Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Back from the Dead (Almost) & Suikoden One story

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Back from the Dead (Almost) & Suikoden One story Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My life hasn't been easy for a long while, but things have managed to settle down into normalcy in the last month or so, and I've pretty much recovered. It sure IS good to be back! :D

I had many intents regarding Suikoden, but I finally realized I was good only at writing. As such, I intend to write a story based on Suikoden 1, or rather on the whole Gate Rune War. Yup, its a big project, but it can be done, even though it'll certainly be a long-term thing. But I've completely retold Warcraft 2, and I had to create much more for it, so I'm not scared.

What I AM scared of, however, is not managing to make the story fun or convincing. As such, if anyone can tell me places and such from which I can read the Suikoden 1 story - I played the game, but its not like I can recall the script - and anything related to it would be most welcome. 8)
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
My life hasn't been easy for a long while, but things have managed to settle down into normalcy in the last month or so, and I've pretty much recovered. It sure IS good to be back!

Good to hear that you're back and better now.

As for places to research Suikoden I, I can only suggest to read through the characters (there are many characters mentioned in novels that wouldn't appear in the games), the geography and lore on this site.

Saying that, I'm pretty sure there is a site around the net that had a detailed over-view of the Suikoden games, I'll search around and see if I can re-find it.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the easiest way to know the whole story of the game Suikoden I is to by reading the walkthrough that you could find in Gamefaqs. It should be detailed enough to give you the big picture of what happened in the game itself. The more detailed bit might be a bit harder, but you could always ask here if you need a certain detail about something.

As Fliktor mentioned above, it would be good too for you to research the information here in Suikox.

One thing that I would like to mention is that the Gate Rune War was not only during Suikoden I. So if you really plan to re-tell the story of the Gate Rune War (instead of just retelling Suikoden I), you might find it a bit hard to find the detail on what happened a few years prior the game. Gate Rune War started the moment when Odessa Silverberg formed the Liberation Army. So the timeline and characters of the original Liberation Army would be your best bet to research on regarding the earlier part of the Gate Rune War (before Tir joined up).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: