Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 2 in Chinese for the PC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puu

Royal Yaoi Fanpeep Brigade

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Suikoden 2 in Chinese for the PC Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quick question, because omg, I am whut? Four years late to realize this and to remember that yes, I have seen a poster for Suikoden II in Chinese at a Chinese PC game shop a while back?

Has anyone heard of it and knows how to get a copy of it? I would really, really, really want one of this. =_=!!!!
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

why? it's not like it'll be an official release, it'll just be a pirated version any ways. I doubt there was even a "chinese" release of any sort, or else someone would have at least brought it up at some point, I have seen on chinese game sites that there are obvious intrest in the series as there were tips on getting all 108 stars in II and things like that, after all the series got started based on the great chinese novel and that's kind of how I got into the games. but I'm pretty sure that's just for anyone chinese who was willing to play the japanese version either blind or while reading a script of some sort.
Puu

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.konamish.com.cn/gsd2/gsd2index.htm

What do you mean Why, it's not like it'll be an official release, it'll just be a pirated version any ways ~?

Even so, I still want it. For one, it would be easier to replay on the computer. I can't and don't want to always camp out and switch cables with my PS2 to the TV just so I can play Suikoden II. Also, emulator has proven to provide craptastic background music at best - if I can have a PC version, life would be easier...

I searched a bit on the net. Grr. But I have yet to find a site which either provides downloads to it or a means to order/buy it...
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, there is indeed an official Chinese version. Their character art is even slightly different.
Puu

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Nah, there is indeed an official Chinese version. Their character art is even slightly different.

I saw screens from it - it looks really different. And the graphics remind me of cute flash animations. It's like they tried to emulate the original sprites and replaced it with flash animation instead ^^;

Nevertheless--

Do you know how to get a copy of it?
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well that's intresting, so there was an official release all the way back in 2003 and they translated all the names and everything... I won't want to play it just for that. but I'm sure very few people bought it since store clerks at small PC software shops in that country would be more than happy to personally burn a copy of his own copywrited software to sell for 1/10th of the retail price because they know that if they don't make the $.50 from you for that, you'd end up downloading it for free anyways.
Puu

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
well that's intresting, so there was an official release all the way back in 2003 and they translated all the names and everything... I won't want to play it just for that. but I'm sure very few people bought it since store clerks at small PC software shops in that country would be more than happy to personally burn a copy of his own copywrited software to sell for 1/10th of the retail price because they know that if they don't make the $.50 from you for that, you'd end up downloading it for free anyways.

^_^ I'd buy it if it were available ~ For one, looking for the crack for these things can be painful ~ And PC games in China are a whole lot cheaper.

Nanami = Chi Mei in Mandarin Chinese ~!!!! <3 Seven Beauty/Beautiful ~!
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no idea how you can buy it normally. I don't even know where you'd start. It'd be nice if there's a member here from China, but I don't think we have any (although one member is studying in China now).
Puu

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We don't have any...?

Well, if the person is studying currently in China, that would mean he or she can read Chinese decently. My Chinese is pretty limited to conversational kanji or the stuff you'd find in Chinese manga, so it's a bit of a struggle to navigate through all these Chinese sites on Google.

I typed in the kanji the Chinese use for Suikoden to find BT or direct download sites for it since searching with it initially without the BT tag returned results to BT and Direct-Download sites anyway... so far no luck. I think some of these direct-download sites require payment. As for the BTs, you probably need to register to be able to make the torrents work.

Ugh. Need Chinese friend. Now. D:

PS, some random site I found with screens from it :D

Last edited by Puu on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Nanami = Chi Mei in Mandarin Chinese

what the hell? that doesn't even make any sense, why is her name the only one not translated by sound? Plus those profile shots are hand drawn, I'd think the oringinal artist can sue konami for copyright issues for alterning her art, than again the release would have made them no money so what's the point.

where do you live? if you are over there, who knows what you may find. but if you are somewhere else in the world finding that would be pretty impossible, I'd think it cost like 40-80 RMB brand new which would be $5-10 dollars but to people over there that amount of money will get your 5-10 new released DVDs or PS2 games(pirated of course) so no body is spending that kind of money on something one can easily download for free.
Puu

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:

what the hell? that doesn't even make any sense, why is her name the only one not translated by sound? Plus those profile shots are hand drawn, I'd think the oringinal artist can sue konami for copyright issues for alterning her art, than again the release would have made them no money so what's the point.

where do you live? if you are over there, who knows what you may find. but if you are somewhere else in the world finding that would be pretty impossible, I'd think it cost like 40-80 RMB brand new which would be $5-10 dollars but to people over there that amount of money will get your 5-10 new released DVDs or PS2 games(pirated of course) so no body is spending that kind of money on something one can easily download for free.

I think it's because her name almost literally means that, in Japanese. There's no need to go for another meaning.

Currently am in Canada <3

Don't underestimate the power of a good game. I think most of us here would agree, expensive of not, if we like something enough, we'd get it. Quality over quantity. Even if it IS a rip off.

I buy a certain series on DVD, and considering I'm paying around 30 CAN per DVD for a so-so dub with little to no extras... it's a bit of a rip off. But I buy it anyway for my love of that certain series :)
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Don't underestimate the power of a good game. I think most of us here would agree, expensive of not, if we like something enough, we'd get it. Quality over quantity.

oh there's no doubt the game is amazing but no matter how good a game maybe, if the person selling it to you offers to burn you a copy of the game at a 90% discount and that $4.50 you have left over can buy a good meal for 3 people, normal people of that area at least is not going to spend the whole $5 on a game...
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The defining term there is "normal people."
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've done it before. At college when my funds were incredibly limited, I've chosen to spend money on games, rather than.. you know actual food. Ahhh, how I miss the days of eating stop and shop $.10 a package top ramen and easy mac!

They is a reason why we're called fans. We're fanatical. And Fanatics are scary.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

""normal people" of that area" as in the average mainland chinese person who would care about video games, which would likely mean that person is not very successful in life (that sounds very bad I know but believe me 95% of people who spent over 300 hours playing video games during the entire childhood would turn out below average in life there, just because how much you have to do and many people you have to compete with to get on top there).

That would mean about a 1.5k-3k salary per month at most which is about $200-400 dollars, they don't spend much on housing and tax there cause housing are either provided by the parents or the child just lives with the parents til after marriage or later. after all other expenses, half of the salary is left to be spent on their own so it leaves about $100-200, but if you want anything good to wear or use like brand name clothing or a good cell phone, those cost about the same as here which can drain $200 in a hurry, that's also not counting gas which is the same price world wide since unless either your parents are really successful and can afford 2+ cars or you are very successful(which would mean that person don't care about video games) no one else under 30 can afford their own car.

Plus over there nobody buys official games/music/movies, you can get the latest pirated US/Japanese game releases down the street for $.50 or you can pay to import one for $50+ and wait a week to get it when you make $200 a month, who's gona do that? also can you imagine what the parents would say if their 25 years old kid that lives at home for free is spending almost half of their monthly salary on a game?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: