Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tokyo Game Show 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then he needs to say it's unsuitable to him, because the context "unsuitable" is in right now is that the Wii is somehow unfit for Skies of Arcadia in a general sense. I prodded to see if this was because of his own desire to not purchase a Wii, or if he felt there was a significant reason that Skies 2 could not work on the Wii.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Back to topic...

Square-Enix and Tri-Ace have released a bit more information on the upcoming 360 rpg titled Infinite Undiscovery. The title sounds just a tad awkward to say and here's to hoping that they change it down the line.

With Tri-Ace doing the developing chores on the game it looks like Star Ocean 3's real-time combat mechanics will be used. There won't be any warping from the exploration field to a battle-mode window. The title of the game seems to indicate part of the exploration part of the gameplay. The game is to have a myriad of storytelling choices which would unlock certain parts of the story and have real impact on the game world. Two screenshots of an early build of the game have been shown and you can click on the thumbnails below.

There hasn't been much more new information about Ninja Gaiden 2 other than what was announced yesterday. The only thing of note that's been reiterated is that Tecmo will not be publishing the game but Microsoft instead which makes the game officially a first-party game. Unless, Microsoft decides to allow Team Ninja to make some sort of ported version of the game the title will never be released on the PS3 system.

Here's some more screenshot samples taken from the live gameplay footage during the Microsoft press conference.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Infinite Undiscovery" better not refer to gameplay. I'm sure they mean indiscovery, and that means we'd find limitless amounts of jack shit. Sounds like a ton of fun, I'm sure.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about limitless what you said since they haven't mentioned anything in detail. But you could be right that it sounds like ton of fun for finding limitless amounts of jacks hit. I mean it's been hilarious finding treasure in the poo left behind when killing creatures in Blue Dragon.

The title may not be set in stone and with the weird way it sounds It probably will change for its North American release just like how Trusty Bell was changed to Eternal Sonata for its North American release.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've read around and I found out that Eternal Sonata was supposed to promote the 360 in Japan? And it was released 3 months ago? I think the timing is weird... the game comes out in North America and all of a sudden they re-release the game on the PS3 with even more goodies and fun stuff. I'm just saying... not complaining. It saved me from spending hundreds of dollars.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could be they already had planned to release the game for the PS3 but only after the 360 version has been released. The main thing about the PS3 when it comes to titles that are multiplatform is that the PS3 ends up either getting its version delayed or the developer delays all the version. Optimizing games for the PS3 seems to still be giving developers fits. But as long as PS3 owners end up playing the games then it's all good, if just a tad later than the rest.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SEGA has just announced it's lineup for next week's Tokyo Game Show. Outside of just one game for the 360 it looks like SEGA pretty much has a very full release slate for all the other systems for the rest of the year and through 2008.

Kotaku wrote:
PLAYSTATION 3
Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! *
Valkyrie of the Battlefield
Imabi Kisou
Sega Rally *
The Golden Compass *

Wii
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
Fuurai no Shiren 3
Ghost Squad
Miburi & Teburi *
The Golden Compass *
Doraemon Wii: Himitsu Doguo Kettei Sen

Xbox 360
Sega Rally *

PlayStation 2
Jissen Pachi-Slot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken 2
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus *
Seaman 2 *
Sega Ages 2500 Vol. 31: Dennou Senki Virtual On *
Jissen Pachinko Hisshouhou! CR Sakura Taisen

Nintendo DS
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sakura Taisen: Kimi Arugatame
BLEACH The 3rd Phantom
Picto Image DS
Mainichi Shinbun 1000 Dai-News *
Touch de Zuno DS *
The Golden Compass *
Kodai Ouja: Kyouryuu King - 7-tsu no Kakera
Dream Cat Smile DS

PSP
SEGA Rally *
The Golden Compass *

PC
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus *
Splash! Golf *

With the small userbase for the 360 in Japan I'm guessing it's not unusual to see only SEGA Rally as the only 360 title set for release in the Japanese market.

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which is too bad for Microsoft as a name like Sega giving more support would only help the 360's visibility in Japan. Oh well, they have the rest of their "Japan plan" to cover that ground.

Seaman 2? On the PS2? Hot damn! Get Nimoy back to narrate and I'll be the first in line.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
SEGA has just announced it's lineup for next week's Tokyo Game Show. Outside of just one game for the 360 it looks like SEGA pretty much has a very full release slate for all the other systems for the rest of the year and through 2008.

And outside of just one game in general (Seaman 2), I couldn't care about those games.

Way to blow it, Sega.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sega lately is just, wow, really bad to me. I think we should see a Dragon Force for the new generation!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just in time for official start of the Tokyo Game Show. Microsoft has released the full press conference footage of the Ninja Gaiden 2 announcement and the subsequent live gameplay footage right after. Team Ninja seem pretty far into the game's development and it looks very good, so far. If the game does get a 2008 late release then the look of the game will probably go through several more stages of optimization though from what I could see it doesn't seem to need it much.

The game looks very bloody and that's saying much especially since the first game was already bloody to begin with. I like the actions and seemless way the enemies can be decapitated and sliced into quarters depending on the weapon and the move combo performed.

Ninja Gaiden 2 Tokyo Game Show Announcement and live gameplay footgae

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to have to import that Sega Ages Virtua On set
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TGS 2007: Konami Press Conference Report

No mention of Suikoden VI.....yet......
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden VI may be on hold or (HOPEFULLY) Kawano has nothing to do with VI.

Quote:
10:59 -- Should begin soon. There's a booklet here with details of Konami's new DS adventure game Time Hollow, created by Suikoden's Junko Kawano and TV/movie/novel writer Takehiko Hata.

The story follows a boy named Horo Tokio, who obtains something called a "Hollow Pen," which allows him to change the past. Conveniently, his family and friends are in danger, so he has to save them.

I'm posting this in the VI forum because it's the closest thing to Suikoden news we've had in ages.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mistwalker Studios' Nintendo DS title Archaic Sealed Heat has now made it's appearance at the Tokyo Game Show with a Japanese TV Spot, a trailer, some gameplay scenes and a look at the game's CGI cutscenes.

Archaic Sealed Heat videos
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: