Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Circle Rune?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: The Circle Rune? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Might we actually have something akin to official artwork and not even know it? I direct your attention to the official American GS3 website, to be found here. Load the flash up. Click to begin. Head to Introduction, found roughly where Budehuc would be on the map. On the circle of flames, click left, twice. You are presented with what I believe may be a Harmonian Crest. The script written on the Crest makes me believe this is not exactly the Circle Rune itself, but its design makes me think that the Harmonian Crest is patterened directly off the Rune.

Now, I like the Suikox Circle Rune and all, I really have to give props to whomever designed it, but could we have had the real Circle Rune under our noses this whole time and not even have known it?
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I must say that's one hell of an interesting find, Harukaze.

You wouldn't by chance mean, THIS image, would you? :D

Well, I don't know what exactly it IS supposed to be, whether it's a military crest or insignia or what, but it does look cool, and I'm pretty certain that it has to be Harmonian in nature. Since it's curcular, I'm sure it's supposed to represent the Circle Rune in some fasion, as well.

However, due to how it looks, I'm POSITIVE that is not the image of the Circle Rune, but I can't deny that it is official, coming from Konami's web site.

Again, good find, but I'm still not entirely sure what it is we're looking at. It's the Harmonian somethingorother for all I know.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is quite an interesting find indeed. But, as Sai said I'm pretty sure it isn't the Circle Rune. My reasons for saying this is the fact that there are actually symbols on the artifact. Those symbols are similar to the language glyphs found on a few Sindarian artifacts, SARSadmin would know better than myself but I'm quite certain that those symbols are Sindarian in origin. I believe that it may be an artifact or relic uncovered in a Sindarian Ruin.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn nice job ripping that from the site. I took a screenshot but I was too lazy to cut it out yet.

I dunno, I know it isn't the Rune, but I think the Crest could be -based- on the Rune. In other words, the Rune looks very much like this, in my opinion, just without the script and more... I dunno, Rune-like :)
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that is Sindarin, and it reads as "The Holy Harmonia Kingdom."
Instersting to say the least.

I've never seen that image myself, so I am shocked!

It may be the symbol of the Circle Rune, but also the sumbol used to denote the Harmonian Army in Suikoden 3 is a simple circle as well.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is shocking! The fact that the insignia on that particular artifact is written in Sindarin and says "The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia" is startling. Do you all know the ramifications of such a finding!? This could mean that Harmonia has significant ties to the Sindar or perhaps Hikusaak was in fact a Sindarin and left them to find his own "Eternal Capital" or, more than likely, the Sindar Tribe branched off from Harmonia or the people who established the Holy Kingdom.

This is very interesting. Harukaze may have stumbled onto something extremely big...or it could just be artwork and not mean anything, but I doubt Konami would go through all that trouble by posting it on their official site. The artifact could represent the Circle Rune, but I think it would be more interesting if it is a symbol of their history. The fact that it says "The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia" in Sindarin shows that it is possibly very old unless the Holy Kingdom writes in Sindarin, as well. *wonders off pondering*

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woah, nice find!

Why would a harmonian emblem be written in Sindarian? The plot, she thickens.

Is this the first time we've seen what I think is the Grassland's flag, also? The orange one with the deer is almost certainly Zexen, but I don't remember seeing that other flag before.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or, Konami has forgotten their own backgroudn info, which has happened before!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Knew I shoulda posted this sooner then. I found it a week or so ago when a friend of mine asked me for a better map of GS3 than the Suikox one. Went to the main site, sent her the link when I saw the map was right there, got bored and started poking around. Forget what distracted me -or- what reminded me tonight, but, well, glad I posted it anyway.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita, that is the banner of the Lizard Clan.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Yeah, that is Sindarin, and it reads as "The Holy Harmonia Kingdom."
Instersting to say the least.

Wow, SARSadmin can read Sindarin! You're amazing!

*cough* Sorry, had a Nanami moment there. ;)

That is a pretty awesome symbol! Great find Harukaze!

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems we've so dismissed Konami's offical sites over the years (rightly so, due to the fact that official product sites usually offer nothing more than basic information to entice the casual fan into buying their products) that we never considered that they could accidently put up something as potentially important and revealing as this.

Besides the Harmonian symbol (the big find) I'm also really impressed with the Zexen Confederacy flag. I've always been more interested in the national and political aspects of Suikoden so finds like this are always a gold mine to me.

Also, for reference, a simiflied version of the Harmonian symbol (sans writing) appears on their military banner. Link below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/sirlaguna/symboltastic.jpg
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bwah! Dude you rock, I missed that one. I am getting somewhat more convinced that that is an in character "drawing" of the Rune's symbol. It doesn't look Rune-like because the Rune itself would ... I dunno, have that same quality the other Runes have; I can't explain it. But that could be very, very near what the Rune actually looks like.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So that other KoA's Suikoden IV site isn't the first after all.

Hmm, my first time seeing the three flags after all. If that's a banner of the Lizards, I wonder if there's any for the remaining five clans?

Nice find!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just poking around on that site and I found something I don't think I've seen before. If you take Harukaze's link and look up screenshots, look up number 5. I think it is some rune skill, but I'm not sure of what it is. I haven't used every spell in Suikoden III, so it may just be a dumb question, but does anyone know what that is? :?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: