Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Daddy Wasn't There!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the fact that we know who Kyril's mum is doesn't change the fact that he loses his dad at an early age and through the majority of the journey is fatherless. In fact, he's mostly motherless until he finds out that Yohn is his mother at the end. As far as Kyril is concerned once his dad drops off the mortal coil he has no parents.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyril is technically an exception anyway because he isn't a Tenkai.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:

Hmmm, that is a very good point.

*pushes him off a metaphorical cliff* He is no more then.

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

well he is still a protagonist in one of the suiko series
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe-9 wrote:
Quote:

well he is still a protagonist in one of the suiko series

Yeah, but of everyone else mentioned, it's one glaring difference in the history of suikoden. He's...like...not a chosen one.

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

He's...like...not a chosen one.

maybe But that dosent remove that fact that he become a prtoganist. leys just say he is pretty much like nuch when it comes to beimg a protagonist
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For anyone who has read the original Chinese novel, is there a main character or leader of the 108 heroes? And if so, did he lose one or both of his parents? If so, that might explain why they've kept this tradition throughout every game so far.

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe also has unknown parents but that's probably because he is completely unknown. (you mention Hugo and Chris...)

but Thomas is the Tenkai of Suikoden III. his mother died and his father is that loser Councilman in Vinay del Zexay.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe's parents are unknown because Geddoe is 111 years old. We're also going to go with the fact that his village was wiped out and I'm going to assume he's the only survivor (especially 100 years later.)

Edit: That's an unfair assumption actually. I apologize. If it was Harmonia that did so (which I remember it being, god only knows if I remember correctly though.) there's a high chance his settlement has remained in tact and is an extension of the empire, and after a hundred years there's a chance that they've risen above the ilk of Le Buque.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer the Father pissed on me when I was little, killed my mother and scarred my brother Hero type. That's much more compelling than a wuss like Frey was.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Geddoe's parents are unknown because Geddoe is 111 years old. We're also going to go with the fact that his village was wiped out and I'm going to assume he's the only survivor (especially 100 years later.)

i though he was just in his sixties
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe-9 wrote:
Quote:

i though he was just in his sixties

Oh no. I distinctly remember his official age being like 111-114.

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ezekiel, wrote
Quote:

Oh no. I distinctly remember his official age being like 111-114.

oes that mean he had the true lightning rune long before the first fire bringer war?
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe-9 wrote:

oes that mean he had the true lightning rune long before the first fire bringer war?

I'd assume so, yes.

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Daddy Wasn't There! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ezekiel wrote:
So, do you assume this will happen in Suikoden VI? And why do you think this is such a popular story for a hero?

Hmm, well, while I generally just like to play the games instead of trying to figure out why certain characters tend to be missing (in practically every Zelda game, Link doesn't appear to have any parents, the closest being Ocarina of Time where his mother left him with the Kokiri) but I would speculate that the lack of parents, for the most part, would help the hero's motivation to the cause.

I mean, if the hero's family was alive and well at all times, would it really be easy for him/her to join a rebellion with the possibility of being killed at any time. It's a classic scenario, which was even utilized in Star Wars, where Luke made the decision to go with Obi-wan after finding Owen and Beru murdered by the empire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: