Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 1 Pesmerga and Leon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 1 Pesmerga and Leon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am on my first full Suikoden 1 game. I currently have 106 of the 108 stars. As you can see from the title, I need to get Pesmerga and Leon. I am at the point of the game where Mathiu says that "This is our final battle." I talked to Leon and he told me to talk to Mathiu. I am not able to talk to Mathiu regarding Leon. I have no idea where to get Pesmerga. Can I get some help with these two characters? Thank you.

EDIT:Fixed spelling errors.

Last edited by Tonberry on Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember Leon at this time b/c it's been a while, but with Pesmerga (no 'I' in his name, BTW), get your castle to level 4 in growth (with 106 stars, you've done this already). Go back to Neclord's castle and go to the end of the dungeon, and Pesmerga should be there.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, I'll go try this now. Sorry about the spelling errors.

EDIT: Recruited Pesmerga. That just leaves Leon.

Last edited by Tonberry on Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can't get Leon until after you fight the final battle :\ I'm positive of this.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay thanks. I'll get him later then.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's too late to acquire Leon in time to get the good ending, though. You'd've needed him earlier than this. Leon's a tough one to recruit in time, as you need to talk to Mathiu in order to get a letter to his father, and most of the time you talk to Mathiu he just wants you to begin a battle. It may be too late to acquire Leon at -all,- but there's really no point in getting him now, I'm sorry to say.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No you can get him after the final battle. At least I'm pretty sure that you can.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But what's the point? The final battle is already after the deadline for having the 108 Stars, isn't it? And what does Leon do, exactly, except participate in the battles. So even if you can, why bother?
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got him. Thanks Ninjar. I got all 108! Sadly, since it was my first play-through, I beat the game with three dead characters: Pahn, Gremio, and Eileen. (Yeah, I know Eileen shouldn't die, but Yuber's army killed her.)

Any tips for my next play-through? What are the requirements for the good ending?

Oh, in my new game, Odessa just died and I have 999,999 bits due to playing Marco's game. Did you know that she has a specific pattern she always uses? It is so easy to get money.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon is the last character that you can recruit usually, but I have gotten him before many of the later characters. He is available after a scene with Mathiu where he is sitting in his room during idle time. I have never tried to recruit anyone after the final battle because it would be rather odd to do so because Mathiu gives you a letter requesting his assistant in battle strategy for the final battle.

You may be able to recruit him at that time, but as Harukaze has stated, there would be no point to do so and he would no longer count towards the 108 Stars of Destiny which you would need to (spoiler) bring back Gremio. But, I find it hard to believe that you can recruit Leon after the final battle because Mathiu wouldn't need you to deliver the letter at that point, but I'm not saying you're wrong either.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did get him afterwards. It was after the final army battle. I don't know why he wanted to join, but I got all 108 and I am happy.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To get the good ending you have to have all 108 stars before you engage in the final battle. During the motivational speech, if you have all 108 and all alive (except Gremio) you'll get the good ending. Trust me, you'll know the difference.

Tips? Plant your corn early. Seriously though, recruit as many stars as you can as early as possible. That way, not only will you have more characters to choose from early on, but you'll be better able to win army battles. Ninjas are really helpful. Secondly, just try to remember everything that gave you trouble and be well-prepared for it/them this time. And yes, I knew Marco had a pattern, but only when he's in the first town you find him. After you leave the empire, he's supposed to have several different patterns but none of them worked for me. I find the dice game's easier (trial and error though) to get money later on in the game.

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks. I only really had trouble with Pahn's fight because he was like level 8 or something. I think I'll train him better and give him good equipment. Thanks againFF6Sage.
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keping Pahn alive is simple.First take him to to a dungeon and level him up till you can't level him up anymore.Then,equip him with the best armor and in the duel just keep defending,DO NOT ATTACK Teo or he will kick your butt. :X

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I did wrong. He was going to use attack, so I used desperate attack and he killed me with his attack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: