Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Saddest Suikoden Episode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earth wrote:
Saddest death? Let me sum some up...

Suikoden I
- Gremio's death. Sure his stats weren't that great but he felt like Tir's father and if you're willing to sacrifice yourself for your own son.. That takes guts
- Odessa's death. She had very good stats and she was building up a small romance with Tir. The fact she saved the life of a child made me like her even more. Too bad I stripped her equipment. ;)

Suikoden II
- Nanami's death. Hmm.. She could unite with Riou/Hero,was quite fast,had nice MAG stats and she always wanted to run away and live peacefully.

That's really it. And uhm Teo was meant to die.
Pff we can all play Ted in Suikoden IV so why bother putting him here? >=)

Question:
Is it possible to prevent her from dying?Because I always had 108Stars but she died everytime :(
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suikosource.com wrote:
Save Nanami, "best" ending

In order to save Nanami and see the "best" ending, you must first gather the 108 Stars of Destiny before choosing to invade Rockaxe. You will know you have accomplished this task if Leknaat appears during the rally and unlocks the fourth level spell of the Bright Shield, Forgiver Sign. Then Nanami must have a total DEF value of 121 or greater (you can use equipment to boost her DEF) when she and Riou reach Gorudo during the siege of Matilda Castle. Then you must select either dialogue option when she is deflecting the arrows; there is a time limit for this dialogue selection. Afterwards, Huan should have a private word with Shu after he claims to have failed to save Nanami. Please note that Nanami will still be unavailable for the rest of the game.

With that being said, in order to see Nanami alive you must get the "best" ending, which consists of not entering the meeting room in your castle but instead going to Tenzan Pass to meet Jowy at the place the friends swore to wait for each other if separated. Do not defeat Jowy in the duels he forces upon Riou, and when he tries to give you his true rune, keep rejecting it. Eventually, the end sequence will start

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami's "death" was the one of the saddest for me, especially when she asks Riou to call her "big sister" one last time--I lost it then! :cry: And the "bad" ending for SII, when Jowy dies. Poor Riou lost his whole family, and his closest friend. I did not think much of Luc's death at first, since SIII was the first Suikoden game I played. When I played the first two and replayed III, then I cried. Gremio's death was really sad too.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falena, I have the same opinion about Luc. Sui III was my first too, so I didn't have any sympathy for him.

I just got Sui 1 recently and I thought Odessa's death was sad. She gave into her womanly instincts to save the stupid NPC child that was dumb. Why did she have to do that?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really think Suikoden really plays on the sad moments like other games do. They spend like a few moments and then move on. But I think the saddest moment for me is when Village of the Elves is burned down and Kirkis gives up all hope.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, you can't win? I wasn't quite at that point yet. I guess that means that the tasks I'm doing to try and stop the fire from happening are frivilous.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah, sorry, I forgot you were in the middle of playing for the first time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
I would have to say that Lulu's death was sad. He was so young. Stupid Sarah! She made Lulu aggresive and made Chris angry. I hate Sarah! Kids really shouldn't die.

I also thought that the death of Wyatt Lightfellow (Jimba) was very sad. He was such an awesome character that played a big role in the lives of the three primary main characters.

I though that that and Sarah's willingness to sacrifice herself for Luc was a touching moment.

It IS too bad though, that Luc died. Such a great villain/character. Also liked Albert. He (this is going off topic) was able to manipulate Luc to give him the power that he wanted.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Hell_Fire

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be original here and say when Nanami got killed in the 'bad' ending. I am one of the few people who actually like her.

Suikoden Role Play - Players wanted
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For some reason I thought he had quite a number of fans. Maybe I've been looking wrong. I haven't been able to play the first two so I can't say a lot. Suikoden 3 had a way to spoil sad scenes .Lulu's death (Come on, the guy was annoying), Jimba's death and Yun's death just didn't had that sad touch. Perhaps I could say Jimba's death, seeing as his daughter finally found him only to see him die.

Luc's death could touch you if you have played the first two games but once I heard about how he only wanted to commit suicide to spite His daddy it lost all impact on me. I always thought it weird how he said he hated humans yet he wanted to save them. Yeah right.....
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When if Pahn loses to Teo he gets captured and killed how horrible Pahn is an honorable man he would not die during combat hes to powerful, they had to tie him up and *CENSORED for expicit content* he is the strongest ever

*end rant*
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami's death in Matilda was really touching with all that big sister thingy... :cry:

and luca's death was quite sad too coz of all the traumatic experiences he had when he was just a child. :cry:

And also ridley's death if you chose to escape tinto. He was a great general and has been with the allied forces for a long time. :cry: :cry:

and also general kiba's death in the merc. fort... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Rhayader

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hated Nanami during the game, i admit.
but when she died ... sigh ...
Gremio's death too maked me feel really sad.

another sad scene is the death of Ted in suikoden I, i really loved him...
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Teo and PAhn thing was pretty sad, and basicly suikoden 2 is just a very sad story I think, with Genkaku, and fighting your own land, and your best friend. Very sad indeed :cry:
Star Dragon Sword

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saddest for me was when you run away from Tinto and then Ridley dies.

It was sad because when you save Ridley he said he would give his life to you. Then when you betray them he died trying to save you. I was shaking and think, noo not Ridley..

Sad story
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: