Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Soul Nomad & The World Eaters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Soul Nomad & The World Eaters Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is anyone interested or getting this game? It looks pretty good, NIS did another good job. I won't even bother trying to explain the game mechanics though, it's kinda gotten me confused... something about fusing with a bad guy to save the world? I'm not sure, I'll find out when I first play it. xD

Wikipedia
Homepage

Cover:

The thing that really got my attention in this game is the amount of damage you can inflict. It can go really high, in the millions. 260,000,000 Damage. So that's something I'm really looking forward to doing.

The game comes out September 25th.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gotta admit, the game sounds really interesting. Not so much because of the insane damage (though that is rather cool) but because you get to train squads and build an army rather than just a small group of fighters.

Most of the characters look pretty cool too, apart from that stupid cowbell the friend has. The midget angels with guns should be fun though.

Can't wait to pick fights with town NPCs either. :D
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like how it said there wouldn't be too much level grinding. Also, the customization is a good thing. I'll wait and see what Gamespot has to say about it. I'm surprised there are still games in production for the PS2.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This looks like it mayjust be something I will have to keep my PS2 plugged into the electrical outlet instead of putting it into storage.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't usually complain about changes to box art, but man. Prominently displaying Gig on the North American cover is silly and dumb when compared to the original.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm excited for this game, as I've enjoyed almost all the other Nippon Ichi games so far (except maybe Makai Kingdom)
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no idea what just happened, but i liked it and it was awesome

Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
At the very beginning of the game the main character is powerful enough to destroy even the final boss, but relying on Gig too much will be the equivalent of just letting the world be destroyed. Instead, the player is expected to build and train an army of units capable of handling whatever comes his way, relying on Gig's powers as little as possible.

This did it for me, I'm interested!
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't like NIS games. At all. But since this one has less grinding I guess it could be interesting.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This looks amazing, kind of like Final Fantasy Tactics or Dragon Force! I need to learn more about it but I love the art work.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the army building aspect of this game. The massive amount of damage one can dole out in battles is also quite cool. It's a shame that seeing the topic title I had thought the game was about Warhammer 40K's World Eaters.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
This looks amazing, kind of like Final Fantasy Tactics or Dragon Force! I need to learn more about it but I love the art work.

Reminds me a bit more of the Ogre Battle games (which were great).
Futch

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Don't like NIS games. At all. But since this one has less grinding I guess it could be interesting.

In all honesty it was about damn time they did an Rpg that isn't 100% level grinding.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played a bit of this now (not much though) and I have to say, it's quite good. Not as good as the old Ogre Battle games in my opinion but it could get better later on. My only complaints so far is that they could make the squad creation system a bit more user friendly and it would have been nice to be able to choose the gender of the different units (at the moment I've got a male Barenuckle called Tifa and a male Cleric called Aeris...)
Futch

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos wrote:
I've played a bit of this now (not much though) and I have to say, it's quite good. Not as good as the old Ogre Battle games in my opinion but it could get better later on. My only complaints so far is that they could make the squad creation system a bit more user friendly and it would have been nice to be able to choose the gender of the different units (at the moment I've got a male Barenuckle called Tifa and a male Cleric called Aeris...)

I always hated male clerics/priests whatever, the only male character I made a priest was Ramza in tactics. Don't even know why.

Anyway, the game's quite good, If I could say something bothers me (and I would have to be a real pain to complain about this) is that the art style of the character portraits have only one expression. I kind of a missed that variation according to mood thing.

I think the gameplay is quite solid though, got a bit frustrated with the whole menu/arrange thing but once you get it it all works fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: