Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL 2007 Weekly Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, well that works out okay then!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Boogeyman

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry for being late but I just got internet hooked up today.

New Orleans at Indianapolis * (I would've picked Indy anyway but since they played....)
Philadelphia * at Green Bay (Philly)
Atlanta * at Minnesota (The Atlanta Falcons)
Miami * at Washington (Miami not that I care either way)
New England * at NY Jets (The Pats for sure, Jets just can't compete)
Tennessee at Jacksonville * (Jacksonville Jaguars)
Denver * at Buffalo (Denver Broncos as I will always choose)
Pittsburgh * at Cleveland (I'll go with the Steelers on this one)
Carolina at St. Louis * (St. Louis on this one, Carolina always seems to disappoint me)
Kansas City * at Houston (KC)
Tampa Bay at Seattle * (The Seahawks)
Chicago at San Diego * (I predict that the Chargers will win this one)
Detroit * at Oakland (Since you're forcing me to pick I will say Detroit but I really don't care)
NY Giants at Dallas * (Dallas is gonna win and hopefully score me 187997976 fantasy points)
Baltimore * at Cincinnati (The Ravens will take down the over hyped Bengals)
Arizona at San Francisco * (Gotta go with the 49ers)

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well...I didn't get to see most of the games because I had to work, and I haven't seen the Monday Night games, but I feel pretty confident in picking for week two. More confident than I did in some of my week one picks, anyway.

Here we go.

EDIT: By the way, there's a typo in your week two game lineup, Shad...it's San Diego at New England, not New Orleans. Could make a big difference for some people's picks.

Week 2

Atlanta at Jacksonville - Joey Harrington did not, in fact, marvel us with a sudden burst of skill today. If I wasn't so painfully aware that Michael Vick earned everything that's coming to him, I might feel bad for the Falcons. As it is, I don't. Anyway, Jacksonville's gonna clean some house.

Buffalo at Pittsburgh - Either Buffalo looked pretty good today or the Broncos played like crap (one of their greatest weaknesses is to play down to teams they think are inferior to them). I didn't get to see the game, so I'm not sure. Either way, if Big Ben keeps connecting touchdown passes, then it's going to be hard to stop Pittsburgh. Here's hoping that Kevin Everett is okay, incidentally.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - New Orleans got a lot of hype last year. They were running on a lot of momentum this year. I suspect both of those will be downplayed a lot this year - but I also think that Brees and his crew have some real talent, and that their game is pretty good. I think they're going to beat down Tampa Bay.

Green Bay at NY Giants - I may have to change this if it turns out that Eli Manning is hurt worse than it looks like he is, but he actually played extremely well against the Cowboys. The Giants apparently are minus a defense, but Romo was more than on fire, so that could be part of the problem as well. I think Favre's offense is strong, but could be unreliable and suffer from some bad turnovers if Favre throws a wild pass or two, and I think the Giants' offense is at least as dangerous. So the Giants get the home field win!

Houston at Carolina - Don't disappoint me Carolina. I'm serious this time. I was pretty surprised that Houston not only won today, but showed up in a big way. I think Kansas City has some serious problems though, and Carolina is a much more solid opponent.

San Francisco at St Louis - Guess it was a kind of underwhelming day for St. Louis? Well, I still think they've got what it takes to really be a contender this year. I'm curious about the 49ers, and I haven't gotten to see them yet, but I'm still pretty confident in this pick.

Indianapolis at Tennessee - Peyton Manning. A wide variety of powerful offensive weapons. A fast, tough defense, that has improved tremendously over the last couple of years. These are the things that make a Superbowl team.

Cincinnati at Cleveland - Well, I figured that Cleveland against Pittsburgh at home in week one was sort of a big deal for Cleveland, and that they might show up in a big and surprising way. Since that's apparently not the case, I can't say I see the same potential magic for this game. Barring some terrible catastrophe for the Bengals on Monday Night, I can't help but go for Cincinnati.

Seattle at Arizona - Looks like Alexander is running okay, and Hasselback is back on his game. That makes Seattle very dangerous. I don't know if I'll pick Arizona all year... which is going to cost me one of these days.

Dallas at Miami - I don't pick Dallas very often, but I just don't think Miami has what it will take to bring them down; not if Romo can keep up his good-Romo numbers, anyway. I know that he kind of petered out at the end of last season, but if that doesn't happen, the Cowboys are going to be a really tough team to beat.

Minnesota at Detroit - This was a pretty hard game to pick. Both teams put up a good performance today (from what I saw, which was very little). Detroit really seems to be looking to win some games this season, and they put up impressive numbers against Oakland. Kitna is fond of turnovers, which could really cost Detroit, but Minnesota isn't as solid as they eventually will be on either side of the ball yet. I think Detroit will take this one, but probably not the one in Minnesota down the road.

Oakland at Denver - If there's one team I don't think that Denver will play down to, it's the Oakland Raiders. For whatever reason, the hatred for the Raiders here in Denver is some kind of terrible blood eating frenzy. The embarrassment for this Broncos team if they lose on Sunday...oh...you can't imagine. Anyway, I think Denver is a solid team. I don't know if they're really playoff material this year or not, but I think they'll do well against Oakland (especially here in Denver).

Kansas City at Chicago - Even if I didn't pick Chicago to win every game, I would pick them to win this one.

NY Jets at Baltimore - Did Chad Pennington actually suffer a real injury today, or did he just fall on his ankle wrong? It looked kind of painful, but he was playing on it. Either way, the Jets have some problems, and I don't think there's any way they can put up enough points to win a game against the powerful Baltimore defense.

San Diego at New England - This is an insanely difficult game to pick for me. Both teams are extremely good...but it seems that Moss may prove to be a truly dangerous weapon for New England. Tomlinsin was largely shut down on the ground by the Bears defense, but that's the Bears defense. New England's defense is pretty damn good too, though, and it really does seem like San Diego is pretty two dimensional. In four quarters against the Bears, despite Tomlinsin's almost total inability to run the ball anywhere, he was both of their scores, one with a pass! I think Brady's offense is much more versatile, and will probably pull things out in New England. Guess we'll see!

Washington at Philadelphia - Ah Philadelphia...I hope they show up a bit more this week. I think Green Bay is a lot better than they have been though, and the Redskins still have some serious problems to work on. Philadelphia isn't great, there's no doubt about that in my mind, but I think they're at least dangerous.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since it looks like Manning might be out for next week, I'm going to go ahead and change my pick to Green Bay at New York Giants. As much as it pains me, as a Bears man, to pick Green Bay over almost anyone...

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 2

Jacksonville
Pittsburgh
New Orleans
Green Bay
Houston
San Francisco
Indianapolis
Cincinnati
Seattle
Dallas
Minnesota
Denver
Chicago
Baltimore
New England
Philadelphia

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
UCPesmerga

The Hidden Foxes

221997 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Houston at Carolina - Houston looks like a better team than they were last year, and aside from Steve Smith, I don't think Carolina is really that good. Plus, I'm hopeful that my Falcons can win the NFC South at 8-8. Talk about wishful thinking.

Green Bay at New York Giants - The Giants are without Manning and a few other starters. So both teams are slightly better than horrible. Favre has to have a few good games this season.

Buffalo at Pittsburgh - With Pittsburgh's stomping of Cleveland last week, we got to see what a healthy Rothlisberger can do to a bad team. Buffalo sure isn't good.

San Francisco at St. Louis - Despite a great running back in Jackson, and an above average Quarterback in Bulger, I think the 49ers will be playing above their level this season, especially if Smith plays like he did at the very end of last night's game.

Indianaplois at Tennessee - The Colts have either got to play Manning-less or play a team of their caliber to lose this season.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - The Saints will shake off last weeks performance and the tandem of Bush/Brees will roll over the hapless defense of the Bucs. My how that D has gone downhill.

Atlanta at Jacksonville - I don't like picking against the Falcons, but until Harrington can show me he can throw touchdowns to his own team, I won't pick them. Plus, I think Garrard will have a field day with the Falcons D.

Cinncinati at Cleveland - The Bengals will do pretty much the same thing Steelers did. Plus, the Browns will have someone else starting at QB with today's trade of Frye to the Seahawks (what are the Seahawks thinking...)

Seattle at Arizona - I think this game has the potential to be an upset. If the Cards can stop it with the turnovers, I think Leinert and their receiving corps can exploit the secondary of the Seahawks. However, I think it'll take a few games for Arizona to get to that point, so I've gotta pick Seattle.

Dallas at Miami - When was the last time Miami was really good? While I think this Dallas team is average, Miami doesn't have much that can take advantage of Dallas's weak defense (see last week's Giants game). Dallas' upside is an offence that can score quick, and against Miami's aging defense (very similar to Tampa Bay's D in this regard) I think Dallas will put up at least 4 TDs.

Minnesota at Detroit - Minnesota beat the Falcons with their D (or Harrington's arm, whatever). Detroit beat Oakland with offense. Both played bad teams, so I've got to give the edge to the Lions. Plus, the Lions have a nice receiving corps.

NY Jets at Baltimore - Jets looked good for moments on Sunday, just don't think they've got enough to get around a defense like Baltimore's. They've got a chance if they win the Turnover battle though, and if Pennington is 95%. He can keep their defense on the field for quite some time, and hopefully wear them down. (Basically, I think the Ravens will win, but the Jets being my "2nd" team, I want them to win).

Denver at Oakland - It's Oakland. They showed they can score last week, at least to some extent. How long until we see Russell in the starting QB spot?

Kansas City at Chicago - Chicago played a tough game against SD, and let it get out of hand at the end. This team doesn't do that two weeks in a row. Couple that with a KC team still looking for an identity on both sides of the ball, and I think the Bears win. Assuming Rex can keep the ball out of the KC defense's hands.

San Diego at New England - Toughest game of the bunch. I think the Patriots, with the addition of a true group of receivers, is a very very scary prospect. I don't think their defense is as good as it used to be, so I'd bet on a close one.

Washington at Philadelphia - Gotta pick the hometown team hear. Last week was an abberation, thanks to the Special Teams. McNabb is just getting back into the speed of the game. I don't think we'll see that kind of self destruction again from the Eagles.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bleh, tough week for me last week, and mainly due to my dark horse picks not coming through. That'll teach me to go with picks I don't really believe myself.

Atlanta at Jacksonville - Atlanta had no offense what so ever against the Vikings defense. Jacksonville isn't an easier matchup for them either, even though Jacksonville didn't exactly light up the scoreboard against a Tennessee team that I just don't see as being that good. Still, there's no doubt that when you peg your hopes on Joey Harrington, you've set yourself up for failure.

Buffalo at Pittsburgh - Will Buffalo be playing at a higher level for their fallen teammate, or will they still be down about it? In either case, I still see Pittsburgh rolling on them, especially if Big Ben can put up numbers like he did last week. I will say though, and you'll likely not hear me say this about Buffalo again, it would be nice to see them win this one. They need something good after what happened in Denver.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - Have the New Orleans Saints been exposed as frauds? This game will be a good way to tell. Tampa Bay has nothing. No offense, no defense, so if New Orleans can't win here, then we can figure that last year was a fluke, and maybe even a conspiracy (yes, I do so love my conspiracy theories). I do have a measure of respect for the abilities of Drew Brees, so I'm willing to believe that last week was just an off day for the offense, and as for the defense, well they've never been that good anyways.

Green Bay at NY Giants - Well, I'm gonna take a flier on this one, but seeing as the Giants lost both Brandon Jacobs AND Eli Manning, I'll give the nod to a veteran (read OLD) Green Bay team. I don't think much of Eli Manning's ability, but he was the starter, so it stands to reason that the coaches think his replacement is worse than he is. That says a lot to me. I'm still not sure how Green Bay pulled the win off over Philadelphia, but they might as well enjoy the gimmes for now. They're still a bad team.

Houston at Carolina - Houston did well to trounce that mass of wasted potential that is the Kansas City Chiefs. Delhomme though, showed me last week that he might be a better quarterback than I gave him credit for. Their running game is still very much suspect, as I don't think you can pin any hopes on DeShaun Foster. Still, Steve Smith has shown he's still one of the biggest threats at wide receiver in the league. Plus, their defense basically shut down Stephen Jackson, and that's an impressive feat.

San Francisco at St Louis - It pains me to say it, because the Patriots get San Francisco's top pick next year, but the 49ers could be pretty good this year. At least defensively. Offensively, they better pray that nothing happens to Gore, because I still stand by my assertation that Alex Smith is horrible. He didn't do anything to prove to me otherwise either. However, since they have a decent defense, and because St. Louis has lost Orlando Pace for the year, I think they'll exploit that and Marc Bulger won't have his usual rhythm since he'll be hearing footsteps all day. You can't lose a weak side tackle like that and expect it to be business as usual.

Indianapolis at Tennessee - I did it in the past with the Patriots, and I grudgingly have to do it now with the Colts. Until you're beaten after you've won a Super Bowl, I see no reason to pick against them. Unless they're still unbeaten when they go to Foxboro. But Tennessee isn't half the team the Patriots are, so they have no shot here. Game is already over, write it up as a Colts victory. If this happens to jinx them, great.

Cincinnati at Cleveland - The Brady Quinn era starts this week, and he'll be off to a rough start. Cleveland just isn't any good. Poor Romeo Crennel, he gets his head coaching job and it's with a pathetic bunch like this. Well, someone had to get em. This is the opposite of the Colts. When you're as bad as this team is, until you win one on the year, then I'll have to pick against them. Same goes for another sad sack bunch that I'll get to later.

Seattle at Arizona - It's later! Yup, the Cardinals are horrid. There's nothing good about them. Well, they have a servicable defense, but with Matt Leinart making the calls, they're sunk. Really, he has talent at wide receiver. They shouldn't be this bad, so the majority of the blame must reside with him. Sure, the offensive line is so bad that I fully expect to receive a call asking if I'd try out for the team, but he should be used to that by now. For the Seahawks, Shaun Alexander looks to be all over his injuries from last year, shook off the Madden Curse and is playing like he used to. Hopefully this is a good lesson learned for him. Go on Madden, your season is done. It's only a matter of time Vince Young! You hear me?

Dallas at Miami - I don't think Dallas has a very good defense, but Miami doesn't seem to have a very good offense, so it all balances out. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a fairly low scoring affair, since I'm expecting a bit of a letdown from Tony Romo (turn your hat around kid, you're embarrassing yourself). We'll see if Miami's defense steps up to the plate or not, since their offense can't seem to get it done.

Minnesota at Detroit - I wouldn't put too much stock into the Atlanta game. Atlanta did more to shoot themselves in the foot than Minnesota did to win. All Minnesota had to do on offense was just make sure they didn't mess up. Tarvarius Jackson isn't exactly who I'd want as my primary signal caller, but they're playing Detroit, and I never have much faith in them to do anything. They started off impressively enough, and putting up a lot of points against Oakland is no easy feat, but after so many years of mediocrity out of Detroit, I still can't bring myself to say they'll be competitive. If they win here, I might change my tune though.

Oakland at Denver - Oakland expects to have a shot here when they couldn't even beat Detroit? I don't think so. Denver is a tough place to play regardless, and while they're not as good as they've been in the past, I think Cutler is emerging as a decent quarterback, and they always seem to find a way to get good production out of their runningbacks, so all this should be enough to break through Oakland. The only question I have is when we're gonna see Mr. Overrated, Jamarcus Russell?

Kansas City at Chicago - Neither team apparently has an offense. They both combined for a mighty 6 points last week. But while Kansas City was struggling against that joke known as Houston, Chicago at least made a good showing defensively by really limiting LaDanian Tomlinson. If they can shut him down like that, they should be able to handle Larry Johnson a lot more easily, and Damon Huard is more of a threat to his own offense than to the opposing defense, so there's no worries there. They sent the wrong QB down to Miami.

NY Jets at Baltimore - The Jets proved they were doomed for mediocrity again last week, and if Pennington is out for this week then it can only spell a worse scenario for this team. Or will they resort to blaming signal stealing for a second week? Either way, Baltimore's defense, while not quite at the level the Patriots are at, will be enough to give fits to whoever is playing quarterback, and if the Jets haven't found a pass rush yet, whoever the Raven have will be able to take a nap, wake up, and heave a touchdown pass. Of course, if it's Boller back there, that might make things interesting since he's horrible too.

San Diego at New England - Moss was looking spectacular, especially for someone who had been out for a month. Brady was looking as sharp as ever. I realize the Jets aren't a good measuring stick, but all things are looking up for New England. The only part of their offense that needs some work is the running game, but we all know Maroney is capable of a better performance than that. And with a very potent passing game, and a running game you can't take your eyes off of, San Diego is going to be hard pressed to cover it all. The Patriot's offensive line looks solid, and if they give Brady time like he had this past week, there's no contest. The Patriots are likely to put their effort into shutting down LaDanian Tomlinson and daring Philip Rivers to beat them. Philip Rivers is a joke at best, so they can forget about having any success if LT can't break through. San Diego should be able to keep it from being a blowout, but this one is all Patriots.

Washington at Philadelphia - This one is going to be a close match, I just feel it. Both teams had very similar days last week, neither showing that they were terribly outstanding. When you can't make a decision based on the team, then you have to go with the locale. It's being played at Philadelphia, so the home team gets the nod here. While both teams are very similar to each other, that also means both are very unpredictable. Either could go off and have a big game, it's just a question of if and who.

~Uguu!~
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

all my picks are in green.

Week 2

Atlanta at Jacksonville
Buffalo at Pittsburgh
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Green Bay at NY Giants
Houston at Carolina
San Francisco at St Louis
Indianapolis at Tennessee
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Seattle at Arizona
Dallas at Miami
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Denver
Kansas City at Chicago
NY Jets at Baltimore
San Diego at New England
Washington at Philadelphia

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat

Last edited by Buff on Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll start up this week. My winners are bolded...

And Buff, I think you have one game too many. You have New Orleans playing twice. I noticed because I copied and pasted your games...I was too lazy to type them out myself.

Week 2

Atlanta at Jacksonville
Buffalo at Pittsburgh
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Green Bay at NY Giants
Houston at Carolina
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Seattle at Arizona
Dallas at Miami
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Denver
Kansas City at Chicago
NY Jets at Baltimore
San Diego at New England

Quote:
The Jets proved they were doomed for mediocrity again last week

They play 16 games for a reason. They made the playoffs last year, and they're a better team this year. I would like to see Mangini intervene a bit more on the defensive schemes. Sutton has called a lot of crappy games in his time at DC... The Jets also weren't the first team to complain about the Pats cheating.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff, you have San Diego facing New Orleans, which isn't true, They face New England. I don't know if that changes your pick it just might.

Sailor Sexy wrote:
They need something good after what happened in Denver.

It happened in Buffalo, but against Denver. Luckily. We have a damned good spinal unit here in Buffalo. My stepfather went though it years ago. The support here for the guy is crazy. The hopital has had to publicly ask people to stop sending stuff because they are totally out of room with all the flowers, cards and gifts for him. We really do have a huge support system around here for our players.

Week 2

Atlanta at Jacksonville - Atlanta looked bad Week 1. Jacksonville didn't look that much better. David Gerrard at QB is supposed to be a step up from Byron Leftwich, but I don't see it. Maybe because I actually liked Byron I'm biased. Oh well, I think overall Jacksonville is better than Atlanta.

Buffalo at Pittsburgh - Rough week 1 for Buffalo. Aside from the tragic injury to Everett, there was that matter of the last second kick by Jason Elam to get over. Its going to be tough to have that haunting you all week. Roethlisberger totally lit up a defense that couldn't handle a good passing game. Buffalo's woes are in stopping the pass so I see Big Ben having a great game again this week. Also, Pittsburgh's Defense is no shoddy squad. Denver did a damn good job last week and I think Pittsburgh's D is better than Denver's so its gonna be another sad dark weekend in Western New York.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - Wash that bad taste out of your mouth Drew, its ok. Indianapolis is the freaking reigning champs. Now you know the outcome hd you made the superbow last year, eh? You can get your numbers up this week against Tampa Bay. Use them as a jumping stone to greatness. They suck. Garcia is good, but aside from his arm, you've got nothing to worry about. Colston and Bush should have big games.

Green Bay at NY Giants - Oh my. Who'd have thunk week 1 could be so disastrous for a team. Losing Eli and possibly Brandon Jacobs for week 2 is terrible. On the plus side, Ward, Jacobs replacement did much better than anticipated. I'm sure owners of Ruben Droughns in Fantasy leagues were miffed at that choice. Favre's crew still won't have an easy game as Giants still have a solid defense, but without a proper QB in NY, Plax and Toomer will have bad weeks.

Houston at Carolina - Both had a good week 1. Carolina shut up all those Rams lovers, myself included, by destroying Marc Bulger and shutting down Stephen Jackson. Houston's Shaub is no Bulger. Ahman Green is good, but he;s not Jackson. Carolina's Defense will hold the fort while Delhomme shines again.

San Francisco at St Louis - I don't give up easily. I still think the Rams are the team to beat out West. San Francisco can prove me wrong and win this one. I'm fine with that, I like San Francisco. I just think the Rams are a better team overall. Jackson, Bulger and the receivers that Bulger has are all great. Not that Gore and Darrell Jackson are weak, I just think the Rams are better. Alex Smith does look promising though.

Indianapolis at Tennessee - No way I'm picking against the champions here. Manning looked beautiful this week. Wayne and Harrison were just as I expected and Addai tore it up. But all their effort didn't shine as brightly as that defense. Nobody saw that kind of performance coming. Tennessee has Michael Jordan Vince Young and all, but it will be a while before his Titans can stand up against the Colts.

Cincinnati at Cleveland - Cleveland ditched Frye to Seattle, making it even more certain that Brady Quinn will eventually see gameplay. Right now they have Anderson under center, but how long will they keep him there? Who cares, it doesn;t matter. Cincinnati will walk all over this weak team. Go Rudi!

Seattle at Arizona - The Seahawks are good, really they are. I don't know why they want to put Seneca Wallace at WR though, is Branch, Hackett and Burleson not good enough? I guess so. Anywho, Arizona showed some improvement but not enough to get over the Seattle Seahawks.

Dallas at Miami - Dallas, I hate the team, but you gotta respect them. Romo was on fire. If he's 2/3 as good this week, Miami won't be able to touch them. Miami's offense is rather lean and is easy pickings for the Dallas Defense. I'm expecting a good thwumping here.

Minnesota at Detroit - This is a far closer matchup that it has been in the past few years. Minnesota showed up it seems. Adrian Peterson decided he was going to break over 100 yeards in his first NFL game, Go you! The Vikings Defense was no squalor either, holding Atlanta to a meager 3 points. Also, a defensive TD was a nice bolster to their score. Now a real challenge. Detroit's offense showed that it is actually something worth watching. Now one could argue they only beat Oakland, but Oakland's defense is ranked FAR higher that its record last year and its abysmal offense. Detroit will fall short I think, but if I'm wrong, I won't be surprised at all.

Oakland at Denver - Why would I pick otherwise. Oakland sucks. Josh McCown is hurt now too. They better get JaMarcus ready ASAP, either that or Daunte Culpepper had better return to form. Either way, Denver is going to crack open Oakland for an easy win. Denver wins by at least 20.

Kansas City at Chicago - Da Bears. Da Defense. Da Win. KC has to be the team that suffered the worst offseason. They'll be lucky if they are better than Oakland this year, and its a shame because I rather like the team. Oh well, can't all be winners.

NY Jets at Baltimore - Let me start by getting this off my chest. God I hate the Jets. I abhor them with such fervor. Seeing Chad Pennington go down made me smile. Now if only Jerricho Cochery, Thomas Jones and Laveraeus Coles all fall in a hole or something, I'll be truly pleased. Baltimore's Defense will hold the stalling Jets offense while Rex somehow decides to have a game with maybe only 1 interception.

San Diego at New England - I'm not going to bet against Tom Brady. LT and gates are a great QB-receiver combo. But that play won't work every week. The Patriots defense should show a decent challenge. They may not be able to stop LT, but they can sure as hell slow him down some. I hope Moss gets like 5 TDs here, haha.

Washington at Philadelphia - Sorry Geddoe, I really think low of Washington. They had an upset in Week 1. They should have lst to Miami, but Miami shot themselves in the foot. This week, Philadelphia will get their special teams in order, and learn how to properly field a kick. McNabb and Westbrook will break down Washington like an ax through old cherry wood.

Because Shad is out, I'll just posts everyone's record. I'm not sure how the versus thing goes, so I'll leave that up to him

Week 1 Results:

1. Buff 13-3
2. Tullaryx 12-4
2. Zonder 12-4
4. Shad 11-5
4. Geddoe 11-5
6. Locke 11-5
7. RedCydranth 10-6
7. Fuji 10-6
9. Arevus 10-5-1
10. UCPesmerga 9-7
11. Parallax - 8-8
12. Boogeyman 8-7-1
12. Exile 8-7-1
14. Sailor Sexy 7-9

Sailor Sexy had a rough week. As for the guys who posted after Thursday, you don't get a credit for or against. But I feel that missing a game isn't the same as a tie, its like worse than a loss. Its not fair to sat its like a tie or else I'd only pick games I knew would be in my favor. If Shad wants to change this when he gets back, so be it. Also PM me if I made an error in your record for last week. It is bound to happen.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hooray 8-8. I knew I wasn't going to do well as soon as I started hearing the first set of scores come in. I knew I was going to burn myself picking against Dallas, but I hate the Cowboys...didn't expect some of the others though.

Anyway, I noted the problem with the New Orleans listed twice in my picks. Shad's list has the New England vs. San Diego game listed as New Orleans vs. San Diego. I would guess that's why so many people have the same issue with their posts. :P

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok i fixed my picks and yea week one winner. hopefully i can continue this.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 2 - Picks bolded in green.

Atlanta at Jacksonville
Buffalo at [color=greenPittsburgh[/color]
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Green Bay at NY Giants - A bad Brett Favre is better then a good Eli Manning, and they don't even have that.
Houston at Carolina
Indianapolis at Tennessee - Peyton Manning = Win.
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Seattle at Arizona
Dallas at Miami - I hate Dallas, but they're still my pick.
Minnesota at Detroit - Another lol for me.
Oakland at Denver
Kansas City at Chicago - Defense.
NY Jets at Baltimore
San Diego at New England - I think Tom Brady's offense will out do LT's offense.
Washington at Philadelphia - Always a tough match for the birds, I think the home crowd will energize the Eagles.

Sup?
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One week down and I'm still ahead of Exile. Things are looking good so far.

Atlanta at Jacksonville
Buffalo at Pittsburgh
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Green Bay at NY Giants
Houston at Carolina
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Seattle at Arizona
Dallas at Miami
Minnesota at Detroit - defencive speed!
Oakland at Denver
Kansas City at Chicago
NY Jets at Baltimore
San Diego at New England

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fukufuji, I'll get you yet!

Atlanta at Jacksonville
Buffalo at Pittsburgh
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Green Bay at NY Giants
Houston at Carolina
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Seattle at Arizona
Dallas at Miami
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Denver
Kansas City at Chicago
NY Jets at Baltimore
San Diego at New England

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: