Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL 2007 Weekly Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Count me in, please! ^_^

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New Orleans at Indianapolis - I have to go with the Colts with this match-up but only just. This was really a toss-up for me. I took a quarter and flipped in the air. Heads the Saints will win and tails the Colts will win. It landed tails thus my pick for this match-up.

Philadelphia at Green Bay - I never discount Brett Favre's gunslinger ways even at his advancing age, but until they can consistently establish a running game then I see Favre to be constantly harassed by the Eagles D and Jim Johnson's many blitz packages. I also don't think the Packers D will have enough to shut down McNabb and Wesbrook.

Atlanta at Minnesota - I'm one of those who think the whole Michael Vick debacle will actually help the Falcons in the long-run. The Falcons will play with a huge chip on their shoulder, but week 1 will not be the week when they will win their first game in the Post-Vick era. While the Vikings QB situation is still iffy for me I think their running game and defense is good enough to put up points on the Falcons and keep the Falcons off the board.

Miami at Washington - another week 1 match-up where I tossed a coinin the air to determine who shall win. Unlike the Saints and Colts match-up this one is between two teams who have no clue which direction to go. Both have defenses with enough playermakers to keep the other team's offense from having an advantage. On the offense-side of the ball I think the Redskins' running game is slightly better than Miami's. The two-back combo of Portis and Betts might be enough to give the Skins a win in week 1.

New England at NY Jets - Whatever mojo Mangini and Jets had last year is just that...last year. I can see a major sophomore slump for Mangini. An ailing Thomas Jones is not good news for the Jets, but having Leon Washington as his back-up should help stem the panic in Jets-town. In the end, the Pats will be playing this game like it was the AFC Championship game. Belichik will have something to show his former-protege and show Mangini he still has a long way to go to get to Belichik level.

Tennessee at Jacksonville - Jaguars should run away with this game..literally. I don't think there's a better runningback duo in the league than the Jags' Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew. The Jags defense should be enough to minimize Vince Young. This game may just show whether the Madden Curse has struck again. With no receiver of note to throw to Young will become one-dimensional and truly resemble Vick in that he'll end up trying to run when passing should be his main option.

Denver at Buffalo - Denver just have too much weapons for Buffalo to overcome on both sides of the ball. I don't see Cutler as the second coming of Peyton but he should have a good enough game to keep Buffalo from getting into a rhythm on offense.

Pittsburgh at Cleveland - Just like Buffalo the Browns still a year away from truly becoming a team people will stop taking lightly. I see Roethlisberger being much better this year than he was last year and with an offense that's going to be opened up some he should be able to put up some good numbers.

Carolina at St. Louis - Carolina hasn't shown me anything during the preseason to tell me that they deserve to be back on the upper echelon of NFL teams. Delhomme looks like his best days are behind him and David Carr as back-up won't engender much confidence on an offense with only one true weapon in Steve Smith.

Kansas City at Houston - this will be my dark horse pick of the week. Larry Johnson has ended his hold-out but from all reports it seems he wasn't really working out during his hold-out and has come back to the team out-of-shape and some say overweight. With Will Shields retiring and an O-line that's regressed during the off-season the Chiefs is ripe to be upset by a Texans team that everyone is discounting. Schaub will not just be throwing to Andre Johnson but also to a steal of a draft pick in Jacoby Jones.

Tampa Bay at Seattle - I pick Seattle not because I think they have more talent on both sides of the ball but more of the Bucs questions on offense still left unanswered after preseason. If Garcia starts off hot and gets into a rhythm then Bucs can easily win this game but I don't see it happening in Week 1.

Chicago at San Diego - two teams at the top of their game but San Diego will win this just because they'll be able play well not just on the offensive side of the ball but their defense will be disruptive enough to make Rex Grossman look like the overrated QB that he has always been. I don't see LT having a monster game but he'll have a good enough game to keep the Bears defense honest.

Detroit at Oakland - this is a no-brainer. The Raiders defense is actually pretty good, but if they're constantly trotting back out onto the field as the Raiders offense goes 3 and out then fatigue will quickly set in and one thing Martz is good at is letting the offense loose all game long to wear out a team.

NY Giants at Dallas - I don't like Dallas even when they didn't have T.O., but Giants and, especially, Eli Manning will not be able to stop Romo and that offense. The Dallas defense will be good enough to frustrate Eli and give more creedance to Tiki's comment that Eli is soft, soft, soft like a Pillsbury Doughboy.

Baltimore at Cincinnati - I see this as defense beating out offense. Rex Ryan as the Ravens D-coordinator has ctually brought the Ravens back to their dominating form. Even with Adalius Thomas bolting for the Pats, his replacement in Bart Scott should keep the Raven D-machine chugging along on all cylinders. I expect the Ravens do to be very physical and intimidate the Bengals receivers enough to lose focus.

Arizona at San Francisco - I will have to pull out the loyalty card and pick the Niners in this match-up. Gore should be back and very fresh for this game. Arizona's offense has improved, but I'm still not sold on their O-line in giving Edgerrin the holes he need and Leinart the time to throw the ball. If Alex Smith keeps the mistakes down and the Niners D can bend but not break then they'll pull off the win.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I may politely disagree with Red for a moment - he picked the NO / Indy game as possibly the matchup of the week, and I must respectfully disagree - how much of a matchup can it be when it's very possible that the two teams will engage in a offensive shootout? I would like to think that Chicago / San Diego would be the more compelling matchup - you have an irresistible offensive force [Phillip Rivers, LaDainian Tomlinson] versus quite possibly an immovable object [Chicago's D]. Don't misunderstand, I like a high-scoring affair as much as the next person may, but me myself, a game where it's a very good offense v. a very good defense is always more compelling than just your garden variety shootout.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Redskins Homer wrote:

New Orleans at Indianapolis I don't doubt that at some point, the Saints could take on the Colts and win it, but I don't think that time is right this very second. They don't have enough seasonin' on them yet.

Philadelphia at Green Bay I chug major amounts of Eagle haterade, but the clock is ticking on the Eagles and if they're going to make any more runs at it, it may as well be now.

Atlanta at Minnesota - I like ATL because they didn't look too bad in the preseason with Joey Harrington. Then again, it bears noting that the preseason doesn't always predict regular season success, but I have to go out on a limb with at least one of my picks, right?

Miami at Washington Go Redskins, dammit. I'm just going to out and out homer that one.

New England at NY Jets I don't see how the Jets will be able to stop them, honestly.

Tennessee at Jacksonville Fred Taylor is going after a 1500 yard year - he's 486 or so yards shy of 10K for his career, and I'm not sure if Tennessee can stop the run.

Denver at Buffalo Generally, I don't like the Bills but I do like the improvement that I have seen in JP Losman.

Pittsburgh at Cleveland Because Cleveland is still Cleveland.

Carolina at St. Louis I have more faith in Carolina's D than I do in the Rams' offense.

Kansas City at Houston Houston is still Houston - you could put Joe Montana in as their QB and it won't make a damn bit of difference if you con't have the OL to protect him.

Tampa Bay at Seattle See previous.

Chicago at San Diego SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT! I'm not sold on Grossman this year, although to be honest with you, if I watch this game I'm pretty much guaranteed to get one good Devin Hester highlight out of it.

Detroit at Oakland As just now said to Sai, it's too early to fight over the first pick in next year's draft. But Kitna made his guarantee, so here's one of his wins. Enjoy.

NY Giants at Dallas Eli Manning has a lot to prove. That, and who are the Giants' D going to stop? Nobody.

Baltimore at Cincinnati If for no other reason to see how Ocho Cinco celebrates his first TD of the year. That, and it was hard for me to pick this game because it has fantasy league implications.

Arizona at San Francisco Not that I doubt Matt Leinart's, Larry Fitzgerald's, or Anqwan Boldin's abilities. But SF's D has a better chance of stopping them than Arizona's D has a chance of stopping Frank Gore.

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a bit of an update while I'm still around, I'll go ahead and update the roster to include Zonder and Geddoe. Note that being in the lineup here in no way obligates you to participate. I recognize Zonder didn't definitively say he would join yet. This is just here as a starting point. I expect at least three or four people will drift off pretty early on - that tends to be the trend in these sorts of things. The lineup with be adjusted appropriately as the season goes on. So anyway, the current match ups are now:

Week 1:
Shad vs Locke
Parallax vs Exile
RedCydranth vs Buff
fuji vs Tullaryx
Boogeyman vs Sailor Sexy
Zonder vs Geddoe
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week one
New Orleans
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Miami
New England
Tennessee
Denver
Pittsburgh
St. Louis
Houston
Seattle
San Diego
Detroit
Dallas
Cincinnati
San Francisco

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, man...I think I'm going to be the only person to pick Chicago in week 1!

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my picks on who will win are in red.

Week 1
New Orleans at Indianapolis
Philadelphia at Green Bay
Atlanta at Minnesota
Miami at Washington
New England at NY Jets
Tennessee at Jacksonville
Denver at Buffalo
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Carolina at St. Louis
Kansas City at Houston
Tampa Bay at Seattle
Chicago at San Diego
Detroit at Oakland
NY Giants at Dallas
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Arizona at San Francisco

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, looks like I made it back in time to make my picks for the week. I'm not sure what this head to head thing is all about, but I just gotta get my picks right all the time and it won't matter, right?

New Orleans at Indianapolis - New Orleans smacks too much of a fluke to really think that they're accomplished enough to take out the Colts. As much as I want to see Peyton Manning and company flounder and fall flat on their faces, I certainly don't see it happening against New Orleans.

Philadelphia at Green Bay - You know what would make for a great year? If Bret Favre flopped his way to an 0-16 record. I don't really see that happening, since he has the gift of playing Detroit twice, but he's washed up anyways and should never have come back. If they're smart, he'll be replaced by mid-season.

Atlanta at Minnesota - I don't want to pick the Vikings, but when you have Joey Harrington at the helm, you're asking to lose. How this guy keeps getting a job is beyond me.

Miami at Washington - Could this be Miami's year to make a run at the AFC East crown? No, setting aside the fact that I'm a fan of the Pats, I still say New England should take that no problem. However, I think they're a little bit improved on offense, and their defense has always been pretty solid. Washington still strikes me as an overpaid and underachieving team.

New England at NY Jets - Oh, there should be little doubt here. New England is set up to make another serious push for the Super Bowl, and the Jets are still the mediocre bunch they've been for years. Obviously you can't just sleep your way through the game, but as long as the Patriots aren't starting their second string, they should have no problems taking out these pretenders.

Tennessee at Jacksonville - I'm not totally sold on Tennessee and Vince Young just yet. First off, he hasn't played a whole season. Second, he now has the Madden Curse working on him. Jacksonville has a pretty veteran team with some standouts on defense, so I think they'll give Young a lot of trouble in the season opener.

Denver at Buffalo - The Jets may be a mediocre bunch of pretenders, but Buffalo is the joke of the AFC East. JP Losman is no one to rest your hopes on. I have a bit of an aversion to Denver, but just because I don't like em doesn't mean I don't think they can't beat a team like Buffalo.

Pittsburgh at Cleveland - Now this is the team you want to start your season off against. Of course, it's a bit of a double edged sword. Win, and it's expected, but it's always nice to start the season off with a win. However, lose, and you're in for a long season. If you can't beat Cleveland, you're in some sorry shape.

Carolina at St. Louis - Carolina has Steve Smith, and no running game. St. Louis has potent weapons at receiver and at running back, so they have a much more balanced offense. Carolina has a better defense, but when the offense keeps going 4 and out, they'll wear down by the 4th quarter.

Kansas City at Houston - Houston is still going to be as bad as usual. This won't really be a good measurement to see if Kansas City has improved on defense at all.

Tampa Bay at Seattle - Tampa Bay has pretty much fallen into obscurity since winning the Super Bowl all those years back. They're not really a terrible team, and without Chris Simms around, I can't generate the hate towards them that I used to. But, until they show me that they have the desire to play again, I'll have to go against them.

Chicago at San Diego - Wishful thinking probably, but the more I read about the San Diego team, the more I want them to fall flat. They don't deserve any success, and if it takes LT going out with an ACL tear, so be it. I'll not wish that on the guy, but the whole success of the offense rests with him. Philip Rivers cannot win games, and so if it comes down to him, they're doomed.

Detroit at Oakland - Wow, they're starting the year off with a Toilet Bowl matchup. Really, even if Detroit wins this game, is there going to be anyone watching it to prove that it happened? Oakland at least has a respectable defense, so they have more of an advantage than Detroit could ever hope for.

NY Giants at Dallas - Boy, talk about another matchup of teams where I'd like to see both lose. From a personal and personnel standpoint, I don't like either team. But, looking at what each team has in their arsenal, I'd say that Dallas has the better draw here.

Baltimore at Cincinnati - This is a classic case of offensive power going up against defensive power. Baltimore must shut Cincinnati down, because they're not so hot at scoring points offensively. Still, I think right now, they're up to the task, even though they're a much weakened version of their previous glory.

Arizona at San Francisco - This is more wishful thinking. If I were betting money, I'd pick San Francisco. However, since I want them to lose due to the Patriots getting their first pick in the draft next year, I have to side with Arizona on this one. From an objective standpoint, I don't think much of Alex Smith at quarterback, and I'm not sold on Frank Gore yet. If he has another good year this year, then perhaps I'll be willing to accept that he's the real deal. For now, I'll see if Leinart has removed his head from his ass and can run a good offense.

~Uguu!~
UCPesmerga

The Hidden Foxes

221997 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 1
Atlanta at Minnesota
--> Falcons fan, through and through. I liked what they showed me this preseason.
Miami at Washington
New England at NY Jets
--> I always make this pick when these two teams play. Regardless of record.
Denver at Buffalo
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Carolina at St. Louis
Kansas City at Houston
Tampa Bay at Seattle
Chicago at San Diego
Detroit at Oakland
--> Is this technically an upset pick?
NY Giants at Dallas
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Arizona at San Francisco
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being week 1, it is hard to pick teams with any certaintly. Most of my reasons have more to do with gut feeling than anything.

Week 1

New Orleans at Indianapolis -- A risky pick, but Indianapolis took one of the worst defenses in recent memory, and then lost several key players, including both their cornerbacks. It will be a shootout, that's for sure.

Philadelphia at Green Bay -- Philadelphia is a good team, as much as I hate to admit it. Green Bay, on the other hand, is mediocre.

Atlanta at Minnesota -- With that run defense, Atlanta will have to pass. And I don't know if they'll be able to.

Miami at Washington -- Washington is better than they played last year, as much as I hate to admit it.

New England at NY Jets -- I think this will be a closer game that many give the Jets credit for. But ultimately, its hard to argue with the Patriots success in the offseason--which really is one of the few things we have to go on right now.

Tennessee at Jacksonville --Tennessee is a much better team than they were, but they aren't as good as Jacksonville.

Denver at Buffalo -- Denver is always good.

Pittsburgh at Cleveland -- Cleveland just isn't there yet.

Carolina at St. Louis -- Carolina is a good football team who had bad luck with injuries and such last year. They will be very good this year.

Kansas City at Houston -- I think Kansas City will storm out of the gate against Houston, but will quickly lose steam in later games.

Tampa Bay at Seattle -- Seattle doesn't really lose home football games easily. Also, Tampa Bay isn't very good.

Chicago at San Diego -- The Chargers will beat a Chicago football team that I just don't have much faith in.

Detroit at Oakland -- Oakland can only improve. With that defense, even a below average offensive effort should be enough to put them over the top against Detroit.

NY Giants at Dallas -- If Terrance Newman plays, Dallas has a great shot in this one. If he doesn't...well, than this is nothing more than a homer pick.

Baltimore at Cincinnati -- Cincinnati is probably the better team, but I mostly picked them because they are at home.

Arizona at San Francisco -- Arizona has a new coaching staff and their offensive line has yet to prove that it can effectively block.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 1
Atlanta at Minnesota
Miami at Washington
New England at NY Jets
Tennessee at Jacksonville - TEN always beats JAX
Denver at Buffalo
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Carolina at St. Louis
Kansas City at Houston
Tampa Bay at Seattle
Chicago at San Diego - SB losers always lose (ats) week 1
Detroit at Oakland
NY Giants at Dallas
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Arizona at San Francisco

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it too late to join?

Sup?
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We're going to go with Green, because Eagles are my team!
Week 1
Philadelphia at Green Bay - Brett Favre, while still talented, is -old-. McNabb is going to come off fresh, and put Favre to shame.
Atlanta at Minnesota
Miami at Washington
New England at NY Jets - My relatives are avid Pat's fans, and they always say they're scared when they play the Jet's, but I'll put my faith in Tom Brady for this game.
Tennessee at Jacksonville - Looking for Young to make some magic happen.
Denver at Buffalo
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Carolina at St. Louis
Kansas City at Houston
Tampa Bay at Seattle
Chicago at San Diego - Going with the saying "A good defense is the best offense"..or whatever it is.
Detroit at Oakland - Lol.
NY Giants at Dallas - Giant's lost Tiki, and they're playing at Dallas.
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Arizona at San Francisco
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did anyone play yet? I think they probably have and I was too drunk to post last night unfortunately as I'd intended to, I really haven't looked at a result if they have played but just count what you feel like Shad.

Week 1
Atlanta at Minnesota
Miami at Washington
New England at NY Jets
Denver at Buffalo
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Carolina at St. Louis
Kansas City at Houston
Tampa Bay at Seattle
Chicago at San Diego
Detroit at Oakland
NY Giants at Dallas
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Arizona at San Francisco

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, they played the first game last night, but seeing as Indianapolis won, it doesn't matter much anyways, so the rest of the ones are still good to go for Sunday.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: