Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Geddoe's successor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would be the most suitable successor for Geddoe?
Joker
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Ace
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
Queen
41%
 41%  [ 12 ]
Jacques
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 29

Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Geddoe's successor Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought of this at work today: Suppose Geddoe retired from the SDF for some reason. Who would you choose as his successor as captain of the 12th unit and why? In case there's any member you think would be particularly unfit don't hesitate to elaborate on that either!

I will post my own opinion later so as not to influence people right from the start. I have that kind of effect on people, see.^^

PS - I did not include Aila as an option since she's not formally with the SDF.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well...as much as I like Jacques (yay!). He rather keeps to himself and doesn't talk much...in terms of leadership qualities he appears to have none and the way he was designed (his weapon being a crossbow meaning he usually should be attacking from the back) says so too; that Jacques isn't originally seen to be the 'leadership-type'.

In terms of ACTUALLY taking over the position...I think I see Ace taking over the position as being most likely as currently he seems to manage majority of the groups happenings anyhow.
Next up after him would probably be Joker as....well...there might be a possibility that Ace only would want to stick with managing stuff and Joker is the more serious of the two...
But I'll stick with Ace on this one...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ace or Queen for sure, more likely to be Queen though, and Ace can retain his position of finances and complaining. :P
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I think Queen would make an excellent leader. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders but also have the ability to kick ass when necessary.

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Frankly, it was a tie between Ace and Queen for me. Queen is the heart and soul of the group and I think it would pretty much fall apart without her, but Ace is really the one who keeps things going logistically. He'd make sense because, despite his quirky personality, he seems to be a really capable person. Plus his experience with the finances would really help keep the 12th running...

EDIT: I accidentally said Joker in the first line. I meant Queen. X(

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!

Last edited by HarmonianHiccup on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would really have to go with Ace on this one. He was the one, when the party first reached Caleria, who did the reporting and all that jazz. Plus, he was the one urging Geddoe and the group to get moving on the search for the Fire Bringer. Ace seems to be the most concerned in the progress of the group. If Geddoe retired, Queen would probably accompany him and leave the force. Joker doesn't seem like the type who would want to lead. Jacques is just a little too quiet.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can see Ace taking over Geddoe's position as the leader of the SDF, if ever Geddoe would retire. For me, Ace has the qualities and character fit for the position of a leader. Although I personally want Jacques to be the leader of the group itself, he doesn't strike me as someone who'd make a good leader.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

None of the above.

The only one with a decent head on his shoulders is Ace. Queen is too judgemental and tempermental. Wang is too darn old and too much of a drunk. Jacques ran from battle at the great hollow, so he's not exactly the man there either.

The only thing Ace reported was the finances Ton. I don't think that gives any real insight to his decision making skills. Though he was the man charging after Aila and rescuing her outside Karaya before it went all splody. The reason Ace can't be the leader is the fact that neither Queen nor Joker respect him. Sure they respect him in battle and they know he's a key member of the group, but they both question his morals and intentions every time he opens his mouth.

I really think their personalities complement each other and if you take one and put them in a head position, I think you lose the charisma and balance of the squad. The only reason they get along is because they can all agree on one thing: that they should follow Geddoe. You take out that key component and they would assuredly disband.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sierra Mikain wrote:
The only reason they get along is because they can all agree on one thing: that they should follow Geddoe. You take out that key component and they would assuredly disband.

This is true. Unless an outsider person was brought in, they have no chance. And even then...eh. Geddoe was the man, they need him.

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wELL I VOTED FOR JAQUES SINCEhe is one of my favorite character.
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Allright, here's my most suitable successor top 4:

#1 Queen: She seems to be quite intelligent and in the Suikoden III manga she displays some solid leadership qualities at times. Even though she's younger than Ace and Joker she is the one that is most likely to meet with unounimous acceptance from the group. (Well, Ace might grumble a complaint or two and then hurry along doing what she told him to. :*laugh*: )

#2 Joker: He may get more than a little unreliable when drunk but that's only off-duty for as far as I know. Ace would give him a hard time, though. Joker or Ace as #2 was a bit of a toss-up for me but since he's older and seems to be respected more by Queen and Jacques I go with Joker.

#3 Ace: Okay, so he's done all the admin up until now but that was just because noone else wanted the hassle, remember? Allthough I think Ace is smarter than he lets on the other members don't really take him serious enough. During the game he tries to act like some sort of second-in-command of the group but they clearly reject his leadership. He may have hidden talents on the artistic front but not on the leadership one, I'm afraid. That said, he is a core member of the group and a seasoned soldier so you could do worse, I guess.

#4 Jacques: Jacky-boy seems to have good instincts but since he's the newest member of the team putting him in charge of his seniors would be a bad move. He doesn't strike me as a person who would tell other people what to do either.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went with Queen over Ace, because Ace is too much of a skirt chaser and complainer to lead the group, while Queen shows herself to have good leadership qualities. Ace can stick with finances, while Joker remains the lead caster, Jacques lead balistics, and Aila can cover defensive magic and healing. Even without Geddoe, in the above format, they would still be quite the force to be reckened with!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Queen is the most responsible of the group, and also the most respected. I don't think Ace has enough respect from the other members of the team to be a successful leader-- while Queen is quite respectable within the team, and with other people. Ace would just be an embarrassment as a leader. heh. Ace can keep doing the administrative works, though, and Joker can keep complaining, while Jaques tells his silly stories.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drago

Unknown Warriors of Kooluk

500 Potch
2 Soldiers
13571 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have the feeling if Geddoe ever did retire for whatever reason the SDF members would follow him, if not then I think Queen or Joker would most likely take over as the leader but more preferably Joker because he is older and has more experience then the others.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say Jacques. He seems to garner the most trust from Geddoe and like the one Geddoe is most fond of. Why else would he have been added to the team in the first place? I mean, he has distance attacks which none of the others at the time had but then again, Geddoe has great magic to compensate for that and range was an obstacle I think they can overcome. He's being groomed to succeed Geddoe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: