Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Genso Suikoden: Piano Collections
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Genso Suikoden: Piano Collections Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone have these albums? I enjoyed the Final Fantasy Piano Collections immensely and am interested in knowing about the Suikoden ones. Is it all solo piano, or is there a whole band centered around it?
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of them are just piano and some of them are a little more like rhythem sections and a few instruments. To tell you the truth I was really pretty disappointed in the Suikoden piano collections--they sounded sort of like Suikoden-gone-elevator-music. >_<
I know where you can preview them, if you'd like to hear samples.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I'd be interested in hearing them. Background music to one person is soothing jazz to another. :P
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a Jazz fan myself, but for some reason the melodies as I knew them really didn't jive for me. I don't have the link here with me at work, but I'll post it as soon as I get home and find it in my bookmarks. :)

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I look forward to giving them a preview. I was very impressed with the final fantasy ones. I have Final Fantasy IV - X-2 Piano Collections

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I simply adore those. THey're right on the top of my list for CDs to buy next time I'm in Japan. :3 THose and every Suikoden OST as well as the Celtic collections. The vocal collections aren't bad either--I really like the "La Passion Commouve La Storia" rendtion...

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.duefiumi.com/?pp=msc_pia.html

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, Sophita! Saves me the trouble of digging up the url. `^^';;

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I'm just not a Jazz person but I didn't like the Genso Suikoden Piano Collections much at all. I loved all the FF piano collections because they were very smooth piano music and that's it, where as the Genso Suikoden ones have sax and other instruments jumping up all over the place, which completely tricked up all the tracks while making them unrecognizable and sounding like boring elevator music.

The Genso Suikoden Celtic Collections are much better, the first one was good, the second one was amazing, but the third one okay at best.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were tracks on the third Celtic one that really did it for me, though. "Currents" has some of the loveliest harmonic dissonance I've heard in a while. :)

Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really want to check these out, I have the original soundtracks for Suikoden 1 and 2 so I really need more.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah that version of currents was very different from the original or the version on Orrizonte/gaiden vol.1 that focused on the vocals, but not as good as those two to me on it's own, I do think it and hurry to karaya were two of the better songs on the CD. (hurry to karaya got a bit weird when that dude started yodeling...) I liked all versions of Avertunerio Antes Lance Mao even the one from the Piano collection, but the celtic collection III version really sucked.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
http://www.duefiumi.com/?pp=msc_pia.html

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

No samples? :( Thanks for the review though. :D
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RPGfan always have a few sample tracks for every soundtrack/music cd, they have lots of reviews for rpg music including all Genso Suikoden cds, so there's lots of stuff you can sample.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, were those just reviews?
I didn't look that closely. Darn, here I am at work without the link again. I'll post it as soon as I get home...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: