Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Game Cube Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Game Cube Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey all, I bought a game cube a few months ago thinking that there would be a whole slew of RPGs and other games that I hadn't ever heard of. I thought it would be like the SNES and have all sorts of RPG gems yet to be player, and so far I'm terribly terribly dissapointed. The only decent games I've found that I enjoyed are:

Zelda: Windwaker
Harvest Moon Magical Melody

Please tell me there are other titles for this square piece of junk worth playing and that I didn't just waste my money. The worst of it all is that my PS2 broke and I have no cash for a new one, so I better find something worth playing on the Gamecube!

I hate you Onimaru.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I mentioned this in Decado's thread, but you need to get Skies of Arcadia Legends. This game JUST about justified me buying a Gamecube by itself. I'm still not pleased that I went and bought one, but if I hadn't, I never would have been introduced to this gem of a game. It is hands down the greatest game ever released on the Gamecube, and is one of my top 5 RPGs of all time. Seriously, do yourself a favor and pick it up as soon as the game store opens. You will not regret it, I promise.

~Uguu!~
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the love of everything holy, buy Tales of Symphonia. It was the only reason I had a gamecube, and I played through it over 8 times. Then I let some ass borrow it, and someone stole it from him. A part of me died that day. Please get tis game. I'm super picky with games, but I couldn't really find a flaw here.

Rebel of Babylon

1133804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another potential choice would be Zelda: Twilight Princess so you can play it the way it was meant to be played, not flipped to accommodate the damned wiimote.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played Tales of Symphonia and really, I didn't like it I'm sorry to say. It looked like it had alot of promise, but it seemed a little too childish (i know, I'm playing harvest moon right now - what a hypocrit!) and a little corny. I got a few hours into it, but overall It just wasn't all that enjoyable. Maybe I'm just growing up, and games with less mature content don't really appeal to me the way they used to. I think if I'd have played the game a few years ago, I would have loved it. But the cheesy dialog and predictable plot left a sour taste in my mouth.

I have yet to play Skies of Legandia, it looked great though - I've been meaning to get that one, but like I said - I'm broke and limited to renting games these days, and I'm not even sure I could track that one down at my local EB. The Twilight princess did look good, it's one I've been meaning to play as well however I haven't been able to get my hands on it at the video store and again, too broke to run out and buy it. but it's on my list.

I also played Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles, what a crap game that was. grr..

I hate you Onimaru.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And Fire Emblem: Path of Radience, while not a traditional RPG, FE is a damn good series and this instalment is no different.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I've played Tales of Symphonia and really, I didn't like it I'm sorry to say. It looked like it had alot of promise, but it seemed a little too childish (i know, I'm playing harvest moon right now - what a hypocrit!) and a little corny. I got a few hours into it, but overall It just wasn't all that enjoyable. Maybe I'm just growing up, and games with less mature content don't really appeal to me the way they used to. I think if I'd have played the game a few years ago, I would have loved it. But the cheesy dialog and predictable plot left a sour taste in my mouth.

Like a lot of RPGs, it takes a while for the plot to get going. About 1/3 of the game actually, the first 20 hours or so. Honestly, the only thing that kept me going through that far was the excellent combat system. Once the plot does get going, it's quite good. You missed out on one of the greatest games of the last generation, my friend! :wink:

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vertius wrote:
Quote:

Like a lot of RPGs, it takes a while for the plot to get going. About 1/3 of the game actually, the first 20 hours or so. Honestly, the only thing that kept me going through that far was the excellent combat system. Once the plot does get going, it's quite good. You missed out on one of the greatest games of the last generation, my friend! :wink:

I totally agree. Go check it out. There are several times where I thought the game may actually be coming to an end-- but it is not the case, and it throws another plot twist in there. I must say, however, that a few of the plot twists are pretty predictable, but give the game another go, because it really is one of the most fun games I've played.... well, ever.

Super Smash Brothers: Melee is an absolute must for Game Cube, by the way.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Baten Kaitos is a pretty good game. However if you find Baten Kaitos Origins instead....well...personally I didn't get that far in BKO and I still prefer the original...but it's probably because I have other games on the PS2 that are more in a need for me to beat...so you can still try it anyhow.

I think Legend of Zelda: Four Swords is pretty enjoyable as well...although it's probably more enjoyable if you happen to have someone else around to play the multiplayer mode...

If you liked HM: Magical Melody perhaps you would be interested in Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life?
It's not as say..."challenging" as Magical Melody but if you play through it ..it covers the main character's whole lifetime rather quickly and raising your kid becomes a factor in it (although it's rather minimal)

And them erm...hmm...well...I'll put another vote on Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance :o you should definately give that a try

Last edited by Ikano on Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're mature enough, Paper Mario 2 is the best RPG on the platform.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masa wrote:
If you're mature enough, Paper Mario 2 is the best RPG on the platform.

Hee hee, Mario as paper!

I quite liked Animal Forest (or was it Animal Crossing), that is like an RPG simulation type game I suppose. It reminded me of the Chocobo Farm from Final Fantasy VII.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geeez, all the ones I was going to recommend are taken.
These are not RPGs, but no gamecube collection is complete with out MarioKart and Super Smash Brothers Melee.
Keep your eyes open also for the ever-so-hard-to-find Zelda Collectors Discs—there're are two versions. One is the Ocarina of Time regular and Master Quests and the other has about four of the older Zeldas. They're worth the money if you can find them!

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
Keep your eyes open also for the ever-so-hard-to-find Zelda Collectors Discs—there're are two versions. One is the Ocarina of Time regular and Master Quests and the other has about four of the older Zeldas. They're worth the money if you can find them!

Yes, those are particularly rare as I believe there were special offers and not available for individual sale, or so it says on the packaging of my copies. I had to resort to eBay to get the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest disc, while for the Zelda Collection (Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask) I had to subscribe to Nintendo Power for a year. It was a good choice, too, since it brought Tales of Symphonia to my attention.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As you say, House, unfortunately the discs are expensive and hard to find. If you keep your eyes open at any used shop or at the EB Games and Gamestops, though, you should be able to find one eventually! Ebay I woul recommend only as a last resort. :/ Prices seem to have gone waaay up lately.

...and I'll put another plug in for Fire Emblem: Path of Radience. <3

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buy Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos and if you like Phantasy Star Online 1+2 these are good games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: