Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Game sequels you'd like to see
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love to see a new Chrono game. Although Cross sucked somewhat, it would still be nice to have another game in the series. I would also like another Star Ocean game, the last time one came out, that was Till the End of Time back in 2004? And definitely, someone has to make a sequel to Legend of the Dragoon. I loved that game so much, I forgot how many times I played it. I still remember the commercials that they aired to promote the game!

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure why some people didn't like Chrono Cross. I thought it was a great game (though I prefer Trigger's time travel to Cross' alternate dimensions). I can only guess it might have been the complicated story that turned some people off.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shadow Madness 2
Jade Cocoon 3
The legend of Dragoon 2
Breath of Fire 6
Star Ocean 4
Dino Crisis 4
Parasite Eve 3
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I can only guess it might have been the complicated story that turned some people off.

Actually I think the fighting system was a bigger problem. And the fact that the characters weren't as good maybe. These are the problems I had with Cross. But it's still better than most crap out today.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

more ecco the dolphin!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game that i want to see have a sequel the most is the game "Kya Dark Lineage" its such a great game that didn't get much attention, and the worst part is that the ending to kya dark lineage was a cliffhanger! i would love it if the creators made a sequel, i would probabally even pay 300 dollars to buy a sequel to it!

some other games that need sequels are

Beyond good and evil
Malice ( i feel if they made a sequel and fixed things up they could make a really good game)
The chrono trigger/cross series.
the sly cooper series
a sequel to la pucelle tactics
i also hope they make a sequel for odin sphere, soul nomad and the world eaters and grim grimoire

that is all i can think of right now.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As you might expect from my championing spirit of Gaien's current theme month, I'd love to see a proper sequel to Star Control. One which returns to and enhances the near-perfection which was reached with Star Control 2 in 1992. There just isn't anything like it in this day and age, and that makes me sad.

Talking about proper follow-ups, how about another Master of Orion, Freespace, or Homeworld? It's amazing how many historic, celebrated cult classics no longer exist in this age of endless remakes and sequels.

Last edited by Delsaber on Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definately Master of Orion! I loved that game.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if I already postet here but I do it again.

I really like to see a sequel of SaGa Frontier. I never played SF1, but I played SF2 and it was an awesome game. While Unlimited SaGa was a crappy game, I heard Romancing SaGa was also just a mediocre game.
Yesterday I saw a new Turok trailer, so I thought " man I wanna see Dino Crisis 4". I played DC 1 and 2 and liked them very much. Never played DC 3, though I heard it's not really good. I also would like to see sequels of Jade Cocoon, Shining Soul, Golden Sun, Breath of Fire ( a decent one!!!) and a new Lufia would be awesome ( but please no shit as Ruins of Lore)

Dammit!! I almost forgot! I want a Shadow Hearts 3!!!!
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was a Shadow Hearts 3... It just wasn't as good as the others, it's called Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Oh and to stay on topic, i would like to see another Dark Cloud game, that would be pretty cool.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:
There was a Shadow Hearts 3... It just wasn't as good as the others, it's called Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Oh and to stay on topic, i would like to see another Dark Cloud game, that would be pretty cool.

No it's not really Shadow Hearts 3. From the new world is a mere spinoff, and that's also the reason why it's so bad compared to the two prequels.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just because it doesn't follow the storyline of the previous games doesn't mean it's a spin off. I haven't played From the New World but I have heard a lot of mixed opinions about it. In any case, I second the call for another Shadow Hearts game! Although I realize there will never be another storyline that will be quite as amazing as the one in Covenant.

Another Chrono game would be much appreciated. I almost cried when I found out that Chrono Break was but a lost glimmer of hope. ;_;

Ditto for Golden Sun for the DS. It is not nice to play with the emotions of a starved video game fan. We can be quite vicious if provoked. :x

I would also like to see another game in the Clock Tower series, but please, don't give me none of this spiritual mumbo jumbo. I want Scissorman and I want him NOW!

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like an actual real sequel to the Lunar series myself. Eternal Blue left a huge opening for a story continuation, on either the characters of Blue (Especially Hiro and Lucia, Leo as well)

Another Lufia game would make my lifetime I think too. With the same insanely hard puzzles, and great story.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, Lunar would be getting a revival by now if you punks had gone out and bought Dragon Song like you were supposed to! It wasn't even that bad of a game.

I'd like to see a sequel to Contact. A lot of people never played it, so let me paint a picture for you-- the charm and humor of Earthbound, the battle system of Final Fantasy XII (and several MMORPGs), and the leveling system of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. If something like that doesn't deserve a sequel, I don't know what does.

Oh, I know-- Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. I'm almost afraid to ask for a sequel since perfection usually isn't achievable twice, but. Goddammit, it's worth a shot!
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko wrote:
Just because it doesn't follow the storyline of the previous games doesn't mean it's a spin off. I haven't played From the New World but I have heard a lot of mixed opinions about it. In any case, I second the call for another Shadow Hearts game! Although I realize there will never be another storyline that will be quite as amazing as the one in Covenant.

That'S why I said it's more like a mere spinoff. For me personally it's not a simply spinoof too. But it's not part 3 of the series you know? ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: