Suikoden United and Informational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Saddest Suikoden Episode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise

Gardeners

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought one of the saddest moments in Suikoden 1 was Black's death. I mean, you have the poor boy wake up and realize that not only did his dragon die protecting him, but its corpse was mutiliated as well (sort of). I just found Futch's reaction to the truth of what happened really touching.

Another episode I found sad was when Flik found out that Sanchez was the traitor. In all honesty, I didn't find Odessa's death very sad, because she died about twenty minutes after I met her, so I didn't have the time to get too attached to her. However, Flik's reaction to her death was terribly depressing, and I found the scene outside of Shasarazade to be the most emotionally charged scene in the game.

In Suikoden 2, there were just too many sad scenes. The ones that got to me the most were the tragic ending (the one I got on my first playthrough), Nanami's death, and Clive's quest's ending. Even though I didn't like Jowy very much, the tragic ending was sad because after he died, I realized that Riou truly had no one left (Genkaku, Nanami, and Jowy were all dead). At least Tir still had Cleo and Pahn, even if Gremio wasn't resurrected.

Nanami's last words were incredibly touching, and I really liked her character too. Her death was the only video game moment that ever made me cry. And when Clive completely lost it at the very end of his ending scene, that just really got to me. Just like Riou in the tragic ending, Clive had lost the people he cared about more than anything else in the world and now had no one left.

As much as I liked Suikoden 3 and its story, I didn't really find it very emotional. If I had to pick one sad scene, it would probably be when Luce finds out about Lulu's death. It must be hard for a mother to listen to that kind of news. And in Suikoden 4, I thought it was pretty touching when Helmut called Colton father.
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The three sadest moments in suikoden are

1) When Teo kills Pahn. Yes we all no how to avoid it and it's not part of a perfect ending but I always found it to be a really sad event anyway.

2) Black's death brings a tear to my eye every time.

3) Discovering the crack on my Suikoden 1 CD last summer just broke my heart.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is tragic about your Suikoden case Blackwind . I know that I never looked after my first Suikoden game prior to Suikoden 2 . I had to buy another one . Suikoden 2 really started the whole revolution .
genne_atreides

Alma_kinan_girl

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excuse me Razor Wind, but this my opinion about you ( especially at your first rough words at this room)... I think you are human without feeling.....

Are you never think why Jowy die? He sacrificed his own life to protect who he loved. For me that is the very greatest thing, for a young boy like him to endure an imposible burden liked that.

Looks him dead, make my heart break. That is the saddest episode at Suikoden.
( But thanks God, we can save him)
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a lot of sad parts.

First and foremost, Gremio's death, when he issued his "first... and final request." :cry: Then Nanami's "death" was sad, even if it was faked. Mathiu's death was not really as sad, more melancholy. He died seeing his dream fulfilled. Jowy's death was also kinda sad, if you watched that ending.

Now, Annabelle's death really doesn't really tug at the heartstrings for me; it's just not an emotionally charged scene. It is, however, a shocking scene. Watching Jowy knife your leader is pretty unexpected on the first playthrough.
George_Prime

21st Infantry Division

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The saddest part that i can think about in the entire Suikoden series would have to be when Nanami died. I remember when i first played it and i really thought that she had died because i dident get all 108 characters and so i thought that she died but when i played it threw a couple more times and got all 108 characters i realized that she was still alive but then had killed jowy and still didnt get her lol, and finally playing threw yet again did not kill jowy and got the best ending and that was worth all the wait and hassle.

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a few places I found it really sad... Futch realizing black was dead and then having to leave the dragon knights. Kirkis after the burning of the elf village and when he thought Sylvina died and he chucked the ring he has for her..

Odessa I wasn't overly attached too.. but the fact that she said she was too much of a woman when she saved the child, hit me as sad. Then she gets you to put her body in the sewer.. and after that Flik flips out, just a really sad scenario.

Gremio's death.. Most people I know hate him, I really liked him for some reason. He was content taking care and watching over Tir.. He wasn't that good in battle no, but I think he knew that. The conversation with him while he's dying was just sad.. and then it stops. His death was really impacting. I was glad he came back.

The saddest for me though was Luc's death... I'd played the others before, and had always used him, so I was rather attached. Luc hated humans.. but I think it was more he was jealous of them. All he ever really wanted was freedom, and he never knew it. He had the rune from birth, he didn't know what real freedom was. In the end I think that's why he wanted to save them. It was just so sad that he was so hopeless about everything. He had no will to live. He was completely and absolutely ready to die. The scene between him and Sasarai was sad even. He may claim to hate Sasarai, but in the end I think he's just regretting the fact he couldn't have the ignorance that Sasarai did. Ignorance is bliss, they say. Luc was stuck in a hard place, and the only way out was ultimately his death.

-My DeviantArt-
SnowKing

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the fact there are so many sad and touching moments, especially the deaths. however, these are some of the sadder ones for me (excludes Suikoden III as I haven't played it).

Odessa's Death I love Odessa and seeing her cut down to save that kid, and then being tossed in the sewer has just heart-breaking.

Gremio's Death Hearing him sacrifice himself for you and talking to him as he is devoured was heart-wrenching. Dying to protect you once more.

Nanami's Death I almost cried once when she got hit saving Riou and then everyone believed she was dead, it was a really sad atmosphere.

These were the top three but other deaths (Ted, Pahn, Teo, Mathiu and Kiba) was sad. It was also kind of sad when Shu was going to sacrifice himself. There were plenty more but those would probably be my three saddest moments. One thing I think Suikoden IV was missing was a couple memorable scenes.

SK

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."

Last edited by SnowKing on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont think anybody said Agares Blight's death yet, it is pretty sad when you think about it.

His wife was raped and murdered, he had corrupt subbordinates who didn't share the same ideals about ruling Highland. During his beloved daughter's wedding (whom I think he loved more than anyone else in his life) he is tricked and killed out of cold blood by his own son!

Thats pretty deep, to be poisoned by your own son... much less to be father to a blood-thirsty, vile, sadistic son in the first place has got to make you life a living hell. How would you feel if your own child called himself the 'true face of evil.'

How bout Pohl? S/he (I think its a he) had a pretty sad death too doncha' think?
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pierrot_Le_Fou wrote:
How bout Pohl? S/he (I think its a he) had a pretty sad death too doncha' think?

I always felt sorry for Pohl. Poor little guy stood no chance. I would have liked to have had the opportunity to recruit him and make him do chores.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She never really stood a chance against Luca Blight, it was sad that she was basically just butchered.
TheBigJC05

The Badasses

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The entire game of Suikoden IV made me want to cry. It was so goddamn painful to watch and play. The hero ran like a retard. Your castle was a ship. It hurt my heart.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
During his beloved daughter's wedding (whom I think he loved more than anyone else in his life)

Jillia was the product of Sara's rape. She was not Agares' actual daughter. It has been said that her relationship with Agares was casual at best. There wasn't any actual fatherly love from Agares. That is understandable anyway...

So... Saying that he loved her more than anyone else in his life is well... Pure crap to put it matter of factly... It wouldn't be far-fetched to say that Agares hated Jillia, but had to keep a normal relationship considering his status as the King.
ninjakoriku

Roxas Roxxors

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio's death always gets me the most. :( He's so selfless, and you know he's on the other side of that door being eaten alive by spores, but you can only imagine how horrific it is as he updates you on how exactly he's being eaten... :cry:

I've never wanted to execute a character in Suikoden history more than Milich.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Miss Viki

Viki

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...
Suikoden 1 >> Odessa,Gremio,Windy&Barbarosa's death
(but Gremio the most sad)
Suikoden 2 >> Nanami being shoots at Rockaxe castle
Suikoden 3 >> Luc & Sarah's death
Suikoden 4 >> The death of Brendeu
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: