Suikoden Unique and Infamous Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL 2007 Weekly Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the league matchups are pre-determined and available only on my harddrive back in Texas I won't be able to update them again after week 14 until January. I'll try to keep everything else rolling though.

Week 14:
Sailor Sexy wrote:
1. Parallax 14-2
1. RedCydranth 14-2
1. Tullaryx 14-2
4. Shad 13-3
5. Buff 13-3
6. Amyral 12-4
6. Boogeyman 12-4
6. Geddoe 12-4
9. Calvin 11-5
9. Locke 11-5
9. Sailor Sexy 11-5
12. UCPesmerga 10-6

Overall Standings:
1. 138-70-0 RedCydranth
2. 137-71-0 Shad
3. 136-71-1 Buff
4. 135-73-0 Locke
5. 133-74-1 UCPesmerga
6. 130-78-0 Boogeyman
7. 128-80-0 Zonder
8. 125-79-4 Tullaryx
9. 121-87-0 Parallax
10. 119-86-3 Geddoe
10. 119-89-0 Sailor Sexy
12. 115-75-18 Arevus
13. 97-61-50 Amyral
14. 92-68-48 Samurai X
15. 79-51-78 fuji
16. 74-55-79 Exile
17. 8-8-192 OrangeWarrior

League mode

Week 14:
Shad (13-3) vs RedCydranth (14-2)
Zonder (11-5) vs Parallax (14-2)
UCPesmerga (10-6) vs Boogeyman (12-4)
Locke (11-5) vs Buff (13-3)
Amyral (12-4) vs Sailor Sexy (11-5)
Geddoe (12-4) vs Tullaryx (14-2)

Overall standings (the fourth column is for missed weeks, which will count as less than a loss):
1. 8-5-1-0 Buff
2. 7-6-1-0 RedCydranth
3. 7-7-0-0 UCPesmerga
4. 6-4-4-0 Boogeyman
4. 6-4-4-0 Locke
6. 6-5-3-0 Tullaryx
7. 6-6-2-0 Sailor Sexy
8. 5-3-6-0 Zonder
9. 5-5-4-0 Parallax
10. 5-5-3-1 Arevus
11. 5-4-2-3 Amyral
12. 4-5-5-0 Shad
13. 4-5-2-3 Samurai X
14. 2-6-6-0 Geddoe
15. 2-4-3-5 fuji
16. 2-5-2-5 Exile
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 15:
1. Calvin 11-5-0
1. Sailor Sexy 11-5-0
3. Locke 10-6-0
3. UCPesmerga 10-6-0
5. Buff 9-7-0
5. Geddoe 9-7-0
5. Parallax 9-7-0
5. Shad 9-7-0
5. Tullaryx 9-7-0
10. Boogeyman 8-7-1
10. RedCydranth 6-10-0

Overall Standings:
1. 146-78-0 Shad
2. 145-78-1 Buff
2. 145-79-0 Locke
4. 144-80-0 RedCydranth
5. 143-80-1 UCPesmerga
6. 139-85-0 Zonder
7. 138-85-1 Boogeyman
8. 134-86-4 Tullaryx
9. 130-94-0 Parallax
9. 130-94-0 Sailor Sexy
11. 128-93-3 Geddoe
12. 115-75-34 Arevus
13. 97-61-66 Amyral
14. 92-68-64 Samurai X
15. 79-51-94 fuji
16. 74-55-95 Exile
17. 8-8-208 OrangeWarrior

Week 16:
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
Dallas at Carolina
Philadelphia at New Orleans
NY Giants at Buffalo
Green Bay at Chicago
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Kansas City at Detroit
Houston at Indianapolis
Oakland at Jacksonville
Atlanta at Arizona
Tampa Bay at San Francisco
Baltimore at Seattle
NY Jets at Tennessee
Miami at New England
Washington at Minnesota
Denver at San Diego
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rough Week. Damn. 6-10? Yikes.

Week 16:
Pittsburgh at St. Louis - Pittsburgh showed last week that they're not as good as they looked earlier in the season. Losing to Jacksonville isn't something to be ashamed of, but more or less a worrying problem as they may square off in 2 weeks again in the first round of the playoffs. That is if things go the right way. If Cleveland usurps Pittsburgh as division champions, then we'll see a different scenario. St. Louis really has nothing to play for here, so this game goes Ben Roethlisberger's way.

Dallas at Carolina - Dallas needs to win this to keep the advantage over Green Bay for Homefield throughout. Tony Romo's collapse last week was terrible and there's no excuse, however best that he get his bad game out now than when they reach the playoffs. I think the game last week was a fluke and that the Cowboys rebound by thorouhly trouncing the Panthers.

Philadelphia at New Orleans - Philadelphia for some reason has done well recently. A little late if you ask me, but they stopped Dallas and despite losing the three games prior, they were in all of those games to the end. It seems that they sort of awoke against New England but just haven't been rewarded. New Orleans has been mediocre all year and they're probably not going to make the necessary surge to get into the post season. Minnesota would need to falter and So too would Washington.

NY Giants at Buffalo - As much as I like the Bills, there's nothing left to play for. The loss at Cleveland slammed any hope of a playoff push in our faces. The best we can hope for is a few learning games for Trent Edwards and try and improve for next year. The Giants have everything to play for. A win against Buffalo secures the first Wild Card spot for them and allows them to essentially relax next week against New England. I don't think Tom Caughlin will force his guys to go out and beat the Patriots just to appease Don Shula.

Green Bay at Chicago - I just don't think the Bears have enough in them to beat the Packers. Playoff implications aside, the Packers are the best team in the NFC, except maybe the Cowboys. The Green Bay Packers need this win to try and get the Lambeau advantage all through the playoffs. This is very crucial because if it pans out that the Pack needs to face Dallas in the NFC Championship game, Favre has never won in Dallas, but he can beat the Cowboys in Lambeau. Chicago needs to do some QB hunting this offseason. JP Losman might be available, lol.

Cleveland at Cincinnati - Last week's game against Buffalo was abysmal. the 8-0 score was terrible, the conditions were crap and I really hated the game because it was both teams versus the weather, not each other. Anyhow, the Browns can still claim the AFC North Division as their if the cards fall the right way. Winning against Cincinnati this week will only help that, but even more so, a win secures a playoff spot regardless of whether they win the division or not. Only if Tennessee loses though, I think.

Kansas City at Detroit - Detroit flopped their way out of the playoffs. A very typical thing for the Lions to do. Foolish were we to even conceive that the Lions may be legitimate. Its a pretty solid fact that the Lions are pretty good at not making playoffs. However now that they can in no way make them, they'll play well. Kansas City has been pretty crappy as of late. No need to start being good now.

Houston at Indianapolis - Indianapolis may not have much to play for in this game, but they will still emerge victorious because the Texans aren't that great and the Colts are too good to let this slip away. I can see Jim Sorgi in the pocket and still winning this game in the second half.

Oakland at Jacksonville - Jacksonville wins and they get the playoff spot they've aspired to get all year. The choice of David Gerrard over Byron Leftwich has proven to be genius and the benefits have been astounding. Imagine the Jag's record had Gerrard not been injured mid-season. They'd be contending for the division right now (if they won against New Orleans and Indianapolis). Is there any reason to think Oakland will play well? Nope.

Atlanta at Arizona - I dunno, I think I just picked this based on record. Chris Redman has done okay as the Falcons QB, but I wouldn't go as far to say that he's their answer. Maybe they can use whatever draft pick they end up with to take some QB out of college. That Colt Brennan might be available, I like him. But I dunno if his mechanics will thrive in the NFL, I don't see too many sidearm NFL QBs. Anyhow, I just pick Arizona because the Cardinals are the better team this year. Somehow.

Tampa Bay at San Francisco - San Fran sucks. Even after all the rebuilding they did, they suck. Maybe some more rebuilding will get this franchise a winning record. Maybe. Tampa Bay has been surging through the season and clinched their division. They don't have much to play for anymore since Green Bay and Dallas will be sitting the first week of the playoffs out. If Tampa loses its only because they conserved their players for the playoffs.

Baltimore at Seattle - Seattle should beat the Ravens by 40. The Ravens should be renamed the Ostriches because after last week's loss to Miami, they need to bury their heads in the sand. They ruined a dream. Fans wanted to see the Dolphins go 0-16 and now that was swept away from us. I feel like the Ravens deliberately let the Dolphins win because there's no way the Dolphins were good enough to win. That is the only explanation. Seattle is playoff bound, but they'll not get far in them because I think the Green Bay Packers will end their run if they make it that far.

NY Jets at Tennessee - Fighting for that last playoff spto, the Titans need to beat the shitty Jets. The Jets have no reason to win here. They had to go back to Chad Pennington last week when Kellen Clemens went down. Both suck, but they were forced to go with the turd Pennington, that was funny. I think the Titans win here and keep their hopes alive.

Miami at New England 15-0. Its happening. The Dolphins got their win. Even if they try their asses off and the Patriots bench their starters the whole game, the Dolphins will still lose by 30. This has to be the biggest differential of wins to losses in NFL history. If the Patriots keep this close, I will get so pissed off because I have Tom Brady in my fantasy league here at Suikox and I want to win. Brady better light it up in the first half because I'm fairly certain he won't be in drng the second half. The only hurdle left for the Patriots is the Giants.

Washington at Minnesota - Playoffs here we come Minnesota. Adrian Peterson got me the win last week and I'm on the Adrian Train! The Vikings are playing their asses off and look damn good. The Redskins need to win this to try and get past the Vikings to make the playoffs. If they win here, they'll have the tie breaker over the Vikings and things will look a lot better for them.

Denver at San Diego - This is a game that San Diego should win. I don't know why they will, but they will. Maybe its because its on the big Monday Night stage that they'll show up, but the Chargers will beat the Broncos who have not lived up to expectations yet again.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, keep it up, and thanks for the bump to first place. :P

Edit: Looks like we picked the exact same teams this week, so on second thought don't keep up the "good work". >_>

Week 16:
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
Dallas at Carolina
NY Giants at Buffalo
Green Bay at Chicago
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Kansas City at Detroit
Houston at Indianapolis
Oakland at Jacksonville
Atlanta at Arizona
Baltimore at Seattle
NY Jets at Tennessee
Miami at New England
Washington at Minnesota
Denver at San Diego
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 16:
Pittsburgh
Dallas
New Orleans
Buffalo
Green Bay
Cleveland
Kansas City
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Arizona
Tampa Bay
Seattle
Tennessee
New England
Washington
San Diego

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
UCPesmerga

The Hidden Foxes

221997 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pittsburgh
Dallas
Philadelphia
Buffalo
Green Bay
Cleveland
Kansas City
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Arizona
Tampa Bay
Seattle
Tennessee
New England
Minnesota
San Diego
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 16:
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
Dallas at Carolina
NY Giants at Buffalo
Green Bay at Chicago
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Kansas City at Detroit
Houston at Indianapolis
Oakland at Jacksonville
Atlanta at Arizona
Baltimore at Seattle
NY Jets at Tennessee
Miami at New England
Washington at Minnesota
Denver at San Diego

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Boogeyman

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pittsburgh at St. Louis
Dallas at Carolina
NY Giants at Buffalo
Green Bay at Chicago
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Kansas City at Detroit
Houston at Indianapolis
Oakland at Jacksonville
Atlanta at Arizona
Baltimore at Seattle
NY Jets at Tennessee
Miami at New England
Washington at Minnesota
Denver at San Diego

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pittsburgh at St. Louis
Dallas at Carolina
NY Giants at Buffalo
Green Bay at Chicago
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Kansas City at Detroit
Houston at Indianapolis
Oakland at Jacksonville
Atlanta at Arizona
Baltimore at Seattle
NY Jets at Tennessee
Miami at New England
Washington at Minnesota
Denver at San Diego

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pittsburgh at St. Louis

Dallas at Carolina - It's a road game and I'm not expecting Jessica Simpson to bother pulling a roadie to Carolina to screw Tony up.

NY Giants at Buffalo - My hate for New York overwhelms the fact that I really do think Buffalo sucks. So by that virtue, Buffalo should win.

Green Bay at Chicago - Go Pack GO!

Cleveland at Cincinnati - Living in sin on a safety pin. OHIO!

Kansas City at Detroit - WE'RE NOT PICKING DETROIT. [But then again, y'all prolly knew this.]

Houston at Indianapolis

Oakland at Jacksonville - does it bother anyone else that Fred Taylor didn't make the Pro Bowl? AGAIN?

Atlanta at Arizona - Do I have to pick this game? I abstain. This game is too ugly to decide.

Tampa Bay at San Francisco - Does it bother anyone else that Derrick Brooks didn't make the Pro Bowl?

Baltimore at Seattle - DC born and bred, it's also my job to hate all things Baltimore. Charm City my ass.

NY Jets at Tennessee

Miami at New England - Suge Belichick - no stopping that foo'.

Washington at Minnesota - ATTENTION! ATTENTION! THIS IS A HOMER PICK. REPEAT, A HOMER PICK. THIS PARTICULAR PROGNOSTICATOR IS SUCH A HOMER FOR WASHINGTON THAT IF IT WERE THE REDSKINS V. GOD, SHE'D PICK THE REDSKINS AND THE POINTS!

Denver at San Diego - what took San Diego so long to get started!? [Actually, I know the answer to this...]

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 16

Pittsburgh at St. Louis - Was this a Thursday game? Guess I'm late again. I haven't heard anything about this game, or even whether it was actually played. If you don't want to count this pick though, that's okay.

Dallas at Carolina - Dallas sucks because they're Dallas. I hope they fail and die in the playoffs. They should force Carolina through a mesh screen though.

Philadelphia at New Orleans - Guess I'm not much of an Eagles fan. New Orleans has (as far as I know?) at least a slim chance at the playoffs. They're only a mediocre team, but mediocre teams can still make the wildcard.

NY Giants at Buffalo - I haven't monitored the NFC wildcard contention, so I'll assume the Giants still have to play. If so, then they will beat Buffalo here.

Green Bay at Chicago - Chicago will lose this game. Just saying.

Cleveland at Cincinnati - The Bengals suck, and Cleveland could potentially usurp the divisional championship from Pittsburgh. That's a huge deal, and the Browns have to be charged up on the knowledge that they could win their division. I mean...seriously!

Kansas City at Detroit - KC is smashed by injuries, and hasn't recovered well. Given time to get their team back on its feet, the Chiefs could really be dangerous, but it's not going to happen this season.

Houston at Indianapolis - Seriously.

Oakland at Jacksonville - Jacksonville can clinch their spot this week, and they're playing at home. Also, Oakland is horrible, and Jacksonville honestly is pretty damned good. Go Jaguars!?

Atlanta at Arizona

Baltimore at Seattle - Baltimore hasn't won since mid October. Honestly, how embarrassing is that, from a team that went like 13-3 last year (or something?) Almost as sad as my beloved Bears.

NY Jets at Tennessee - The Jets.

Miami at New England - I don't believe it for an instant. Not in Foxborogh. Not in 2007. Suck on this Don Shula.

Washington at Minnesota - Strategy: run the football. Stuff the run. Advantage: Minnesota.

Denver at San Diego - Denver is shot already, so they have nothing to play for, and so many of their guys are hurt, they should rest them. They won't, because Shanahan is stubborn and arrogant, but they'll still lose. San Diego needs to field a strong team if they want to make an impact in the postseason, and they have to be ready.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wooooo, not only did I win my fantasy league today, beating the guy who beat me in the championship match last year, but I've got a really good shot at winning this two years in a row. I'll post up the rest later. For now here's the week's standings. Merry Christmas!

Week 16:
1. Calvin 13-3-0
2. Buff 12-4-0
2. Parallax 12-4-0
2. RedCydranth 12-4-0
2. Shad 12-4-0
6. Boogeyman 11-5-0
7. Geddoe 10-5-1
7. Locke 10-6-0
7. Sailor Sexy 10-6-0
7. UCPesmerga 10-6-0
11. Tullaryx 0-0-16
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 17

New England at New York Giants - Let's round out the season, shall we? The Giants are easily one of the best teams New England has had to face up against this year, but that still doesn't make them capable of bringing the Patriots down. Only one more game before we can all tell Don Shula and Bob Griese and the rest of the '72 Dolphins to just shut up for once. I don't really want to take away from their accomplishment...but after long enough, I'm just so tired of hearing about it.

Buffalo at Philadelphia - The Eagles! It's an army... well, nevermind. Buffalo did show some real life this season, especially compared to the last season, and to their crappy divisional rivals, the Jets and the Dolphins. Unfortunately, the Eagles have shown a great deal more fire than Buffalo has. Going into the end of season at home, neither of these teams has any shot at playoff contention. I see this going Philadelphia's way.

Seattle at Atlanta - Although the Seahawks have already clinched the division and are guaranteed a playoff spot, and their seed isn't even really a matter of debate...there's still the matter of their opponents, the Atlanta Falcons. Anyway.

New Orleans at Chicago - This will make two years in a row the Bears have knocked New Orleans out of the playoffs. Har!

San Francisco at Cleveland - Cleveland has to win here and Tennessee has to lose in order for them to advance to the playoffs after their loss to the Bengals last week. Too bad... Cinci would have been a good opponent to beat to guarantee a playoff spot. Anyway, San Francisco is not too good. Playing in Cleveland was already scary, and will become more so for the 49ers this week as they write off yet another season. Hooray!

Detroit at Green Bay - Green Bay doesn't have any reason to play their hardest in this game, as they've already clinched a first round bye and Dallas has the homefield advantage. Detroit could avoid a losing season for the first time in a long time by pulling out a last minute win here at Green Bay, and I think they just might do it.

Jacksonville at Houston - Houston has no shot at the playoffs, no nothing. Their season is a wash. Jacksonville is a monster of a team that might do some damage in the postseason this year. Looking forward to seeing them there.

Carolina at Tampa Bay - Speaking of seasons that are a wash...hi, Carolina! Injuries suck, amirite?

Cincinnati at Miami - Stupid Dolphins. 1-15 is too good for this '07 team.

Kansas City at New York Jets - What's with these games?

Pittsburgh at Baltimore - In a surprise move, the Ravens end the season with their first win in about eight weeks in a big home rivalry game. Pittsburgh has already clinched their division, but they're sans Willie Parker, and still looking at those tough postseason games, not the Baltimore stumbling block in their way.

Dallas at Washington - Washington actually has a shot at the playoffs, but they have to win this week. Dallas, on the other hand, has a tough postseason road ahead, and they're without Terrel Owens. Do they dare risk a big injury this weekend?

St. Louis at Arizona - Go Kurt Warner!

Minnesota at Denver - Strategy: run the ball, stuff the run. Advantage Minnesota. I said this same last week and got burned for it, but the Redskins put together a good defense in the box against AP and Chester Taylor. Denver, meanwhile, got rolled by LaDanian Tomlinson. See where I'm going with this?

San Diego at Oakland - Everyone loves smacking Oakland around. This year maybe even more than in previous years...though I admit, that's a loaded statement.

Tennessee at Indianapolis - Indy needs to be very healthy if they want to have a shot at beating the perfectly healthy New England Patriots in the postseason. Tennessee has to win to even get into the playoffs. Indianapolis has already clinched the division and a first round bye. Tennessee has to win to even get into the playoffs. I'll go Titans here, even though I may end up regretting it later after they manage to incompetently bumble this game away.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 16 Overall Standings:
1. 158-82-0 Shad
2. 157-82-1 Buff
3. 156-84-0 RedCydranth
4. 155-85-0 Locke
5. 153-86-1 UCPesmerga
6. 152-88-0 Zonder
7. 149-90-1 Boogeyman
8. 142-98-0 Parallax
9. 140-100-0 Sailor Sexy
10. 138-98-4 Geddoe
11. 134-86-20 Tullaryx
12. 115-75-50 Arevus
13. 97-61-82 Amyral
14. 92-68-80 Samurai X
15. 79-51-110 fuji
16. 74-55-111 Exile
17. 8-8-224 OrangeWarrior

Week 17:
New England at NY Giants
Cincinnati at Miami
Jacksonville at Houston
Detroit at Green Bay
San Francisco at Cleveland
New Orleans at Chicago
Buffalo at Philadelphia
Seattle at Atlanta
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Kansas City at NY Jets
San Diego at Oakland
Minnesota at Denver
St Louis at Arizona
Dallas at Washington
Tennessee at Indianapolis
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This week is gonna be screwed up because of benching good players for preparation of the Playoffs, but this shouldn't be too hard. I gotta finish strong to stay in the top 3!

Week 17:
New England at NY Giants - The New England Patriots are going to make history. In more than one way. This game will be the first game since the first Superbowl to be simulcast on NBC and CBS as well as the NFL network, technically making it the most broadcast football game in NFL history. Aside from that, there's that perfection thing they're trying to go for. With the Giants resting for a definite game next week in the wild card week of the play offs, they should be resting most of their good players. The patriots will have Brady in the first half, I'm pretty sure, once they secure a decent lead I expect to see backups in there, but the Giants will not beat the Pats, if things get too close later on in the game, they'll bring Brady and Moss back in and finish the dream. This game won't be exciting, sadly.

Cincinnati at Miami - I'm kind of hesitant on this one. Miami has nothing to lose by playing its ass off. Even if they win this one they still will get the first draft pick next year, so there's no incentive to lose for the Dolphins. The Bengals though do need some sort of help, on defense and maybe in the running game or on that shoddy O-line. Something. So, if the Bengals drop this game I won't be surprised whatsoever. I'm picking the Bengals though because I think the team has a bit more pride than to throw it away to Miami just for a better pick in the draft. The club beat the Browns last week in a pretty well played game on their part, so I don't see why they would throw it.

Jacksonville at Houston - This is one of those instances where a good team can lose to a bad one because they're resting too many of their starters. Houston isn't so shitty of a team they can't beat the Jaguars second stringers, but there's a pride and momentum issue that the Jaguars should try and uphold. Nobody wants to lose the last game of the season going into an important playoff game. Chances are the Jaguars will beat the Houston Texans, but the second half should be a good one.

Detroit at Green Bay - I know, I know. I think this is one of those last week upsets that isn't that much of an upset. The Lions aren't the better team, but the Packers have no reason to show up because they need to rest up for their game in two weeks. Bret Favre will only play a short game so I don't see them winning this, whereas Jon Kitna will be playing the whole game. Detroit is still trying to prove to their fans they aren't a complete bust.

San Francisco at Cleveland - This is a huge must win game for the Browns. They need this game to fall their way to make the playoffs. Things don't look too bad for them either because the Titans have to beat Indianapolis. Despite the Colts playing short staffed, I think I'd rather be in the Browns position. Facing a weak 49ers squad to hopefully make playoffs sounds easier than beating the Colts to make the playoffs. So, with everything to play for, the Browns should beat the 49ers who have nothing to play for.

New Orleans at Chicago - The Bears will come out gunning. After the huge upset last week over Green Bay, Chicago is now trying to play role of spoiler for the Saints, who's only shot to make the playoffs is a win and hopes that the Vikings and Redskins both fail to win this week. So, the Saints have something to play for and I feel the Bears only won that game last week because of adverse weather conditions and a little luck. And the punter on the Packers had the worst week ever for a punter in history. The Saints will win, but not make the playoffs because either Minnesota or Washington (or both) will win as well.

Buffalo at Philadelphia - I pick this only for favoritism, and the fact I honestly think the Bills are the better team. But the numbers might say otherwise. I'm hesitant to think that either team will hold anything back, even though this game is purely pointless. Neither team will get that much better position in the draft by losing, both teams have a head coach who is very respectable and will not stoop to throwing games. I have a lot of respect for Andy Reid and Dick Jauron, both are upstanding coaches. Even though this game has no meaning, both teams will fight tooth and nail for this win. I just think the Bills walk out victorious.

Seattle at Atlanta - You know, its an anomaly that the Falcons beat the Buccaneers last week. Even short staffed, I think the Seahawks will win this. Why? Because they are not that bad of a franchise and the Falcons just flat out are. The game was lost last week on the Buccaneer's side. They somehow forgot that running the ball wins you games. The Seahawks have an established running game, and I think even the backup, Maurice Morris, will run circles across the Falcons.

Carolina at Tampa Bay - Carolina is probably going to win this because the Buccaneers will be resting their battered lineup in preparation for New York next week. I think they'll be facing the Giants. Regardless, the Panthers aren't so bad of a team they can't overcome the Tampa Bay second stringers. Maybe though the Bucs will try running the ball and winning for a change. Nah.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore - Baltimore is THE worst team in football now. Record aside, look at the teams they've beaten. Cardinals, Jets, 49ers and Rams. The best team in that bunch is the Cardinals at 7-8. They've lost to Cincinnati twice, Miami and Buffalo. However they've had a rough schedule since they faced possible playoff teams all the rest of the season. Cleveland, Seattle, New England, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh and San Diego. No excuses for the Miami loss though. seriously. Pittsburgh should walk all over this Ravens team. The last win the Ravens got was way back in Week 6. That was half way through October. Pittsburgh will win this pretty easily. If they don't thats a huge downer going into the Playoffs. I think the Steelers need this win to avoid facing those ever tough Jaguars.

Kansas City at NY Jets - Pointless game. The Jets suck. The Chiefs suck too, but not as eternally as the Jets do. I hate the Jets so much. I want Chad Pennington to break both of his knees in a freak play where no other player is involved. Hell, I'd be fine if a crazy fan ran onto the field and clubbed his knees in. Just don't uncover the lunatic's mask, you might see me! Just kidding, I'd never resort to physical violence to torment the man. I just hate from afar. The Chiefs probably won;t play well, which is fine because the Jets never do either. I thing the Chiefs' pathetic attempts are better than the Jets'.

San Diego at Oakland - The Chargers are on a 5 game winning streak, why let it end against a terrible Oakland team. Even while resting LaDanian and Rivers, I think they can beat these Oakland schlubs. The only good thing to come of this game for Oakland is that its giving JaMarcus Russel a few real game reps in preparation for next year, when much more will be expected of him. I actually saw someone wearing a JaMarcus Russel jersey the other day. I honestly don't know what goes through people's minds. Either he was a real die hard Raiders fan, or an idiot. I'd never buy a jersey of a rookie who's been untested. Its like buying a Ryan Leaf jersey or an Akili Smith one. Ugh. We have no clue if Russel will be the real deal.

Minnesota at Denver - The Vikings have a bit of a battle here. Win and they dramatically improve their chances of making the playoffs. Lose and there's no possible way. Its quite simple for them. Their only option here is win. I have no clue why the hell the Vikings stopped trying to break the Redskins with Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor. They did a good job stopping them, but that doesn't mean you give up. They only handed the ball off 15 times that game. Thats between the two. The Vikings can't win with only 15 rushing attempts, I'm sorry. They deserve to lose if they are resting on the arm of Tavaris. I think he's a growing star, but he can't do it all. Anyhow, the Denver corner backs are decent still and their running defense isn't top notch so I expect a rebound game from the duo of Taylor and Peterson. Vikings win.

St Louis at Arizona - I dunno about this one. The Cardinals are eliminated but they're still a better team than the Rams. But the Rams have played tough last week, despite their loss. I'm gonna go with the Cardinals though because I really want to se them finish it out 8-8. Just like my Bills.

Dallas at Washington - As much as I hate to say it, the Redskins deserve their playoff spot. I like that they're playing their asses off and I was on their wagon mid-season, but I really wanted to see the Vikings go in. However I think Dallas is going to rest up and the Redskins are going to play with everything they have and pull it off. Dallas really shouldn't care because both teams rely more on the run than the pass, and Dallas's run D is pretty darn good. Dallas is going to rest Romo, TO and their defense for as much of the game as they can, so expect the Redskins to be in the playoffs next week.

Tennessee at Indianapolis - Tony Dungy likes to go into the playoffs on a winning note, thats how he is. He won't push his players too hard though, if the Titans jump out early, expect to see the the second stringers and the "forfeit", however if the Colts make the early jump on the Titans, you'll probably see first stringers in until the end of the third quarter. Tennessee needs this win to make playoffs, but I just think the Colts are too good, and to competitive to let the Titans just walk over them and into the playoffs. Also, by beating the Titans, it means the Colts have a better shot at maybe facing the Browns, which are the weaker team in some people's opinion.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 23 of 26

Jump to: