Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Looking for a game inspiration
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Again I second that, Bloodlines is a very good game. I also just started playing Silverfall for the PC I bought it on a gamble, for a PC RPG it is good, its all mouse based with shortcuts, I get annoyed with some PC games that use the keyboard for movement.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah Dark Cloud 2 is called Dark Chronicle here in the PAL regions, but it is a really good game, it has classic RPG element, you can make things and rebuild location with things you find within the dungeons, or you could just go fishing and go to the contests, or maybe play some rounds of golf?
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're looking for a game with inspiration, I'd definitely recommend Okami. It's an incredible beautiful game using cell shaded visuals attempting to mimic Japanese watercolors, it has gameplay reminiscient to a Zelda game but puts a painting element into special attacks and it's about 60 hours long to play. It was the second highest rated game for the PS2 of 2006 and won multiple awards. On a personal level, it's the first game in years that while playing I'd think "Wow, I've never played anything liked this before. This is amazing."
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of beautiful games, Shadow of the Colossus, Ive yet to sit down and finish it yet but that is another game where I felt I have never played anything quite like it. Impressive visuals, awesome music, great fun to play too. Definately inspiring for myself.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado wrote:

[EDIT] I heard Tiberium Wars is a bit buggy - can anyone confirm/refute this?

Initially yes, patch 1.06 fixes some of the bugs and exploits, however it's on the large side at 134.1mb, it's still a bit buggy but not as bad as it used to be. Change logs can be found here

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Medievil total war 2, or Rome Total War are great games. I think you'd enjoy them... you get be a ruler of a nation and go mess with everyone else. Who here wouldn't love to do that!!

Xenosaga 3 is great fun. I am currently playing it in between Madden right now.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forget getting a game, run out and get a book. I recommend "A Game of Thrones" by George R. R. Martin. Far better for you're brain!

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crusaders. You can drop boiling oil on your foes. Now if that is not fun then you can also practice being a anti-semite :D by following the historical campaign.

(Note: that the fact that you slaughter arabians may have been 1 factor why the game did not fare too well :P )
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: