Suikoden Unique and Informational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

perfect people?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: perfect people? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering do people of high status in life say like the pope or the biggest imam(muslim)why is it that this people always tend to be perfect. they are human beings they make sins as well why do you think this kind of people have the reputation of not even commiting something bad?
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nobody says the Pope is perfect - of course he isn't, and of course he commits sins (less than you and I, most likely, but still), and the Church herself never denied this. The Church doesn't even claim that he is infallible, despite what so many people seem to think. The dogma about the Papal infallibility only means that the magisterium is infallible if it acts as such, which means (in the case of the Pope) that his declarations about doctrinal and moral issues are infallible (infallible by definition) only when he speaks ex cathedra.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YEs i know BUt people somehow tend to forget that. and some people tend to look at them as perfect people.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being wholly infallible myself it does amuse me that people would hold mere mortals such as the Pope in such high regard.

...erm, these people are revered as figureheads. It is the positions appointed to them, and their roles therein, that are held in such high regard. There's a difference between the man referred to as 'the pope' and the position of authority referred to as 'the pope'. I think most people are able to make the distinction.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wOULD YOU PREFER A WORLD Without people that are high in authrity? i personaly think it will be better.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean, live in peace together and all be equal? It's a nice thought, but to be realistic, it's not going to happen. That's just my opinion, and that's the way things go.

It's kind of hard to not have authority figures in this country. Everyone equal? Someone has to run the country, sadly.. and on the topic of the pope, they can do wrong. It's just no one really talks about it, I suppose..

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you got a point there. but i guess ill never stop dreaming on having a world were peace is all over and equality is practiced.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I suppose this thread has fulfilled its purpose, from what I can tell. Continuing it any further would only lead to off topic conversation and other such nonsense so I'm going to lock this down before it becomes an issue.

-closed-

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: