Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Thor Movie in the Works!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fundertaker wrote:
It's not like I was saying that all seriously. I meant that as a small joke, since the Mjolnir is a clear one-hand hammer and must be wielded much different than a sledgehammer, and I really don't see Trips getting the role, unless people in Marvel really want him (the fact that he got a role in Blade Trinity went as a surprise for me as well at the time).

I realised it was in jest, truth be told I just damn well wanted to use the fork analogy. :D Personally I also can't see Trips doing a good job, but that's because I despise wrestlers who appear in a leading role. God knows Doom would have been better if they didn't end it with the obvious fisticuffs to shit all over the continuity of the storyline because Mr Rock was co lead man. =/

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mean to offend wrestlers and/or wrestling fans, but I really can't see any of the current pro-wrestlers to be a good actor. I considered The Rock as the most charismatic wrestler back then. He had a big chance to make it in the Hollywood, but so far, despite being in numerous movies as leading character, he hadn't really shown superstar quality on the big screen. He has the looks, he has the skill, and he has the support. But it doesn't/hasn't work(ed) out.

If The Rock couldn't really make it, I don't think Triple H would be successful as he is less talented than The Rock in my opinion.

While there's no doubt that Triple can act, wrestling is not exactly like acting in a movie. Wrestling has acting as an element of the whole package (other elements include gimmick, looks, technical ability, theme songs, etc). Acting in a movie is the whole package. There's a big difference between the two. Just because you are good at running marathon, doesn't mean that you're a good 100m sprinter. Both has running involved, but one relied on endurance while the other just go nuts in 9-10 seconds of running as fast as you can.

Also, when in wrestling, the scope of acting is much more limited as characters tend to be one dimensional according to their gimmick (e.g.: a badass character will always act badass). Acting in a movie often tend to include different emotions despite playing the same character. So to me, acting in wrestling is much easier than in the big screen.

Not to say wrestler will never be successful as an actor though. It's just that I don't think the current wrestlers are able to do so. But then again, it might depend on the role too.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Ack! No, I didn't mean to imply Triple H's was fake...but the movie's almost certainly would be

Well, they can use a real hammer (a big one at that) for the non-fighting part and then use the art of computer generated graphics to put it up with the special effects during the fight scenes. It wouldn't be that expensive/difficult.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: