Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Apple announces new iPods
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Apple announces new iPods Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty big news if you're following this stuff. The update isn't a big deal for iPod "Classic" owners, as it's just new capacity. But Apple added a new toy to its lineup, basically turning the touchscreen technology of its iPhone into an iPod.

Makes sense to me, as it's been commonly mentioned that the iPhone is a great multimedia device, and a mediocre phone :) Unfortunately the iPod Touch has something like a pathetic 16GB of space... which, compared with the 80GB iPod is rather wimpy.

Also of interest is the little "iPod Nano", which basically looks like a normal iPod that's half-sized. Kind of a strange design and I'm sure that device makers are going crazy to come up with new accessories for it.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070905-apple-unveils-new-ipod-to uch-fat-ipod-nano-at-special-event.html

Anyone interested in this? I always keep an eye open for these things but as I already have a 60GB iPod, it's something that I can't really justify buying. The Touch would be interesting as a movie player since it's such a large screen, but 16GB is like what, 5 movies? Need some capacity, Apple!

In other news, the iPhone price has been significantly reduced. No more 4GB iPhones, and the 8GB one is down to 399 USD (big cry from 599 it was originally selling for).
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow...nice stuff!!!
I'm still using my 10 Gig 1st gen. Maybe someday I'll upgrade, but mine does everything I need it to just fine right now! XD

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm. The web browser features would be nice, but I have a 30gig video iPod that I only paid $249 for. I couldn't see forking out 3 or 4 hundred dollars to essentially downgrade!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The touch is a joke. They took away the iPhone's ability to make phone calls and repackaged it. I'm sick of Apple and their "Hipster" marketing. They're playing half the world for chumps.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I was thinking, too. It does seem very similar, but I haven't actually seen an iPhone yet! What kind of music capabilities do they have?

Caesar

39525 Potch
23 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
The touch is a joke. They took away the iPhone's ability to make phone calls and repackaged it. I'm sick of Apple and their "Hipster" marketing. They're playing half the world for chumps.

I agree.

And, whatever happened to Walkmans/Discmans? Cheaper, and you don't have to worry about companies coming out with a new "upgrade" every 3 months. Can't hold as much, but I honestly don't think you need 16-80GB worth of music on-hand daily. At least, I don't.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, it was definately a good deal to bump upto an iPod, but I walk or bus around and I really enjoy music. I used to carry 2-3 CDs with me at a time, but now I just use my iPod. No more batteries to deal with, and I love being able to shuffle play through my entire collection. Kinda like listening to my very own radio station!

retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Caesar wrote:
Scarlet Assassin wrote:

I agree.

And, whatever happened to Walkmans/Discmans? Cheaper, and you don't have to worry about companies coming out with a new "upgrade" every 3 months. Can't hold as much, but I honestly don't think you need 16-80GB worth of music on-hand daily. At least, I don't.

tapes and cds suck. i dont want to carry around 30 cds when i do however listen to a wide range of music on my 80GB ipod. plus i look cooler, duh.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another new iProduct! Must have it! No matter how stupid or useless! No matter how unnecesary or overpriced!

Of course Im joking becuase unless the new iPod can make you fly or turns into something that is'nt just a smaller or shinier version of its previous iPods.

I just dont know why people care about this crap?

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has less storage space than the previous versions doesn't it? That means they just took a step backwards in my eyes. :P
Creepr

Bow Jester Squadron

8634 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I didn't have one already I would consider buying it, but I think it's too expensive for the capacity given. I'm the same as TruePerception, I have the 30g one. I'm happy with it. I just want something to keep a lot of music, not some new fancy gizmo to brag about.(although it looks nice.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, I figure that as long as its fits what somebody considers his or her needs to be, Apple has every right to market whatever variation of the iPod they want to!

If I weren't an iPod owner already I'd certainly be looking at some of the newer models. THey do lots of fun stuff. :3
My sister shelled out for an iPhone (she pretty much does her entire job from her phone) and she's been really really pleased with it.

As for me--my iPod goes with me on all my fieldwork, so I prefer the older, clunkier, hardier versions than the new slick ones. I'd cry if I scratched a new one, but since mine has seen so much action already I don't feel so much like screaming when I drop it in the mud. O_o

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Caesar

39525 Potch
23 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

retrospect. wrote:
plus i look cooler, duh.

I very much doubt it.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Caesar wrote:
retrospect. wrote:
plus i look cooler, duh.

I very much doubt it.

Hey now, be nice.

I still use a tape walkman because I listen to alot of audio books. My brother in law used to make merciless fun of me. He then forced an older CD walkman and a pair of "cool" headphones on me and made me promise not to openly display my tape walkman or he wouldn't be seen with me. ;) This was back in my early college years, before iPods even got popular and even then I was square...>_>

I have to admit, though, I DO feel cool working the whole iPod image, old as mine is. :3

Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoy my iPod. I have never bought an accessory for it (waste of money), and I will not upgrade to a new version of it anytime soon (unneccessary). I bought a Nano a few months ago, and it has been working great.

I am a huge music buff, so having 600-700 songs on shuffle is great for me. I was getting sick of lugging around a Discman and a bunch of CDs, and having to change CDs while walking to work and all that. The iPod took that away. It was a nice investment.

I figure I will have it until it dies out. I never understand why people buy a model, then a few months later, a new model comes out and they buy that, and so on. It's a waste of money. Do you really need to touch a screen to make it better?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: