Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

non-spoilerific missable recruits in suikoden 5?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irhxcbcziuzxs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: non-spoilerific missable recruits in suikoden 5? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anywhere?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Non-spoiling? Hm, there are a few characters you can miss. Most of them are connected to Oboro. Just take every chance to talk to him.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
irhxcbcziuzxs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont mind having character names, but ive been reading around and ive read way too many spoilers trying to find this out...

character info
when and how to get them

with as little spoilers as possible, i think this would be good for alot of people.

I just dont have the time to play through suikoden 5 more than once, you know.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Characters located in the Hershville Naval Base are the ones I found most easily missable, once you can go there, keep going and investigating it. There are two or three characters there you'll have to get. :)
irhxcbcziuzxs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

see, like that. Why cant someone do something similar to how you told me about those characters for all the missable characters...

I dont want to get 40 hours in and realize i missed somone.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

irhxcbcziuzxs wrote:
I dont want to get 40 hours in and realize i missed somone.

Unfortunately, Suikoden V is that kind of game.
irhxcbcziuzxs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its that kind of game, only if you go unprepared. It completley baffles me why someone doesnt or hasnt made a list that says.

*You have to get this character here, you have no other chance, for the crucial misses

*Once you get to this point of the game, you cant recruit "xxxx" make sure you have "x" stars of destiny before going further for the less crucial ones that you have ample time to get, but are still missable.

:-/
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It might be because some characters can only be recruited after or during a certain story event, so if you read the guide it would spoil that event for you, that's probably why it is hard to find a spoiler free guide since many will need to reference major plot events.
irhxcbcziuzxs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i believe they can be referenced without giving away too much... maybe not a spoiler free one but close to it.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This FAQ at Gamefaqs.com has a pretty good list. If you scroll down to the "Non-Plot" characters section, it will tell you how to recruit characters in order of availability. It doesn't completely cut out spoilers, but since it goes in order of availability you should be alright as long as you don't really read ahead. It was the guide I used on my second playthrough. Also, this FAQ was made before the NTSC version came out, so some of the names don't match. It should be close enough for you to figure it out though.

Its the best I can do. You might as well just experience the game the first time without getting 108 stars, and then play again with New Game+. That's what I did.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

irhxcbcziuzxs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how long of a game is it?
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

irhxcbcziuzxs wrote:
how long of a game is it?

It really depends on how much you prefer to do. I played for around 60 hours the first time.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're playing through it for the first time, I'd expect at least 40 or 50 hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: