Suikoden United and Irrational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most loved sports on Suikox?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most famous Loved Sports In suikox?
Football (Soccer)
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
Basketball
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Volleyball
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Football (American)
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Ice Hockey
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
Cricket
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Baseball
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Rugby
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Handball
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Others
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 41

Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Most loved sports on Suikox? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering what sport is the most popular or say the most loved by suikox members?

I personally love soccer.i Used to be a baskeyball and vollyball varsity in our school but just did not have that much interest on those teo games.

I only placed team sports. if you love an individual sport just say it or post it

Just so you know the foorball here IS american football.

Last edited by Geddoe-9 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You put Soccer AND Football on the list!!!! Soccer IS Football!!!!

Unless of course you mean American 'Football' in which case i will vote for 'Soccer' *cough* Football :mrgreen:
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

football aka american football is the best. nuff said :P

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

American football is the only sport I closely follow and likewise the only sport I enjoy playing. That being said if soccer were big in the US I think I would take quite an interest in it as well. I loved watching the World Cup last year and I imagine it's a sport I would follow had I a means to. Maybe now with Beckham in the States it might finally catch on, but I haven't seen many signs of it so far. His face might make the news, but the reason he's here in the first place doesn't seem to. Oh well.

So yeah, American Football is my favorite sport hands down. I would watch soccer as well were it televised.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soccer, or rather Futball is my favorite sport of all time. I played soccer ever since I was in kindergarten and have always had a love for it. I also have always been of fan of watching soccer, mostly United States teams (Major league soccer, or MLS for short)

I dont think David Beckham will make much of an improvement to United States Soccer. Maybe for a bit he might improve ratings as people hop on his little bandwagon, but soon they will get tired and turn to other sports. Personally, I hope they get tired sooner rather than later, as to me David Beckham is far overrated and there are better players out there including players in MLS already that are better than David Beckham.

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beckham being overrated is no small secret. I hear it mentioned on sports radio and such enough to make me think it's a general consensus, and anyone who watched the World Cup saw that while he did a decent job, he was nothing special. I think the whole idea of picking up Beckham was to recruit a celebrity, not a stellar athlete. People will go "oh hey I've actually heard that name before" and might watch a game or two. For me at least this is fairly significant, because I really like soccer and currently in the U.S. there's an opportunity to watch it in English about once every four years. Once I take over the world I'm going to ban basketball so that soccer can be televised in its stead, but until then Beckham is my best shot at actually being able to watch a game or two.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never had a problem with watching soccer in English. On ESPN they will show games from MLS on there and quite a bit they will show games from my favorite team on the local channels here in Maryland. My favorite team is D.C United by the way if anyone has heard of them and Im so glad Freddy Adu finally left there. I also have been to a few games this MLS season already down at the stadium in DC and its always a blast.

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DC United, San Jose Earthquakes, Chicago Fire, NY/NJ Metrostars and New England Revolution are teams with already some recognition outside the US. Essencially San Jose and DC (the last because of Adu, obviously).

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't even know my city's Soccer team had gained recognition at all. n_n

Anyways, the only sport I really follow is Tennis, which isn't on the list, so I voted other. It kind of baffles me that Handball is on the list, and yet Tennis is not. On the list, my favorite to watch is probably Basketball. I can't really get into Baseball because it's so slow paced-- and American Football always seems like it's starting and stopping every few seconds, and that feeling annoys me.

Football I can enjoy watching, but I rarely do, as it's not on TV much here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

American Football. And don't give me any of the "football is soccer, it is better" rants, because I'm a fan of both. But I grew up watching American football, and I follow my team every year.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only sport I follow is horse-shoe tossing and cow-tipping... oh, and NASCAR. Every other sport isn't a sport at all, and are for sissies.
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Gil-Galad I miss tennis on the list. I follow a lot of sports so it's hard for me to decide. I voted for soccer.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Ice Hockey for me but Football (Soccer) is a close second, Football is just so much more accessible in that you only need a ball and a couple of random objects/items for a goal and it can be played. For Ice Hockey you have to get a lot more things together for a game, even in places that will provide you a natural rink you still need the sticks and skates. If I could more easily play Ice Hockey it would be far, far and away my favourite.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The only sport I follow is horse-shoe tossing and cow-tipping... oh, and NASCAR. Every other sport isn't a sport at all, and are for sissies.

Isn't cow-tipping illegal in some states? You must be really hardcore.

I generally don't tend to watch sports too much although I will watch the odd national rugby game or big boxing match if it happens to be on whilst I'm idling.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a junkie for American Football, to be honest with you. I do like watching Soccer, but only in Spanish. I'd rather hear the exciting Spanish announcers than the boring ESPN English announcers any day of the week.

And don't get me started on how everyone's bought into the whole 'Beckham's going to change America's perception about soccer' because if our perceptions had changed that much, Freddy Adu wouldn't be leaving DC United to go play in Europe where he'll prolly get 10 times the recognition and appreciation. Becks' best days are behind him, and the Galaxy are just vultures on the whole name recognition thing to pay him so much money just to BE there.

[/rant]

I love all sports, but I'm going to vote for football, just because it's the one I tend to live and die by.

And VX into NASCAR? Wow. I learn new stuff every day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: