Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Does any one rember a anime show by the name of Sailor Moon
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Does any one rember a anime show by the name of Sailor Moon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since there have been no topic about this I though I will make one. I was a big Sailor Moon fan a couple of years a go ok it was three or four years ago I was 13 or so. and whell it be about eight month since I have watch sailor moon So I was worlding is there any one here how had at one point in there life watch Sailor Moon.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember it. Besides Dragonball Z, it was the first anime I ever heard about. Easily one of the first to become mainstream here in America, from what I can remember. I've only seen it like once or twice.

4917 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, this show used to air on Fox Kids over in Britain. Being a nation deprived of anime shown on public TV, we were forced to watch the more mainstream shows such as Dragonball Z. I was a fan when I was really young, regretably, I saw an episode of it the other day for the first time in what must be over five years, and all it did was make me realise how far animation has come in comparison to what it used to be.

Cause the animation in this show was totally suxxorz.

I remember though, it was one of those shows that EVERYONE in shool would watch. So it wouldn't be odd to find one person humming the theme tune, only to have a chorus of young schoolchildren joining in. Hehe, that's a funny thought actually, I suppose it was popular at the time, much like Dragonball Z. Back in the days of childhood when ANYTHING on TV that was animated was good. =P
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I use to watch a few episodes way back in the day. My sister is a big fan of the show. It's also one of the first animes I've ever seen.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's still one of my favorites. If you're surprised, you havent seen the uncut version.

I also love how its abbreviated "SM," has all sorts of tentacle monsters, and how Usagi frequently uses the phrase "I will punish you." The uncut version is pretty perverted at times too.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, can't say I've ever heard of it. Why the moon?

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sage wrote:
Nope, can't say I've ever heard of it. Why the moon?

Well, there is Sailor Moon, and then Sailor Jupiter, Venus, Mars, etc. No Sailor Earth, because I assume they are from Earth. They each have...special powers maybe? I honestly don't know.

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I'm pretty sure there's no Earth because Tuxedo Mask is the 'prince of earth' or something. I dunno, it's been a long time since I've seen the show.

This was my first anime and one of my favourites. I've seen almost every episode : D And the manga is even better than the anime from what I've read.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
It's still one of my favorites. If you're surprised, you havent seen the uncut version.

I think any guy above the age of 15 would immediately know why the sailor scouts had such short skirts while fighting the evil villains of the negaverse even without knowing there was any form of an uncut version.

But yes, I've also watched it and laughed so hard at its idiocy.

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember it and even vaguely remembering seeing an episode or too. I don't think I liked it since my recollections of it are vague.
Zabuza

Hidden Mist Demons

0 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ive seen it before its my least favorite show besides mind of mencia.

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I couldn't tell whether the subject of the post was sarcasm or not. Despite its age, I still see people cosplaying in Sailor Moon outfits at con. Granted, most of them probably picked the costume for reasons not to far from what Yvl alluded to, but still. Actually, there was one girl who had a costume this last year of Sailor Moon mid transformation. That was really kinda scary but interesting.

And I wouldn't go so far as Zabuza and say it's my least favorite show. There's plenty of other shows that are just as bad (if not worse) and not nearly as entertaining.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zabuza wrote:
Ive seen it before its my least favorite show besides mind of mencia.

He hasn't seen it in years, don't listen to him. He hates things a lot more than Sailor Moon. He's young...so he just hates girly things.

I'd actually really like to see the mid-transform Sailor Moon girl!

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that sounds interesting.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually think I liked the live action Sailor Moon more than the anime. It was so cheesy and hilarious and awful and wonderful.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: