Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Game Music Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

from Suikoden 2...I personally dislike the bg tune they play in the mercenary fortress. It just gets really annoying to listen to repeatedly, I think.

I don't recall not really liking any other music..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i hated richmond's theme. just hated it. hate. hate. hate. :cry:
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I thought that was one of the few decent tracks in S3...:P

My least favourite is probably the awfully silly battle music from S3. It`s the second-worst battle theme ever IMHO(apart from FF9...I don`t hate that game, but it`s battle music sucks).

S1 and 2 had some great songs, though...I especially like the Suikoden main theme(the one which plays when Flik and Viktor rescues you in Kyaro) and(vague to avoid spoilers) the music which plays during the scene with Teo in S1.

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you people would like to hear some suikoden music I know a place where you can find it. It is:

http://www.icybrian.com/

The music is near the bottom of the page. I think the best there is the Chrono Trigger Magus theme. You people should hear it.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really had to dig deep to find music I didn't love from Suikoden I. I seriously went back and listened to every Suikoden I midi I had, and couldn't find anything, except for the Rockland remix. The one you hear in the game is good, but the rock remix is horrible. And the little song when you start the game, "Prelude", is kind of boring. But everything else is perfection.

Suikoden II is kind of the same story. I thought the Luca battle theme was subpar, as was the Muse city theme. But everything else that I remember or currently have the midi of was fantastic.

Suikoden III. Well, I really didn't like the outside theme (the stuff that plays in Yaza Plains, Amur Plains, etc). I thought most of the music in the game was boring, but that one I would say is my least favorite. Or maybe the Great Hollow theme.
Kyojin Blight

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Schala-Kid wrote:
i hated richmond's theme. just hated it. hate. hate. hate. :cry:

I <3 Richmond. You should really listen to the Ongakushu III version of Richmond's theme. It is very jazzy. ;)

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Richmond's theme was pretty irritating. Augustine's theme, I felt was more annoying though. It made me want to put him on my team and stick him in the front row just to see him get mauled by monsters. :evil:
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This thread's in the wrong forum. Since it's all about Suikoden music (how many times do we have this discussion?) it should probably be in one of the Suiko forums.

I'm pretty sure that there are tons of threads about Suikoden music and VGM in general already - I just posted in one in Games & Anime like, yesterday.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's in the correct forum.

The main topic is about Video Game music in General. But it just so happens that most of us prefer the Suikoden Music over everything else. Myself included.

I Have the following Suikoden based Soundtracks:

Genso Suikoden 1 OST
Genso Suikoden 2 OST
Genso Suikoden 3 OST
Genso Suikoden 4 Prelude
Genso Suikoden - Celtic Collection
Genso Suikoden Ongakushu 1 and 2

I can never find Ongakushu three sadly. I also want Genso Suikogaiden: Swordsman of Harmonia. :cry:

But just to put another non-Suikoden note to this, my favorite music theme from an RPG is either the "Theme of the Delphinus (All countries and Shrine Island Thems)" from "Skies of Arcadia" and "Emotions" (World Map theme) from Xenogears.

Non-RPG:

Guilty Gear fans, I also have the Midnight Carnival Soundtrack. My favorite theme is May's "Blue Water, Blue Sky". I also have the Vocal Editions recorded in Los Angeles and New York. Jay Gordon was in charge of L.A and some other guy did New York. (L.A was better for me thanks to the "Blue Water, Blue Sky" Vocal track)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: