Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If you could change 1 thing in each game.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suiko 1: More non star PC characters

Suiko 2: Nothing

Suiko 3: Flik and Viktor as stars while the destroyers are not stars.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1: The translation.

Suikoden 2: The translation.

Suikoden 3: The trans- using items outside of pairs.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sun_Quan

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...

Suikoden 1: I would include that you can run at any time without Stallion in your party. Not to mention I'd improve the spell animations and overall design to look more 32-bit rather than 16-bit. But I suppose Konami was just getting the gist of the PSOne at the time so I can't fault them much at all. I'd improve some of the music as well, tracks like the one used in Chinchirorin sounded far better in Suikoden 2.

Suikoden 2: Make the game a bit longer, fix the translation glitches, allow you to unlock McDohl in other ways besides having to transfer a Suikoden 1 game over to Suikoden 2. And fix the infamous glitch that plagued getting McDohl in the first place.

Suikoden 3: Fix the battle system a bit, I agree that everyone should be an individual attacker again. Hmmm...oh yes, add a world map, I'll admit the Final Fantasy Tactics style map wasn't great truthfully, but the environments that you traversed were gorgeous to look at in my books. If they made those environments the entire world map, I think that would've been the greatest Suikoden world map to date. Hmmm...oh yes, not only that, add more stuff, make the game even longer, and make the Trinity Sight System do the chapters in chronological order like someone said here. And a better castle development system, I am not going to argue with that whatsoever.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhm, no offense, but the topic is about if you could change one thing and not so many things, Sun Quan.

And probably you already knew about it anyway, but you could run in S1 without having Stallion in your party if you attach a Holy Rune into one of the characters in your party.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Dark Viktor

The sleeping deaf guys

24500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden1-to have Teo join the Army
Suikoden2-To be able to explore the toran repulic
Suikoden3-The total lack of Viktor in it except the Zodiac sword was with that dork Edge I was unhappy :cry:
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, this is fun. Here we go.

Suikoden 1- Make a decent final boss battle theme, dammit (yes, something very minor).

Suikoden 2- Different outcome of the Luca Blight battle... Luca kills Riou AND survives.

Suikoden 3- Remake chapters 4-5 dammit.

Suikoden 4- Release it already, dammit o_O
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But wouldn't that make S2 to end in "Game Over" screen instead?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Talking about translation errors... Not sure if this is a translation error, but i've got a question... Its kinda off topic but...

Is it Hungry Friend or Hungry Fiend? Meh, i've always been wondering...
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S1: more depth in the dialogue/plot....When fighting Teo, i needed more of a reason to kill my own father. B/c Tir only knew Odessa for almost a week and sure Ted lost his life b/c of the empire, but Tir had more reason to kill Pahn than Teo. Also, there were too many random faces that joined the party for no reason...Some of the non-plot characters should have more dialogue and meaning in the first game..B/c in the seonc & third game, everyone talked...

S2: i can't think of anything, except for the grammatical errors in the dialogue..the biggest one that confused me was when Shu's scout told him that Kiba & Leon were mortally wounded, when however, Leon survived the fight.

S3: i never realized how many things that i wanted to change about the game...One is the world map - i hate point-and-click maps...Another was the battles. It was a challenge, but it was too annoying when the other character in the pair would just stand there and do nothing...Also, the story should have lasted longer. The reunited Fire Bringer were only in the caste for a very limited time. it was cool how everyone united, but I spent more time in Vinay del Zexay than i did in Budehuc ..Also the castle should have been fixed, especially during that Thomas chapter..Last thing...mini games...where's the cool mini games???

S4: release me!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: Either make a run button or get rid of the one rune slot limit. I don't know which one I would fix. Not having a run button never really bothered me that much, I was fine with walking. And giving someone more rune slots would overpower some characters a bit since the magic runes are quite strong in S1.

Suikoden II: The translation! For the love of God fix the translation!

Suikoden III: Change the world map. I would say let Thomas be a canidate for the True Fire, but honestly, I think his story is fine the way it is. No need to burden him with a true rune. Plus giving him the True Fire would make him less usefull than he actually CAN be.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1--More depth if/when Gremio returns.

Suikoden 2--At least one of the m/m couples rampant in fanon would be absolute canon. Or f/f if you prefer that. Either way is fine with me.

Suikoden 3---Luc DOESN'T die. Instead, he gets to live with his actions.
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1: More Rune slots

Suikoden 2: Being able to teleport directly to Gregminster (I hate that long way trough the forest)

Suikoden 3: The old army battle system back.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if they gave me the chance to change one thing in every Suikoden game, I would change:

In Suikoden1: it will be the death of Mathieu Silverberg, since I really like him and it was unfair that he is dead after everything he has done.

In Suikoden2: I think that I would change the way that Neclord has been killed because he deserved a longer and dreadful death after everything we went through because of him.

In Suikoden3: the most thing I want to be changed in Suikoden3 is the trinity site thing because I really did not like the idea of choosing between the three heroes since I like them all very much.

Last edited by Njord on Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrimmHooke

Mongoose Monarchs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: A run button! Sure, he walked pretty fast, but still...

Suikoden II: Having direct teleportation to Gregminster or fixing the translation

Suikoden III: It's a three-way tie for me between having the nice, atmospheric music back during those long moments of dialogue; changing the army battle system back to that of Suikoden II (I loved those!); and having Thomas as the main hero/Flame Champion. I sure hope he shows up in another Suikoden, someday. ;____;

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1- More duel fights. Howaaaaah. Also more controlable major battles. other than that I enjoyed it.

Suikoden 2- I agree with Pyroflame, not being able to visit all of toran, upsets me. Also replace that evil wack-a-mole game. Perhaps replace it with a cool arena, like talked about in some other post.

Suikoden 3- well they needed a cook-off, they also needed to botch the whole buddy system. I can't stand that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: