really hated the world map deal... I liked walking around aimlessly in the other games.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would change the following things:

Suikoden: More places and people with uses to give the game more life and depth.

Suikoden II: More freedom in Toran.

Suikoden III: A World Map in full 3D.

Suikoden IV: More characters with some style.

GD

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Death

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2: Easier access to Gregminster; i have to go all way back numerous times there to get Tir into my party. Why can't Viki just transport me over there?!

Suikoden 3:

1. Castle growth! Look at the walls, some broken and the wallpaper is peeled, it's hardly a castle.

2. The Battlefield system, it's definitely a downgrade from the previous suikoden-s.

3. Can't use Viki until near the end of the game.

4. Cookoff, i was so enthusiastic about getting the recipes in S2, and it's hardly worth the time in S3.

And as overall, i think the final bosses in Suikoden are too easy. (in S3, just use Silent Lake to unable magic attack, and it's all done.)
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Cookoff, i was so enthusiastic about getting the recipes in S2, and it's hardly worth the time in S3.

Thank you for pointing that out!!! I loved the cook- off in S2!
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for all, having jeane as a playable character

1-those portraits, especially lepant the orange... :shock:

2-annabelle's death; i just liked her for some reason and not being able to recruit culgan or seed, instead of killing them

3-A COMPLETE STORYLINE, and eliminating that riding game *just annoying*
and having the cookoff, with the return of wu tan chen or whatever his name is and hai you *crazy*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: