Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Game Music Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: The Game Music Thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Music is one of the greatest things in life. it can represent a culture, a time or memory, a place, a person, a feeling: it's universal

*ahem*
so i like music. music is the greatest thing i love in games. this thread hopefully will have a new topic every week, so i thought we could start with something we all know.

Suikoden Music. but instead of going for the typical "what is your favorite music from suikoden?"

let's begin with

What is your least favorite/ hated Suikoden song, and why you think they got it wrong.

feel free to post more than 1, but seperate the songs into the game they're from :ie

from suiko 1 i dislike x, y, z because.... from suiko 3 i dislike a,b,c. overall, my most :evil: track is...because.

I'm going to have a listen and see which songs make me want to get a facial peel with a cheese grater.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember any music from S1 or S2. Either my memory sucks or it wasn't memorable. Probably both.

But, uhh, I think all of the music from S3 sucked, 'cept for the last dungeon music. The rest was too dull and annoying. The battle music irked me for a long time, so that's my least favorite, I suppose. (It all sucks.)
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the topic of VG music, www.gamingfm.com

About Suikoden, I would have to say I like Eien No Sora the best, forgive me, I don't remember if it's from three or not.

As for least favourite song...I really can't think of any.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

South Window from Suikoden 2. I can't stnad the high pitch squeals it has, I think te main back beat isn't that good and I don't think it fits South Window at all. To me, it has kind of a Middle Eastern sound to it and South Windos is far from a Middle Eastern town. I can't stand it.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nahala Yam Koong.

Pyroflame wrote:
About Suikoden, I would have to say I like Eien No Sora the best, forgive me, I don't remember if it's from three or not.

It's from none of them. Eien no Sora (Sennen no Inori) has nothing to do with Suikoden; it was one of the composers' who worked on III.

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate the narcissist theme from all the games because it's just so annoying. and from Suikoden 2, most of Annalee's songs are so...weird. I can't remember the names of them all, but they remind me of those Ricola commericials :roll:
Kyojin Blight

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really didn't much care for the battle theme. Although, Neclord's battle theme. . . that's a different story. ;)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any track from the orgel collection is horrible. glad to see ya make it jarrid. bought time the core SSNP showed up.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It's from none of them. Eien no Sora (Sennen no Inori) has nothing to do with Suikoden; it was one of the composers' who worked on III.

Oh? Well...damn...I guess the theme for Suikoden 3 is pretty high in my books, Let's go with that.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate the tune of Greenhill before it is liberated in Suikoden 2, its just so depressing
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ending song Avertuneiro Antes Lance Mao of SI is awesome, it starts out slow during the character ending march with the verse being done by an entire group of people really make it sounds like everything coming together. The ending song We Will Always Be for SII is great too, it is like 5 different 3 min segments rolled into one 15 min song and all 5 parts sounds great. Withered Earth the opening sound for SG vol.2 is also great with a asian type tune that's fast and dosen't get old. I heard almost all of the suikoden soundtracks and the best song that's remade for a soundtrack has got to be Fortress by the Water from the suikoden celtic collection 2, it is the bath/castle song from SI done completely by only harp, it sound awesome as if you can hear the water flowing next to you. And of course, everyone love the opening song for SIII but the rest of that OST I agree is crap, it sounds like they are trying to go celtic but it almost feels like the back ground music for a game about lucky charms.
Kyun Mcdohl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pyroflame wrote:
On the topic of VG music, www.gamingfm.com

As for least favourite song...I really can't think of any.

Thank you so much for that link pyroflame I havent turned off the live radio yet ^_^.

And Id have to say Currents from Suikogaiden is my favorite song.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eggith Cyrene wrote:
any track from the orgel collection is horrible.

Where on Earth did you find a copy of the orgel collection? I heard those were a very limited release, and I've never, ever seen one for sale. Where did you find that?!

Anyway, I would say my least favorite is probably Beautiful Golden Capitol off of the first (I think?) vocal soundtrack. First, there's the problem of it being a non-vocal track on a vocal collection record. Second, it's not much of a remix - much of it sounds just like the Gregminster theme (which is one of my favorities incidently). Third, the damn thing is kinda fuzzy sounding in the beginning, and I cannot stand that. It sounds like it's coming out of a drainpipe.

I'm also not found of Cursed Bath ~ Long Steam Baths Are Taboo from the first OST. This is purely because the track is an entire waste of time; it's more or less "Steam" noises (that sounds more like heavy breathing) and nothing more.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Where on Earth did you find a copy of the orgel collection? I heard those were a very limited release, and I've never, ever seen one for sale. Where did you find that?!

*coughdownloadcough*

By the way, my favorite Suikoden music ever is still Into a World of Illusions, opening of Suikoden 1. To this day, it still moves me every time I listen to it.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My least favorite Suikoden music is the tune playing during the Flame Champions hideout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: