Suikoden United and Illusional Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Football (Soccer) 2007/2008 Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not really fussed about one that includes the cup teams to be honest.

If you want to run a predictions thread like we had with the American Football in the sports forum then I say go for it. Doing it for the premiership will be a bit more work given that there are a lot, lot more games but if you're willing I'll participate.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i am sure i could manage!

I am going to run it in tandum with our Fantasy League GameWeeks to make it that bit easier :P
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But I was sure Derby County wouldn't score against Portsmouth!

>_>

<_<

Damn.

EDIT: And I have Craig Gordon as backup Keeper....

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I made my team before Gordon was available so I have Kirkland, I might have had him otherwise.

Portsmouth have equalised. My team isn't doing too well but at this rate Nosworthy will get in the team and Sunderland kept a clean sheet - good for 6 points but it depends if Jagielka gets on I think.

My team for the office has started okay with Bianchi and Martins scoring already. And now Martins has scored again. I rock.

Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright I'm placed second, could have had more with a different keeper but i know that David James will be okay, sure he has many clean sheets in him this season. Looks like my faith in Martins will pay off and Howard upfront is a gamble.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah it is very early yet. Not all teams have played either!

Looks like i will be doing alot of reshaping over the season! :P
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My team sucks. That is all.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
My team sucks. That is all.

If your team sucks then my team does something much much worse. Then again teams that my players are in to play tomorow. :D

I've hit an injury crisis already. :|
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Despite the 1-2 point effort from everyone whose name isn't Obafemi Martins, bonus points come in, and Martins, Arteta, Carragher and Rozehnal (WOOT) all got bonus points.

Someone will probably overtake me later today though, of the six teams playing I only have Ronaldo and Fabregas since I ditched Carvalho for Carragher, which actually seemed to be a great choice... right until they lost the clean sheet.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ho ho ho, as usual, I've gone crazy with transfer even starting from Gameweek 1!! I've just made 3 transfers that would reduce my next week's score by 8 points. I was banking on stupid Curbishley to start Ashton, but apparently he valued Zamora more than Ashton. So I'd have to let him go. Knowing my luck though, I bet Curbs would start Ashton for game 2 and he'd score a goal. BOO!

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He probably will play next game, I imagine he's being brought back to full competition a bit slowly because of the fact he's been injured for an entire year - all he's had so far was some preseason time so it's fairly normal behaviour for a manager not to give a player coming off that sort of injury a full game at the first opportunity. He is West Ham's best striker though in my books so he'll get his playing time eventually.

I already made my one substitute and I'm plotting more but I won't rush and get point deductions just yet I think.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here. I am waiting on todays games to finish but i already have a few transfers in mind.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Table after GameWeek One

1 Atletico Plange Luma [42] (42)
2 Sai Ree Devils [39] (39)
2 PK Rangers [39] (39)
4 The Winning Eleven [35] (35)
5 Give me Rahal! [33] (33)
5 Luso Army [33] (33)
5 X-Cobblers [33] (33)
8 Give me Hazuki! [23] (23)

Fairly even points all round. Not much can be said after week one anyway! :P

EDIT: And thanks to Wayne Rooney's injury my hand has been forced! I made a couple of transfers to reshape my team.
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awful, granted I led the league, but it could've been better.

Bad decisions, though - I picked Distin over Richards/Dunne Preseason, and we all know how that turned out. It's a miracle Carvalho netted zero, else I'd have felt stupid for picking Carragher.

In a more bright side, though - I can test out Craig Gordon next week, Sunderland are up against Birmingham and that's definitely a better matchup than Tottenham. And I can put James at backup, United got off to a slow start but I expect them to be on all cylinders firing next game. For the first time ever I'm actually doing something right with my keepers after an atrocious keeping last year.

I'll take the 42 points though, could've been better but it's not a bad start. Hopefully we'll pick up the pace.

EDIT: Just a reminder that Gameweek 2 will be without 6 teams:

- Liverpool
- Arsenal
- Blackburn
- Newcastle
- Aston Villa
- West Ham

Seeing the abnormal amount of players I have from these teams (5), it is safe to say that I'm screwed next week.

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok from now on i am going to add another column to the table and that is the reduction because of transfers.

So far i am down {-4} and Aurelien is down {-8}. So if you could let me know each week that would be great!
It is just a way of seeing who the crazy transfer managers are.

I will update the table as soon as the scores are up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: