Suikoden Ugly and Informational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A to Z of Entertainment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

E: Excel Saga

What this is is quite possibly the funniest anime that you'll ever have the pleasure of watching. It chronicles the adventures of Excel Excel (yes, her first and last names are the same) and later on Hyatt as they seek to conquer the world for the organization ACROSS, and for Lord Ilpalazzo. However, trying to conquer the entire world at once might be a chore for an organization that consists of 3 members plus an emergency food supply dog, so they aim to conquer the country of Japan before the world. However, that too might be a daunting task, so they narrow it down to conquering F City in Japan as the first step towards conquering the world. Incidentally, F City is basically supposed to be Fukuoka, the city in which the author lives.

This isn't necessarily an exceptionally accessible anime though. It's full of in-jokes and various stereotypes that one learns after watching many different anime, but it also has plenty of straight forward humor too, so as long as you don't mind not getting some of the references, can enjoy this. Not to mention the fact that Exel is just so damn insane that you can't help but laugh.

~Uguu!~
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

F: Frédéric Chopin

I hardly consider myself an expert in piano music, yet even I can easily appreciate the work of Chopin. His works are not only the most popular piano works out there, but also considered the pinnacle of piano composition. As I'm really interested in exposing myself to more and more types of music, I felt kind of ashamed that I was unfamiliar to even the most popular piano music, so I felt Chopin really was one of the best jumping off points-- and I can recommend him too, as his music is some of the most accessible in all of classical composition.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

G: Georgia On My Mind

This song from the late and great Ray Charles still great to listen to whenever I feel down and also when I need something smooth and relaxing to listen to. This song also happens to have been made the State of Georgia's official state song and for that I am quite envious of the Peach State. If all state songs could only sound as good as Ray Charles' Georgia On My Mind.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

H: He is My Master

Ah, this is one of those anime that combines a ton of fanservice to make it a noteworthy title among fanservice titles. High school girls? Check. High school girls in maid uniforms? Check. Loli character? Check. Shojo Ai/Yuri romantic interest? You better believe it. With all these things going for it, and the fact that the anime comes from those masters of fanservice, GAINAX, you have a title that'll keep your fantasies going in overdrive!

~Uguu!~
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I: Incubus

One of my favorite bands. Hailing from Calabasas, California, they are a five-piece "alternative rock" band, with a lot of great albums. Not a lot of people realize they have been around 16 years (Formed in 1991), and used to have a far different sound. Old Incubus (Pre- Make Yourself) was a lot different. The now handsome frontman Brandon Boyd sported a whole different look. He had a beard, long dreads, and thei rmusic was a lot more heavy and funky and experimental. They have gotten more mainstream, but always have beautifull written songs, and each cd brings a different sound and feel. From Fungus Amongus to Light Grenades, I consider them one of the best bands around today. I suggest anyone and everyone who hasn't given them a listen, to do so now.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

J: Johnny Cash

Even if one was not into country music much I would still recommend the late and great Johnny Cash to them. His music is quite timeless and very easy to listen to. He brings together classic country and gospel and folk to come up with his very own unique style. His songs are like short stories and peeks into his own life. He has a particular and unique singing voice which is gravelly and deep. He doesn't so much as sing but speaks the words of the song in a cadence and rhythm which seems to be almost like poetry. Some of his best songs he pretty much recites in that cadence. I'm talking about songs like Ring of Fire, The Man Comes Around, A Boy Named Sue, The Ballad of Ira Hayes, and (his own cover of the Nine Inch Nail song) Hurt. Listening to these songs almost feels like you're in a campground sitting around a campfire with the crusty, old veteran sitting with guitar in hand and telling everyone a story.

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amyral wrote:
X: Xenogears

One of my favorite role playing games. It's heavily plot intensive with an indepth story and a wide cast of characters. The story touches on elements of philosophy, religion, morality and psychology. The story can be quite hard to follow, and even harder to explain, but in a nutshell, it's the story of a man named Fei. One night, there is a conflict involving massive robots known at gears. Due directly to Fei's actions, his village is destroyed, which causes the remaining villagers to oust him. From there, it's Fei and his crew, which is quite expansive, exploring the world of war, rebellion and rather strange supernatural and stellar forces.

While it wasn't the greatest looking game, and a gutted second disk, it was a very strong role playing game that I absolutely loved. It remains one of the best reviewed Playstation games, although a polarizing one for certain.

Great game. I just beat it...despite the fact that I owned it for eight years. Did you know that it originally wasn't supposed to make it to our shores due to the same heavy religious and philosophical undertones that made it interesting?

Anywho, I guess I'll continue with the letter "K."

K is for Kevin Smith, director of Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, etc. In all honestly, I didn't like him at all until I saw An Evening with Kevin Smith, a Q&A biopic that was filmed at four or five schools (one of them being mine). Despite the fact that he came off as a self-righteous filmmaker on occasion (then again, some of those audience members had it coming), he was a terrific storyteller who kept me wanting more. After I watched this, I began to re-watch his flicks. Clerks and Mallrats were on digital cable and I picked up Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Chasing Amy, and Clerks II. I don't worship the ground that he walks on, but as a director, his movies are quite entertaining.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

L: L.A. Confidential

I recommend this very well-done modern film-noir which got lost in all of the Titanic hoopla in 1997. This film adaptation of the dense and very complex novel of the same name by James ellroy was truly great just for the fact that screenwriters Biran Helgeland and writer-director Curtis Hanson were able to condense the novel to its most basic level but still keep all the complex political and underworld intrigue of the book. It also brought to the forefront two Aussie actors who would go on to bigger and better things: Russell Crowe and Guy Pierce. One would have thought the way these two did their work that they were born and bred true-blue Americans. They truly lost themselves in their role. Crowe's performance as the brutish but honorable LA cop, Bud White, is one of the best reasons to watch this film if one hasn't been able to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: