Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Twisted Metal *kapow*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the violent one

Homedogs

1000 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Twisted Metal *kapow* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love this game so much it is way better the gta, they recently came out with a remake of Twisted Metal 2 4 the PSP which in my opnioin is the best 1 ever made yet. My favorite character is Minion.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have played only twisted metal 2 (the original version). I thought the game was pretty fun, but I'm glad I only rented it seeing as I lost interest after a while. Minion was fun, but he was just too strong. I liked Grasshoper and Warthog personally. The area were pretty fun. I liked the weird thing that happened if you shot the Statue of Liberty. It blew up. (the game was odd like that) I also liked the ice area. It was pretty fun, but I really didn't like the 1 player mode.
the violent one

Homedogs

1000 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally enjoyed blowing up the Eiffel Tower
French Guy:Sacre Bleu!
Haha I think Axel is also good so is Sweet Tooth.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought sweet tooth was creepy. I like blowing up the tower too, but I found it difficult to stay on top of the rooftops. I fell of many times. I liked how New York had that secret swimming pool area with that super powerful bomb.

I also liked the lava area. It was pretty fun.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Twisted Metal 2, but unfortunately the copy that I borrowed from my friend was glitchy and we simply cannot freeze the opponents no matter what. With the joyful experience of Twisted Metal 2, I bought #3 when it came out with high expectation. Different game developer, and disappointment with the graphics and overall gaming experience. I have yet to play Twisted Metal ever since. =(

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have Twisted Metal Black, that is the only one that I have ever played. I thought Sweet tooth was powerful but way to slow. I would take the speed and know how to use a less powerful character than have a powerhouse that you could easily get away from.

The levels in TMB were alright, they don't sound as good as the ones that all of you are discribing in TM2 though. I lost interest in the game after awhile as well though.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just for addition, I always think that Twisted Metal is the kind of game that you want to play with your friends. It's more fun to play with your friends rather than alone against the CPUs.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow... so much talk on Twisted Metal and the ones that talk about 2 don't sound like they're very good at it.

TM2 was the best in the series and I've played every one of them since that game and they all pale in comparison to the one with the second worst graphics and yet the best gameplay. Blowing up the eiffel tower was cool but you didn't need to do it to get on top of the buildings as you could launch yourself off ramps or using remote bombs. You could also launch yourself from the Louvre to get up top.

The best thing about TM2 was the interactive environments like everyone is saying. In Paris, for example you can burn the Mona Lisa with napalm and it'll reveal a code, you can blow up the eiffel tower and you can kill hundreds of frenchmen that are the size of your tires. Even in the very first board you can blow up a bridge, two buildings, and the Hollywood sign in California. In Hong Kong you can drive around in the subway and whatever that center structure was. In Moscow you blow up the entire structure and just fight in the bowl if you have a remote bomb. In Antarctica, the ground is constantly falling off in large pieces killing people left and right. Every board has a little bit of secrets and special things to offer.

Vehicle designs were key in this edition. If you're good enough, you can find ways to make every car useful. The least of all I've found are Grasshopper and Hammerhead since their special attacks will hurt you as well as your enemy. Vehicles like Twister and Spectre require precision in your driving skills mostly to run away and avoid missiles because of their weak armor. Outlaw 2, Roadkill, Axel, Warthog, are all better choices as they're manuverable, fast, well armored, and deadly.

If anyone has put in the code for Minion, you obviously know what the best vehicle to use is. Minion has 5 for speed 5 for Special Weapon, 5 for armor, and 3 for steering. Who needs steering when 2 special weapon shots not only freeze your enemy but also kill ANY foe. 2 shots... that's it.

With all that being said... my favorite vehicle to use was Spectre just because I loved driving that car. As a test to see how good people were at that game, I used to let them use Minion and chase me around Suburbia. (the HUGE board from TM1... think the code is up down L2 R2.. been awhile) I rarely lose that battle though.
Me and my friend played though and beat the game on cooperative mode on average twice a day for about 2 months. If we ever died, which usually only happened in Holland.. we'd restart and do it all over. It can get really frustrating when you're both using junk vehicles like Mr. Grimm and Twister.

To end my rant I'd just like to say one thing that I hated about that game. Computer enemies. Elaborating:

Sweettooth has unlimited special weapons that will find PLAYER 1 when he's All the way across the map... you'll suddenly, without warning, get bombarded by 30 missiles.

The noise Spectre makes when he attacks is in my nightmares. It never hunts down player 2... even if he's right in front of Spectre. They go through walls, you can't run you can't hide... just push up up right and hope your shield lasts long enough.

Mr. Grimm and Mr. Slam have UNLIMITED freeze balls and they will use them to freeze you to death. If you get hit with one freeze, you'll probably get hit with 30 and it only takes about 10 to kill you. "It'd be nice if I could move..." Of course, freezing your opponent is necessary for their special moves, but the player special bar has to recharge... computer just tees off on you. I learned to keep the computer from cheating like this by imputing the invincibility code after the 3rd freeze ball.

Lastly.. I promise... ever tried homing napalms? If you play this game... you have to try them.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I totally agree that Twisted Metal 2 was the best. Gosh, TM3 was so disappointing. The only thing that always creeped me out about TM2 were the endings though... I remember there were about 1 or 2 good endings, but the rest are just horrible.

My favorite vehicle? Aside from Minion, I like Spectre and Grasshopper partially because they're both hot, and because they have kickass specials (YEE-HAW!!!)

Now... as for that age-old question... what the bloody hell does Hammerhead's special do?
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Now... as for that age-old question... what the bloody hell does Hammerhead's special do?

It actually only activates when you ram someone and you don't even have to push the special button to get it to work... it just adds extra damage to ramming someone. It's not very good. If you want to add extra damage, put in the silver bullet cheat and then you have minion machine guns.

BTW... I'm sure you didn't mean Spectre was hot because that was some Hollywood actor in sunglasses. (I'm sure you probably meant Twister??) Unless you really do dig the whole Tom Cruise look....

The endings were horrible, but they're kinda funny the animation is so dumb. I personally just like Calypso's intro that you can watch if you go through the menu on the title screen... it's so cheesy.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's almost as bad as Grasshopper's because with her horrible armor, she seems to get hurt way more than she deals damage whenever she activates her special move.

Personally, I prefer Thumper. Freeze, Flame special, repeat. Although since this was so cheap, I doubt this tactic remains in the PSP version. If it did, I bet it would be toned down considerably.

Antarctica and New York are my favorite stages. Antarctica is only fun while the glacier parts are falling down. After everything falls, then it gets somewhat boring. As for New York, I just like the scenery.

"I am Calypso! And I thank you for playing Twisted Metal"

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Grasshopper's special is a little stupid. You can't use it on Minion, but it works ok against everyone else. Even Dark Tooth.

I like the New York stage as well, but I'm sure everyone that has played it would pretty much agree that it's an exponential step up in comparison to the detail in all of the other boards. Jumping from skyscraper to skyscraper, putting a remote bomb in the pool, helping the statue of liberty try on that new red 2 piece... ah the memories.

I like the Holland stage the best. If you have Mr. Grimm or Spectre, just surviving there is darn near impossible in 2 player. Especially if 1st player is Mr. Grimm. You'll probably see both Spectre and Sweet Tooth in the opponents list. Prepare to be constantly pelted with ice cream cones and ghost missiles. At least Spectre will give you a warning with that sound his weapon makes. No matter what.. that weapon ALWAYS homes in on player 1. So does Sweet Tooth's... and if you stop at the wrong time, you can get pelted by as many as 30 cones... and it only takes about 10 to kill you. The worst part, is both of them might not ever be near you, to the point where you can't even see them on your map, but they're still kicking the poo out of you.

-Is that a fish tank??
-Maybe
-MMMMM

oOoB

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always use Grimm, he's my favorite.

UberYuber wrote:
Maybe if I keep saying stupid stuff I'll eventually get quoted in a sig!

There ya go UberYuber.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New York is a suicide stage for Grasshopper. I stopped using her after one traumatic incident, but I still wub her. Her ending rocked. Up to now, the New York stage is the only one I don't memorize.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have never seemed to get around to find anything about this series remotely interesting or even entertaining. I have tried several versions in the past but I could never grasp what people enjoyed about it so much. All it is is some game where people drive around in veihicles of all sorts ramming, shooting and trying to destroy the other players or whatever. I know it is definately something along those lines and I am still confused as to what is found to be so interesting about the game. However to each their own I suppose and I am sorry if what I have said in this post has offended the opinions of anyone. However if someone can explain what is so popular about this series I would really appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: