Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anime Characters by Nationality
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Anime Characters by Nationality Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can anyone guess from the title of this thread what this would ensue?

I came upon a very, very interesting page, which talked about the nationalities of certain characters from different animes/mangas. So i thought, "Hey, we got lots of anime lovers here, they might know something that most people, or certainly I, don't know about. Why not make this thread?" And so i did.

We know that a majority of anime/manga characters are from Japan, so they are absolutely of no interest, unless they have a special background. And example being Horohoro (Trey) from Shaman King, who is Japanese, but descends from the Ainu people, an aboriginal race that now resides in Hokkaido.

We know about tons of American characters, like the US team the NASA Aliens from Eyeshield 21, or the FBI agents in Death Note, so they aren't that special.

And there are lots of Chinese people in animes, like Shampoo in Ranma 1/2, Ma Kensei from Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and so on. So they aren't the special either.

All other nationalities can be included. I know that at least one of you will eventually touch upon France, but why not you try to name as many Frenchies as you can.

NOTE: I'd appreciate it if you don't bring up nationalities that don't correspond to the real world nations, from some fantasy world or anything like that. It's just annoying and totally irrelevant.

I'll start off. I can think of two Russians from two different animes: Maria from Sakura Wars and Vorg from Hajime no Ippo. Can anyone name some other Russians?

Quote:
Ainu
Horohoro - Shaman King

Russia
Vorg - Hajime no Ippo
Jung Freud - Gunbuster (Aim for the Top)
Tala- Bayblade
Argo Gulskii - G Gundam
Nastasha Zabigov - G Gundam

Ukraine
Maria - Sakura Wars

United Kingdom
Negima - Mahou Sensei Negima
Evangeline A.K. McDowell - Mahou Sensei Negima
Donet McGuiness - Mahou Sensei Negima
Sir Integra Wingates Hellsing - Hellsing
Seras Victoria - Hellsing
Alexander Anderson - Hellsing
Lyserg - Shaman King
Billy Kane - King of Fighters: Another Day
Sister Kate - Trinity Blood

Germany
Illyasviel von Einzbern - Fate/Stay Night
Asuka - Evangelion
Leni Milchstraße - Sakura wars
Anna Liebert - Monster
Johann - Monster
Inspector Lunge - Monster
Graf Wilhelm Josef Von Herrman - Mahou Sensei Negima
Kurz Weber - Full Metal Panic!
Faust - Shaman King
Bismark - Shaman King
Asuka Soryuu Langely - Evangelion
Alba Meira - King of Fighters: Another Day
Soiree Meira - King of Fighters: Another Day
Momiji - Fruit Baskets

France
Iris - Sakura Wars
Erica Fontaine - Sakura Wars
Glycine Bleumer - Sakura Wars
Kitaoji Hanabi - Sakura Wars
Mireille Bouquet - Noir
Lupin the Third - Lupin the Third
Pip Bernadette - French
Tamaki Suou - Ouran High school host club
Iron Maiden Jeanne - Shaman King
Ash - King of Fighters: Another Day
Elisabeth Blanctorche - King of Fighters: Another Day
Charlotte - Samurai Shodown/ Spirits
George de Sand - G Gundam
Princess Maria Louise - G Gundam
Raymond Bishop - G Gundam

Italy
Orihime Soletta - Italy
Michelo Chariot - G Gundam

Monaco
Pierrot Bolnez/Leonhart XV - Yakitate!! Japan

Romania
Lobelia Carlini - Sakura Wars
Alucard - Hellsing

Hungary
Ester - Trinity Blood

Thailand
Scratch J - Hajime no Ippo

Phillipines
Eleki Battery - Hajime no Ippo
Malcolm Gedo - Hajime no Ippo

Indonesia
Elvy Hadhiyat - RahXephon
Assam Bakti - Ayashi no Ceres
Kiki Rosita - Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Papaya - Hajime no Ippo

Vietnam
Coquelicot - Sakura wars

Middle East
Rashisd and the entire Manguanac - Corp Gundam Wing
Marik - Yugioh
Ishizu - Yugioh
Turbine - Shaman King

Mexico
Rikaritta Aries - Sakura wars
Sado - Bleach
Ricardo Martinez - Hajime no Ippo
Peyote - Shaman King

Brazil
Rodrigo - Hungry Heart

South America
Pedro - Excel Saga

Canada
Meene - Shaman King
Maxima - King of Fighters: Another Day

Cameroon
Samuel E'Eto

Sweden
Allenby Beardsley - G Gundam

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Last edited by Starslasher on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:05 am; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I believe that Illyasviel von Einzbern from Fate/Stay Night is from Germany. I don't know if you'd consider Asuka from Evangelion to be German, since she is half German and half Japanese. Also, if you want another Russian, then there's Jung Freud from the original Gunbuster (or Aim for the Top, depending on what you wish to refer to it by).

There's one that I'll list that kind of stretches the rules if you will of what you ask, but Pedro from Excel Saga is certainly a South American, it's just never fully stated which country exactly he's from. I just felt he deserved an honorable mention here.

~Uguu!~
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sakura Wars has characters from all kinds of nations. Here's a list.

- Maria is from the Ukraine.

- There's a little girl named Iris in the Flower Division who is from Champagne, France.

- Ri Kohran is from Beijing, China.

- Orihime Soletta is from Italy, but is mixed with Italian and Japanese parentage.

- Leni Milchstraße is from Germany.

- Erica Fontaine is from France, who is a nun-in-training.

- Glycine Bleumer is from France, and is of Norman ancestry.

- Lobelia Carlini is from Romania.

- Kitaoji Hanabi is from France, and she is 75% Japanese, one quarter French.

- Coquelicot is from Vietnam.

- Rikaritta Aries is from Mexico.

There is a large number of Americans, as well. There are other characters from other countries, too, but for the most part, most are from Japan.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Germany:
Anna Liebert
Johann
Inspector Lunge
...and a slew of others from Monster, which is based in Germany.

Middle East:
Rashisd and the entire Manguanac (or however you spell that) Corp of Gundam Wing fame.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!

Last edited by HarmonianHiccup on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I know some anime characters from Russia, I just can't figure out their names. >_>

But I do have an interesting one: Monaco.

Monaco:
Pierrot Bolnez/Leonhart XV
(Yakitate!! Japan)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, Gundam Wing has a lot of people from nations around the world, as well.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it is safe to say that 80% of the characters in Gunslinger Girls are Italian. For that matter, most of the characters from Emma - a Victorian Romance are British and all characters from the Rose of Versailles are French.

And so, to avoid my post from becoming an unhelpful list of anime that are entirely set on Italy, England or France, why don't I state some anime characters who come from my country instead?

Indonesia
Elvy Hadhiyat - RahXephon
Assam Bakti - Ayashi no Ceres
Kiki Rosita - Gundam: The 08th MS Team (granted, there is probably no country named "Indonesia" anymore on its timeline, but still...)

And then there's that Barong Gundam from G Gundam...

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mahou Sensei Negima! has quite a few characters from Europe too.

Negima (and family) is from Wales
Evangeline A.K. McDowell is either from Ireland or Scotland (not quite known which)
Graf Wilhelm Josef Von Herrman is from Germany
Donet McGuiness is from England

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool. Let me list them all down, just to make sure that no one repeats them. I would advise that the rest of you just put other character names in it as well.

Note for the previous posters: I would count South America in there, but i am sure that there will be particularly Brazillians somehwhere. If you can't put them in somewhere, then just place them in the "miscellanous" South America pile, for anyone who know any. Also, even if there is a Japanese character who has mixed ancestry, just put it in there, unless they're half American or Chinese, since i don't want to include them in this list. Plus, i decided to just place anyone from Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland as under the more generic "United Kingdom".

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Last edited by Starslasher on Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I didn't know if you wanted to include British characters as well. In that case, one cannot forget about Sir Integra Wingates Hellsing, and Seras Victoria (although since she became a vampire, does she lose her citizenship?) from Hellsing.

Also, from the anime Noir, Mireille Bouquet is Corsican, or if you just want to go general I guess you'd say she's French.

Kurz Weber from the Full Metal Panic! anime is also of German descent, although since he really doesn't have a nationality since joining MITHRIL, perhaps he doesn't count.

~Uguu!~
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lupin the third, from the series of the same name, is French. His partner Jigan is American. Alucard of Hellsing is Romanian. Alexander Anderson of Hellsing is Scottish but resides in the Vatican. Walter C. Dornez is British. Pip Bernadette is French. Chad of Bleach is Mexican. Tamaki Suou of Ouran High school host club is also French. Reaching back to some younger stuff, Bandit Keith of Yugioh is American, as is Willis from Digimon. Marik and Ishizu of of Yugioh are Egyptian.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that i'll add a bit of my own.

There are several foreign character from Hajime no Ippo, and i listed on of them already. Here is some of them:
Ricardo Martinez is from Mexico, Papaya is from Indonesia, Scratch J is from Thailand, Eleki Battery and Malcolm Gedo are from the Philippines and there is an Australian boxer who is known as the Crocodile. that's all i know for now.

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Last edited by Starslasher on Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ayashino Ceres? :cry: Oh my. The memories. I dig the Ceres chick. Aya can go screw herself.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually didn't like Ayashi no Ceres. Fushigi Yuugi was much better. Why? because they had the Suzaku and Seiryuu Seishi! I love those guys! Ceres didn't have people like that, which pretty much sucked. I never cared for the romance in either animes.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just remembered about that horrible, fantasy-sport anime...

Oh yeah, f'n Beyblade. There's alot of people from different countries in that series, one of them is Tala, from Russia. He's the guy with the V-shaped hair if anyone cares, the same kind of hair that continues Dragonball's impossible concept of "look ma, my hair defies gravity!!1".

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: