Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wild Arms 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordMcDohl

Window-pecking Humming Birds

1000 Potch
101 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Wild Arms 5 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The English version of Wild Arms 5 is going to be out soon. The Japanese version was already released in December last year.
I read a bit about the game at Wikipedia. Apparently, they are continuing the HEX system. There are quite a lot of changes, and hopefully the changes are good.
As usual, the protagonist's background story is sooo 'original'.
Our friendly neighbourhood golem, Asgard returns to transport you around again. The information says Asgard can be used as a fighting ally.

Well, that's about all I can say.
Oh, don't try the official English site, all it says is:
CONTENTS COMING SOON!

So, any of you planning to buy this game?
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We'll see. I did like the first three games quite a bit, but I heard from a certain blasphemous mullet-sporter that #4 sucked so I didn't ever think of buying that one. I think I will wait to hear more about what the English game is like before I consider buying it. Tempting though.

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was the same, I did not really like 4 the story did not pull me in plus i was not a fan of the battle system (it was different though). I think I liked 1 or 3 the most out of the series.

I am looking forward to playing the new WA game when its released here in europe.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wild Arms is great, but they always sacrifice the story so that the cute adorable characters never die. Take Wild Arms 3 for example, Siegfried gets beaten up by some spoilt rich girl with a canon in her pants, and then when he dies gets replaced by another demon who is a little girl who lives in lala land.

I think Siegfried should just be taken more seriously, I assume he'll be making a comeback in the 5th game?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, you better not be talking about Virginia! I liked her.

I played the import. It's pretty enjoyable, but I hate how they've made the cinematics play out like anime. It's hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean when you first meet Rebecca.

I removed the plot spoiler from McDohl's opening post, even if it was marked. Honestly, there's no reason to have such a significant plot spoiler revealed so long before the game's release and for no real reason.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Hey, you better not be talking about Virginia! I liked her.

I talk of Maya Schroedinger.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You'd better.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Virginia was annoyingly generic and corny too. :D

Heres the Japanese intro video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqkxJpe_vO8.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still need to startWild Arms: Alter Code F and Wild Arms 4, then I need to finish Wild Arms 3. >____<
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The RPG market is insanly weak right now, put simply, if its out for the 360 or Wii, then Im gonna buy it.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never dove into the Wild Arms series. Is it's battle system/gameplay very similar to any other wll known game series?

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first three games have simple turn-based battle systems with a few gimmicks thrown in to make it different from other games, such as the force meter (allows different abilities as battles go on), each person having different special abilities and having to reload weapons (in 3, anyway). I don't know about the others or this hex system though.

The game systems aren't all that complicated, but I don't recall any other game that I've played being overtly similar.

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is true the games don't feel the same, WA3 has one of my favourite turn based systems with the ability to summon also.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have this baby pre-ordered. i didn't try WA3 or 4 and unfortunately will not see XF since it's for PSP-only... it reminds me of Suikoden Tactics.. :(
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am planning on making this purchase. I'm of the few that actually love Wild Arms! I loved WA 1-2 and 3 was sub par. I never played 4, but I plan on getting it. Along with 1 and 2. Now I'm going to need more money for Persona 3 and Wild Arms 5. :-(

Return that soul to God.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: