Suikoden United and Irrational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Football (Soccer) 07/08 Results Predictions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Football (Soccer) 07/08 Results Predictions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roll up roll up all you soccer pundits!

This is going to be a simple competition which will run in tandum with our Fantasy Football (Soccer) 2007/2008 Season Game. The reason being it will be easier to keep track of all the matches throughout the season in the Premier League. Of course you do not have to be in the Fantasy Football ( Soccer ) League to take part in this.

The Rules

1: Each GameWeek's round of matches will be posted and that weeks deadline will also be posted.
2: Each member participating can post their predictions for that Gameweek here, right up until the deadline. I cannot see posting here being a problem, but if you feel like someone might copy your predictions you are free to PM me.
3: One point will be gained for a correct guess, nothing if you are incorrect.
4: A two point bonus will ge gained if you manage to correctly predict the score in any match.

The Prize's

Monthly
1st Place: 10,000 Potch
2nd Place: 5,000 Potch
3rd Place: 2,500 Potch

End of Season
1st Place : 100,000 Potch
2nd Place: 50,000 Potch
3rd Place: 25,000 Potch

( The prizes will be coming from my Potch Fund )

I have automatically added the members taking part in the Fantasy Football ( Soccer ) League, if you do not want to be apart of this just let me know.

Predictions Table

Archy [0] (0)
Aurelien [0] (0)
Exile [0] (0)
Fundertaker [0] (0)
Goldy [0] (0)
Hayashi Ujitsuna [0] (0)
Overdose [0] (0)
Viktorfan [0] (0)

If you would like to sign-up just let me know by PM or posting here by next Wednesday. This will allow enough time, hopefully, for evreyone to be ready for GameWeek One.

Comments? Anything i should change or add?

GameWeek One Fixtures
Deadline: 11 Aug 11:30 British Standard Time

Sunderland V Tottenham
Bolton V Newcastle
Derby V Portsmouth
Everton V Wigan
Middlesbrough V Blackburn
West Ham V Man. City
Aston Villa V Liverpool
Arsenal V Fulham
Chelsea V Birmingham
Man. United V Reading

Last edited by Goldy on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well for one, the Nation Points reward is impossible to be used as Nation Points' actual value varies between nations (e.g.: assume like currency .. 1 dollar is not the same as 1 euro, etc). So if you give 100,000 Nation Points to Exile, that's going to screw up his Nation Points because his is based on Tinto's value and not Kooluk's value. So to me, that reward is pretty much out of the question already.

A better reward is in form of potch. But of course this could be straining on your wallet. Of course we could lower the prize money into something more reasonable (e.g.: 1st weekly gets 10,000 potch, 2nd weekly gets 5,000 potch, 3rd weekly gets 1,000 potch ... then season's total 1st gets 50,000 potch, 2nd gets 25,000 potch, 3rd gets 10,000 potch) Other than that, I simply don't see any other possible reward.

As for my own prediction, well I'll wait a bit later on. The transfer thing is still up in the air for many cases. So I'd wait til everything is a bit clearer.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay prizes!

I'm fine with Nation Points, to be honest, but I agree with Aurelien, it should probably be turned into lower amounts of Potch. I'm not sure if all nations use Nation Points, since if someone won but doesn't have any use for it, it'd be kind of useless.

How about all members in this thing pooling a weekly amount of Potch, which after the gameweek would be distributed accordingly? That way, it's not so much of a strain on Goldy.

And as for predictions, it's useless to do so now... we haven't seen the last of transfers, anyway. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Well for one, the Nation Points reward is impossible to be used as Nation Points' actual value varies between nations

Ah i never realized that. I will just change it to potch so.

Quote:
As for my own prediction, well I'll wait a bit later on. The transfer thing is still up in the air for many cases. So I'd wait til everything is a bit clearer.

Quote:
And as for predictions, it's useless to do so now... we haven't seen the last of transfers, anyway.

Well the odd transfer changing the outcome of a match? It could.....but for GameWeek One the deadline is next Saturday......no point in accepting predictions after the games have been played and the results are in! :P
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay time to get this going. I'll just make some wild guesses.

Sunderland V Tottenham: Tottenham to win 3-0

Bolton V Newcastle: Newcastle to win 2-1

Derby V Portsmouth: Portsmouth to win 1-0

Everton V Wigan: Everton to win 2-0

Middlesbrough V Blackburn: 1-1 draw

West Ham V Man. City: 2-2 draw

Aston Villa V Liverpool: Liverpool to win 2-1

Arsenal V Fulham: Arsenal to win 2-0

Chelsea V Birmingham: Chelsea to win 1-0

Man. United V Reading: Reading to win 2-1

Aren't I awesome?

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gah, let's just do this without prizes, dammit, just for bragging rights. :P

Sunderland vs. Tottenham - Tottenham SHOULD win this without a doubt, I'm not expecting much of a fight from the Cats but it's Keano in charge, so 2-1 in favor of Tottenham.

Bolton vs. Newcastle - It's not about what Bolton got, it's about what Newcastle got. With that said, Big Sam is going to give Little Sam a rough start. 2-0 in favor of Newcastle.

Derby vs. Portsmouth - Portsmouth, most definitely, I view Derby as the weakest of the new guys, and they're going down. 1-0 in favor of Portsmouth.

Everton vs. Wigan - Uhhh... are we even supposed to guess who wins this? I'm shaving my head bald if Wigan wins, Everton is simply too good. They have Bramble, which is equal to what, two goals already anyway. 3-0 in favor of Everton.

Middlesbrough vs. Blackburn - Quite possibly the most interesting match for me in Gameweek 1. Both teams seem evenly matched, Blackburn may have the attacking edge based on last season but we can't count out Tuncay, so Boro have the skill to force a draw. 2-2 Draw.

West Ham vs. Manchester City - Another even match, but I think City will win just so everyone's happy. And it wouldn't cause crisis in Sven's first match, too. 2-1 in favor of Manchester City.

Aston Villa vs. Liverpool - Liverpool, most definitely. Torres may be all bark and no bite, but Liverpool is too talented for Villa to beat. 2-0 in favor of Liverpool.

Arsenal vs. Fulham - Great match for Arsenal to start, Fulham is still as awful as ever, adding Healy who is an unproven scorer in Premier League waters doesn't appeal to me. He may be good in international, but I'm not sold on his talent, anyway. While Arsenal lost Henry, they still have a good strikeforce. Long as Adebayor doesn't choke. 3-0 in favor of Arsenal.

Chelsea vs. Birmingham - Lol. As much as I want Birmingham to win, it's not going to happen because this is Chelsea. Chelsea just has too much talent to overcome. 2-0 in favor of Chelsea.

Man. United vs. Reading - the Red Devils have to face Reading, of all teams... Reading is somewhat of a darkhorse, and they can push United. But as similar to the other teams, United is simply too strong. It's a new season and no major injuries are piling up, so the Red Devils open with a bang. 3-1 in favor of Manchester United.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buh I hate doing scores and I always pick a winner so I don't think I'll do very well in this.

Sunderland V Tottenham - Tottenham win 3-1

Bolton V Newcastle - Allardyce wins 1-0

Derby V Portsmouth - Portsmouth win 2-1

Everton V Wigan - Everton win 2-0

Middlesbrough V Blackburn - Blackburn win 3-2

West Ham V Man. City - Man City win 4-2

Aston Villa V Liverpool - Liverpool win 1-0

Arsenal V Fulham - Arsenal win 3-0

Chelsea V Birmingham - Chelsea win 2-1

Man. United V Reading - Man Utd win 2-0

Really looking forward to the games starting today.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GameWeek Two Fixtures
Deadline: 14 Aug 19:30 BST

Tottenham V Everton
Birmingham V Sunderland
Fulham V Bolton
Man. City V Derby
Portsmouth V Man. United
Reading V Chelsea
Wigan V Middlesbrough

Results of GameWeek One and an Updated Table will be up later this evening or tomorrow!
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GameWeek One Results

Sunderland 1-0 Tottenham
Bolton 1-3 Newcastle
Derby 2-2 Portsmouth
Everton 2-1 Wigan
Middlesbrough 1-2 Blackburn
West Ham 0-2 Man. City
Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool
Arsenal 2-1 Fulham
Chelsea 3-2 Birmingham
Man. United 0-0 Reading

Predictions Table
[GameWeek Score] (Total Score)

Aurelien [7] (7)
Exile [7] (7)
Archy [6] (6)
Goldy [6] (6)
Fundertaker [0] (0)
Hayashi Ujitsuna [0] (0)
Overdose [0] (0)
Viktorfan [0] (0)

Aurelien had 5 correct predictions and 1 score prediction.
Exile had 7 correct predictions with no score predictions.
Archy had 6 correct predictions.

EDIT: I stuck myself in there, i might aswell have some fun too.....if you all do not mind!

Last edited by Goldy on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldy, I just realized one thing. Why the heck are you not playing this game too? It's not like you being the one running the game has any advantage over us at all. I think you should play as well and just post your predictions here.

Gameweek 2

Tottenham V Everton: 2-1 for Tottenham to win
I think Tottenham will be hungry and they want to win. If they lose again, they can kiss Top Four goodbye. Everton is good, but Tottenham should be stronger than them.

Birmingham V Sunderland: 2-1 for Birmingham to win
Sunderland had a lucky win against Tottenham, they're not strong enough to actually win properly. I'm backing Birmingham for this one.

Fulham V Bolton: 1-0 for Bolton to win
Bolton will bounce back, and I'd suspect Kevin Nolan to score the winning goal. Fulham is not as bad as I thought they would be, but they still lack proper quality.

Man. City V Derby: 2-0 for Manchester City to win
If they can beat West Ham, I can't see them not able to beat Derby County.

Portsmouth V Man. United: 1-0 for Portsmouth to win
I'd expect Manchester United to continue struggle to find form, and their problematic forward will be the one frustrating them as they would not be able to score another goal.

Reading V Chelsea: 2-1 for Chelsea to win
Chelsea will have a bit of a trouble, but will have enough to win.

Wigan V Middlesbrough: 1-1 draw.
Middlesbrough sucks. Wigan does too.

I'm awesome again!!

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien, if only we had of noticed that earlier...hahaha...

I would have had 6 correct guesses and no correct scores from GameWeek One.

GameWeek One Predictions

Sunderland 1-2 Tottenham
Bolton 1-1 Newcastle
Derby 1-2 Portsmouth
Everton 2-0 Wigan
Middlesbrough 0-1 Blackburn
West Ham 1-2 Man. City
Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool
Arsenal 2-0 Fulham
Chelsea 3-0 Birmingham
Man. United 3-1 Reading

Well i suppose it is too late to put up those scores! :P

GameWeek Two Predictions

Tottenham 2-1 Everton
Birmingham 1-0 Sunderland
Fulham 1-2 Bolton
Man. City 2-0 Derby
Portsmouth 0-1 Man. United
Reading 0-2 Chelsea
Wigan 0-2 Middlesbrough
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gameweek 2:

Tottenham vs. Everton - GOGO EVERTON Everton 2 - 1 Tottenham

Birmingham vs. Sunderland - Everyone's betting against Sunderland? What? Madness! Birmingham 0 - 1 Sunderland

Fulham vs. Bolton - Kind of a mix, I'm still not convinced by Bolton's lineup, but Fulham aren't that good despite the Messiah Tag of Sanchez and Healy, so Fulham 2 - 2 Bolton

Man. City vs. Derby - City all the way, they have Elano, Elano is freakin' awesome. And that Bianchi guy too, defense isn't too shabby either. Manchester City 2 - 0 Derby

Portsmouth vs. Man. United - United all the way, it's going to be hard but I'll take it. Portsmouth 1 - 2 Manchester United

Reading vs. Chelsea - Reading can stun, but against Chelsea? I'm going with the Blues win despite how much I want Reading to win. Reading 1 - 3 Chelsea

Wigan vs. Middlesbrough - Boro actually improved. Wigan got worse. Go figure. Wigan 0 - 2 Middlesbrough

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will give it a try.

GameWeek Two Predictions

Tottenham - Everton: 1-1
Birmingham - Sunderland: 0-1
Fulham - Bolton: 3-1
Man. City - Derby: 0-0
Portsmouth - Man. United: 1-2
Reading - Chelsea: 1-0
Wigan - Middlesbrough: 2-2
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ViktorFan, glad you joined in!

I hope your Reading v Chelsea prediction comes true!
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GameWeek Three Fixtures
Deadline: 18 Aug 11:30 BST

Portsmouth V Bolton
Birmingham V West Ham
Fulham V Middlesbrough
Reading V Everton
Tottenham V Derby
Wigan V Sunderland
Newcastle V Aston Villa
Man. City V Man. United
Blackburn V Arsenal
Liverpool V Chelsea

Results of GameWeek Two and an Updated Table will be up tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: