Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Game sequels you'd like to see
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A new real Phantasy Star would be cool! I would also like to see a new Chrono, though hopefully one as good or near as good as the first.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
Parasite Eve screams for a sequel. It's only fair since Aya Brea was THE hottest female lead in the PS.

There already is a Parasite Eve 2, though they changed the gameplay and it was pretty meh.

Sequels I want are Suikoden 6, Valkyrie Profile: Hrist, KOTOR3 and a new Breath of Fire that returns to the game's roots like the first 4 games. Actually the other game that I really REALLY want a sequel to is Final Fantasy Tactics. FFTA was pretty good, but the big thing it was lacking was the story - what I loved about FFT was the story and the intrigue and (like Suikoden) the feeling of being in the middle of a war.

I'm psyched that they're re-releasing FFT with new content on PSP, in fact I'm getting a PSP soon for that game and VP:L + SotN.

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aside from the predictable Suikoden sequel, I would really like to see another console sequel to the Lufia/Estpolis RPG series, preferably with a graphical style reminiscent of the SNES games. (Yes, I like the old school 2D graphics) Since Lufia II was a prequel and pretty much ended where the original Lufia began, it would be interesting to see a real sequel to the story. (I've never played the handheld games and I've heard they got bad reviews)

Another Chrono game would be welcome, as others have mentioned, but I certainly do appear to be in the minority as I've always preferred Chrono Cross over Chrono Trigger. The fact that it wasn't a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger never bothered me, considering I enjoyed the game and that's the only thing I really care about when it comes to the games I play.

On the inverse of the topic of this thread, I'm hoping we won't see a sequel to Final Fantasy X-2. I wouldn't be surprised if we do, though, as Square-Enix is milking the Final Fantasy name to death now. I have a feeling FF12 will be the final Final Fantasy I invest in.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gregory House wrote:
Another Chrono game would be welcome, as others have mentioned, but I certainly do appear to be in the minority as I've always preferred Chrono Cross over Chrono Trigger. The fact that it wasn't a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger never bothered me, considering I enjoyed the game and that's the only thing I really care about when it comes to the games I play.

I'm not sure if I can really place Chrono Cross ahead of Chrono Trigger, but I certainly don't turn my nose up at it. Besides which, it wasn't really a direct sequel, although the Playstation version of Chrono Trigger does have a scene in the ending FMV that does link the two games. Still, I enjoyed Chrono Cross immensely, and I also agree that another Chrono game would be more than welcome. If only Squeenix can stop milking the Final Fantasy franchise long enough to make a quality game in this series...

~Uguu!~
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I second a true Final Fantasy Tactics sequel, that game was more than worthy of a true sequel. There is so much capacity for plot afterwards too. With all the whoring of sequels that Square has seemingly decided to do, maybe putting a sequel to a game that was actually open to one would be a wise choice.

Another game that I think was thought about heavily for a sequel but never was made was Skies of Arcadia. It wouldn't have to be a direct sequel, but maybe something different done with the world they were in, or take a page from Final Fantasy and just make the game fresh but with a new world and story. Just keep the premise of a sky based world. I loved the game, its system and everything about it. Sequel worthy indeed.

Another game that really needed a sequel but never got one was River City Ransom on the ol' NES. That game was very simple, yet highly entertaining. It was like Streets of Rage but with stat progression and it seemed much more fun. Reading books to get different fighting techniques, gaining money to buy food which upped stamina and stats. It was a very fun and unique game that is easily sequel-able.

As for games that already have a franchise that could use a new installment, I'll toss out Breath of Fire. Dragon Quarter is take or leave. Some like it but most hated it. I think one that touches back to its older roots with 1-4 and more than 4 recruitable characters and a light but in depth story would still draw in much revenue.

Another NES game that was really awesome and sequel worthy was Crystalis. It was basically a Zelda clone, however its story was fairly different and had a much better system at the time. Also it was far more an RPG than the original Zelda was, as it had experience and far more items. It was a revolutionary game for its time. It fell through the cracks for some reason, but all who played it loved it.

Another NES game that, with the innovative features of the Wii, could easily get a sequel is the old classic, Kid Icarus. Pit's adventure through the odd lands of eggplant men and various crazy opponents was epic and a well loved classic on the NES. The side-scrolling platform genre has died, but from its ashes has ressurected a 3-D platformer genre that has such greats that include Sonic, Mario, Zelda and Metroid series. I can easily see a new Kid Icarus come out and be very well taken in. The Wii's innovative controller design could allow for the bow and arrow to go far beyond what it could before.

Finally, I think the time has come for another installment to the Star Tropics series. The original was another Zelda clone, but different enough to warrant a sequel. Zoda's Revenge was still a decent game. For some reason this franchise never made the leap out of 8-bit. However, I loved the games and would whole heartedly enjoy a sequel.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definitely enjoy it if Nintendo decided to make a sequel to the classic NES game of Kid Icarus. I still bring out the old NES once in awhile to play that game. If they're able to make a sequel to Ghouls n' Ghost I am sure they can make one for Pit and company.

Last edited by Tullaryx on Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, you bring up another great title there Red, and that's Skies of Arcadia. It's hard to say how well a sequel to that would go. I really can't see a direct sequel, but I'm sure they could work out a Final Fantasy type, where it's not a connected sequel, except unlike Final Fantasy...well, I won't get into that. Let's just say that lately I haven't been a fan and I'll drop it at that.

Anyways, I'd love to be able to fly around the world of Skies of Arcadia even if it is with a different cast of characters. The fun of trying to get all the explorations, the battle system, upgrading your ship, all that was a major draw for me. I can't even remember who it was who made the game, nor do I know if they're even still in business, but that's one to dream about for sure.

~Uguu!~
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sega made Skies of Arcadia...or to be more specific Overworks made the GCN remake at least (I don't know about the original version)

Anyhow...another game I'd like to see a sequel of personally is a Jade Cocoon 3 or something of the like...I never was able to play the first one but I rather really liked how the second one worked. In fact I've replayed it so many times I've lost count.
I guess it does seem a bit unattractive though for this generation of gamers though =(

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are a few I'd like to see:

1) A Lunar sequel :cry:. This one is on the top of my list because I know that I'll never see a direct sequel to Lunar: Eternal Blue of that same quality (I think I sort of heard that there was a Lunar 3, but it failed miserably in terms of quality). I still think of Lunar as one of the best RPG series I ever played on the PS.

2) A sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics. The ending of the game sorts of make it possible to expand on the story, as it is rather open-ended, seeing that Ramza is still alive at the end. Perhaps it's just because I love this gem to pieces, but a direct sequel would be nice. (One wonders what kind of plot would there be though)

3) A sequel to either of the Chrono games, but preferably Chrono Trigger. [spoiler] If you recall, you can see Guardia being destroyed in one of the endings (It's called Life Skips a Beat) and we know that in Chrono Cross as well.[/spoiler] We don't know what happened to the main characters of Chrono Trigger (Safe for Lucca, who ran an orphanage) so that would be nice to explore.
I'd also like a sequel that is not directly linked to either of the games. I too happened to hear about Chrono Break and I'm peeved that nothing came out of it.

4) Not really a sequel but a prequel: Phantom Brave. I'd like to know how was the world like before the setting of Phantom Brave, and I'm very curious to find out how and why did Ash join forces with Haze and Jasmine.

5) A sequel to Star Ocean. What can I say? I like that game a lot and I'd like to see a sequel to the series. Shouldn't be too hard, seeing that none of the series have much of a continuation.

And just for obligatory purposes: A sequel to Suikoden, dammit!

Last edited by Luceit on Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'd like to see a Star Ocean sequel, even though I didn't finish the last one. It was enjoyable, but I died off due to reduncy. Next time I need to avoid the item creation!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenogears episode vi. Never going to happen. :(

Xenosaga episode iv. Most likely a done series.

Lunar 4.

Chrono Break. I want it, dammit! >:(

That's about it I think. Sukoden, FFVII, KH and MGS are the only others I want and they are still going strong.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another game I think should be given another chance at life either as a nextgen remake or a proper sequel would be the PS1 rpg thousand Arms. This game is one of the few games to make it to the United States from Japan which incorporated a dating sim as part of the game's gameplay. The player had to raise the intimacy level of a specific woman in each town on the map to the point that they would help him forge a better sword.

The game wasn't too risque but there's some flirty and innocent innuendos thrown in. The only thing that made the game a pain was the fact that it was difficult to know if all the gift-giving, flirting and attempts to make the woman like the player has actually worked. I wouldn't mind the developers taking what they wanted to do with Thousand Arms and retooling it with a better idea of how things unfold and work.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A FF Tactics sequel doesn't -necessarily- have to be in the same country (Ivalice) or even the same world. So long as they keep the strong political storyline I'll be happy, though ultimately they SHOULD follow the Suikoden path, and expand the borders of the lands we saw and have the next one based in neighbouring nation(s), which also opens up the ol' Suiko tradition of 'recruit characters from the previous game'. FF Tactics isn't shy with this since they had Cloud in the game already.

I'm just hankering for another job class system FF like that - I mean its one of the foundations of FF that they've only recently started cottoning back onto ever since FFX-2. Course its been pretty hard for them to have a LOT of classes in traditional FFs since you have only a few characters to play with - which is why they get sort of 'assigned' classes at least for a start (ala FFX) or created classless and just having 'abilities' (ala FF7/8).

As it is currently I'm playing Disgaea 2 to get my fill of a class-based war system... course this game takes the Strategy out of SRPGs and its all just about powering characters up to ridiculous levels.

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

None of the things I really want to see are 'sequels' to games that are out, but more or less the next installments of a series of games that may or may not be related to past games. These include;

A new Dark Cloud game - The first one was my first game for the PS2 and I enjoyed it; it wasn't the best game for the system by any means, but it was also a first-generation title, and it still managed to do many things right; a good story, great music, decent use of the georama and varied playable characters. The second game, though, was excellent; in my top 5 PS2 games. Both the new look (cel-shading), new uses for the system and a more focused story made it a very enjoyable experience for me. I've heard of a third one in the works forever now, but have yet to see anything. I'd buy it.

Chrono ??? - I don't care; both Cross and Trigger were excellent, in my top 10 of all time (for very different reasons but still). They could do a whole game on how Guile is really Magus (as was supposed to happen but was impossible to execute) and I wouldn't care, but what I'd really like to see would be some sort of prequel or a followup to Chrono Cross. You could do either the birth and rise of Lavos or the adventures of Schala, both great springboards for a new game.

I like Cross better, but by the narrowest of possible margins.

New LUNAR game - And not some crappy puzzle game or WTF ever that DS debacle was. I'm talking a fully sprite-based 360 (ported to PS3 and Wii because they can handle the sprites) with a story on scale with both of its true predecessors (SSSC and EBC), the brilliant fully orchestrated score and anime cutscenes and the wickid, wickid characters (easily the strongest points of both games, which both had a lot of strong points). EBC was once my favorite RPG of all time, but I don't think it is any more, but then again I haven't played it in 3 years since I had to sell it to get a GCN which in hindsight was a stupid move (since I got GCN for Zelda: TWW and that game was just lame) but hindsight's 20:20. If there was a new, true LUNAR game I'd snatch it up on the first day of release.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*woof* I'd like to see another EverQuest: Champions title. I love the series a lot, and I'd like to see more of it; but not with locked race/classes. I'd like it to have more then one class to a race. Otherwise, the difficulty and the gameplay are all wonderful as it. Playable Kobolds, too!

*woof* Like a lot of other people, a Chrono Trigger/Cross sequel/prequel would be awesome. I heard a little bit about Chrono Break, and I always wish it would have taken off...

*woof* Dragon Seeds is something else I'd like to see a sequel to. Something with even more dragons, more things to do with them then just fight, and being able to have more then one dragon out at a time would be things I'd like to see. A harder difficulty would also be great.

*whimper* And Lunar... I, too, would also like to see more of the world of Lunar. I'd like to see a prequel to Lunar, on the Blue Star, and a sequel to Eternal Blue, to find out what else happens in the world of Lunar... I wish we'd get to see them, but alas, we never will...
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: