Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Missable Items
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Missable Items Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking of collecting information on all missable items in the series and putting them into a topic so that they were easy to find and in what order etc. I know how annoying it is if you're trying to play a "perfect game" and a monster no longer drops an urn because it is past that part in the story and you'll never see it again.

Any information is greatly appreciated, I remember seeing a thread on Suikoden II's missable items on Suikosource, but that has dissapeared. :(
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

one of the top of my head is fire sealing rune when you sneak into the highland camp with jowy. also the two recipes, one is japanese stew and the other i don't remember. but if you take one and not the other to hai yo you can't get the other one.

oh ya and old book three from the sindar runes. you gotta use the square block before you go to the two headed snake. if you don't you will never get. also one of the ? vases from your house in kyaro after you get nanami after that scene by genkaku's grave. hmmm some more can be the guardian diety plans you get in that mountain where you save kent from that harpy.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can return to Rakutei Mountain if you have Humphrey and Futch in your party, so the items there aren't missable at all.

On the top of my head, I can name one of the Turtle Plans that can be gotten around the Greenhill area, just not sure which. On the same area also, a spinach seedling. Chances of getting those completely vanish after defeating Neclord because the enemies will change.

Various runes around the Matilda area are also missable. *Sylph is the only one I remember.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
You can return to Rakutei Mountain if you have Humphrey and Futch in your party, so the items there aren't missable at all.

never tried that since i never go back there since i usually get them when i'm there.

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
also the two recipes, one is japanese stew and the other i don't remember. but if you take one and not the other to hai yo you can't get the other one.

That should be recipes #34 (Japanese Stew) and #12 (Sandwich). There was supposed to be some sort of a bug which makes either of the two recipes impossible to obtain if you give only one of the said recipes to Hai Yo or Barbara (if you decide to place it in your storage). The proper thing to do here is to submit the two recipes at the same time in order to avoid the bug.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not just ones from Suikoden II though, all of the games.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's another one that comes into my mind. In Suikoden I, there are a couple of runes (Boar and Champion) which can be found in two treasure chests in the Village of the Hidden Rune, the place where the Star Dragon Sword teleports you to when you first meet it.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a Missable Items Guide for Suikoden IV on GameFaqs.

I am searching for more.
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well you can get it at any point in the game but I would say the Kindness rune in 2 is pretty missable.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shabadoo wrote:
Well you can get it at any point in the game but I would say the Kindness rune in 2 is pretty missable.

hmmm if you can get it at any time in the game how can it be missable?

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sorry for double post but here's some i remember for IV. pirate king vest when your in the fog ship, treasure map 30, treasure map 10, treasure map 12, treasure map 23, guardian circlet *need treasure map 30*, hero shield, guardian braclet, old book 4, pirate king bracelet, silver hammer. that's all i could find in my strategy book.

Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Shabadoo wrote:

hmmm if you can get it at any time in the game how can it be missable?

Just it's placement, it's in one of those fish baskets in Lakewest that are of to the side when you come off the docks. When I heard it was in lakewest I walk around the place looking for a chest for fifteen or more minutes until I decided to look in those baskets and there it was. So IMO if you don't have prior knowledge of the rune you are not going to find it.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ya but it's not a missable item since you can get it any time. he's looking for items you can't go back and get.

Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Off the top of my head, you can't go back and get Fire Magic rings or Fury runes if you advance past a certain chapter in III. Not sure about the other elemental rings. If you don't choose Chris as your Flame Champion, you may lose access to the upgraded items sold in the main building of Vinay del Zexay if you don't visit it either time you gain control of Chris in Chapter 5.

If you get Euram in V, you can't get Sacred Oath, because it's only dropped by the boss of Eresh's dungeon. Likewise, the other items in Eresh's dungeon become missable if you don't get them before you recruit Euram. If you skip Alhazred's sidequest, you'll miss out on the condemnation orb. Some of the rarer spell orbs are probably missable if you don't kill the right enemies in the war battles. I know stuff that you get from a Victory+ like the Karaya Armband and the Hungry Wolf tactic (can you not get a Victory+ in that first battle?) are missable.

I think you can miss the Wooden Amulet in IV if you don't trigger the cutscene involving Rita, Rene, Noah, and the Hero at the end of the game. In the first sidequest where you rescue the man's daughter, you'll need to use the action command around where the kidnapper was to scrounge up a treasure map. Other easily-missed treasure maps are on the various ships you ride on as part of the story. Fortunately, there's the missable items guide to help you along. More importantly, I think you can miss out on recruiting the man and his daughter if you don't do the side-quest at Razril. Same with the white cat that gives you medicine if you pet it. I think the girl with the fish shirt from Na-Nal is either automatically recruited or can be gained at any time.

In Tactics, you can miss the Ancient Dish if you complete level 5 of the Ruins for the first time without digging it up. Many of the S rank items like Steele's Shield and Simeon's Spellbook have one chance per game to be obtained. Some items in the Deserted Island are only sold at Chiepoo's richest or poorest.

In II, you can miss a Sound Set and Clive if you don't walk up that street in Muse. Some items are dropped by enemies that are replaced later on in the game, like III.

That's all I can remember.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finfreeze wrote:

If you get Euram in V, you can't get Sacred Oath, because it's only dropped by the boss of Eresh's dungeon. Likewise, the other items in Eresh's dungeon become missable if you don't get them before you recruit Euram.

for the stuff in eresh's dungeon arn't missable since you can get them but mustleave before finishing the final boss and then go recruit euram if you wanted him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: