Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Game Cube Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well Resident Evil 4 is about as much of an RPG as harvest moon is, and it's the best game on the cube, so that's all I've got.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if your going for zelda games make sure to get the zelda bonus disc. it has the first two zelda games plus ocarina of time and majora's mask.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Gamecube doesn't have many RPGS, so if that's just what you're looking for, you'll probably be dissapointed.

The Gamecube's strength is in thier first party games. The Metriods are great, along with the Zeldas and Smash Brothers. If you are going for more mature games, check out Resident Evil 4 or Eternal Darkness. Both are survival horror games adna really different. RE4 is more action packed, but Eternal Darkness messes with your head by changing gameplay mechanics and just doing strange things all around as your character goes insane.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I definitely have to agree with the folks that suggested Tales of Symphonia. It's really a great game. I was terribly disappointed at first (especially since I preordered it) because a lot of the storyline in the first half of Disc 1 was very unoriginal. Once you get past the beginning though, the story really picks up when more characters and villains are revealed. It turns out to be an excellent game, with a strong battle system and an interesting cast. It does look a bit kiddy-ish but this turns out to not be the case by the end. Symphonia is a must have if you're into RPGs. *nod*

If you're more into shooters, there's always the remake of Metal Gear Solid. My brother had that and even I found myself enjoying it, even though I'm not into big on traditional shooters like that. I need some horror thrown into it. Which brings me to my next suggestion--- Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero. The remake of the very first game in this successful franchise is my absolute favorite. I've played RE4 and loved it, but I still think RE1 is the best one. The whole game is just perfect! You're basically trapped indoors, inside an old abandoned mansion infested with zombies, and the only way out is to go through the place exploring and blowing away whatever tries to tear you apart. That claustrophobic, “I’m trapped!” is a lot scarier than any of the other settings, in my eyes. Story-wise there's a HUGE improvement from the original which was corny and badly translated. The graphics are stunning; the use of shadows and lighting really add to the whole eerie atmosphere. It's just awesome!

Zero’s good too, but not nearly as good as RE1 or RE4. They've also made ports of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Both of them are great games, and should be relatively cheap.

If you like Harvest Moon, you might give Animal Crossing a go. That one looks to be about the most childish game out there, but it's really quite enjoyable. There's not a whole lot of action, really... especially compared to the many options in HM (raising animals, planting crops, getting married, upgrading your house, etc.) but it has its own charm.

Call of Duty is pretty popular from what I hear. I think there are two games out on the Gamecube. There's also the Medal of Honor games, which my brother also likes. Metriod Prime is a really good action/shooter as well. There's also Splinter Cell.

If you're into fighting, the Gamecube has my absolute favorite fighting game on there! Capcom VS SNK 2. Definitely worth checking out even though I prefer the arcade version better! In the fighting game genre there's also the Naruto games. I've played a few of them and they're actually entertaining. You're probably better off buying the latest title as I believe it's the one that has the most characters and features. I'm not a big fan of Soul Calibur but that's another viable suggestion that just came to me.

That's all I can think of. Hope it helps! :mrgreen:

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I got forty bucks in my pocket, was planning to get Disgaea for the PSP but gamestop have a pretty neat deal that when you buy a used gamecube for $39.99 you can get any gamecube game free, I don't need a gamecube since I have the wii and I'd never play gamecube games now anyways but I do still have my GBA player & travel screen sitting around for over a year since I got rid of my own gamecube.

What's more important is that I also know stores that have used copies of Ikaruga, which is a nice item to get for free. I already have most of the popular titles so I guess I'm trying to decide between it or maybe Mario Tennis, Resident Evil 2 or 3, or one of the Mario Parties(any game that sells as much as the gamecube itself) I'm leaning toward Ikaruga although I already own a copy, anyone feel like one of those maybe better?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: