Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Saddest Suikoden Episode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cerus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The saddest moment from Suikoden? Hmm for me Odessa's death is number one. She had so kind heart and shielded a child with her own body. It's even more sad in the end of the game when everyone realises that Sanchez was an imperial spy and he informed about the location of Liberation Army hideout where Odessa was mortally wounded.

I was also crying like a baby in Rockaxe when Nanami was hit by an arrow. I was praying:"God please save her, don't let her die". Yeah I think it was a very sad moment. I was so relieved and happy when a saw her again in the end of the game that I was smiling all week :)
Morrigun

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every time Nanami would say something about how she wished that she, Riou, Jowy and Pilika could all run away somewhere and start their own farm, or go to school in Greenhill, or something like that...really tore at me. Especially towards the end. She just seemed so tired of the fighting, and watching her brother and his best friend changing from the peaceful, fun guys they used to be. And she could never convince either of them to stop fighting and join her. Seeing her force a happy smile on her face around Riou when she was so unhappy was just awful.

I actually got a bit weepy (sort of) about Koroku, too. You know, because when you first see him, he's all shaking and scared...and one of the options was to scare him away...well, I just can't stand to see a sad dog, I guess.
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The saddest death for me would have to be when Odessa died I mean really she was the leader of the liberation army and that she told Tir to dump her body in the river so that it would not discourage the army to know that she was dead plus that fact that she shielded that little kid all tho she was a leader of an amry she scose to be a human being the a great leader.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chris McDohl

Chris

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy's and Nanami's death......losing a bestfriend because of a stupid war..and a funny, high-spiritted sister being only the family he has....tsk tsk tsk....

I also pity Luca.....he only became paranoid because of what happened to his mother....imagine...a child infront of his mother being raped by many.....and a father who abandonned them when that happened..............and because of what happened...he's being tortured in hell like Adolf Hitler tsk tsk tsk......

Gremio.......he used to live a happy life serving the McDohls....

Teo....a father battling his own son because of his loyalty to the emperor......Hero McDohl heard his father saying "i'll never blah blah blah even if he's my own son" tsk tsk tsk....but felt proud after fighting his own son.....he learned that his son was stronger than him.....

Warlock....he died because of selling the rune cannon to the Kooluk....

Granmeyer surrendered when the highland army came.....only not to have any lives taken but he was the one who got killed.....

Ted.......he lived for 300 or 301 years........when he already found a friend...a bestfriend...he soon died because of the money grabbing son offa b***h Kanaan.......Kanaan reported Windy of an unusual power Ted has....................
Spirit Crusher

Thasher From Hell

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say Gremio's death man, I mean, the dude served tir since he was an infant and she died serving him, protecting him, that was very sad indeed,.

Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mad Mage wrote:
I remember when you're running errands in the mercenary fortress and you're sent to get some flour, only to find they are out of it. Man, that was so sad! I'm brought to tears every time I get to the part when they are out of flour. I was quite relieved to find that the town over had flour in stock. Kind of like how you can get Gremio and Nanami back in the end, you can also eventually get flour.

I was swearing and crying when I found out they were out of flour, but it was cool when the next town over had it.

Gremio's death. Very very sad.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not saddest death...well it could be I guess depending on what you picked. Anyway when you go to the spot Riou and Jowy made their promise at the end of Suikoden II and find Jowy waiting there and you have to fight him and all. I found that whole thing pretty sad. I mean, the war was over but yet Jowy still insisted on fighting and he truley believed that they could never go back to their old life. That was one hell of a memorable scene if I ever saw one.

Mathiu was probably the saddest death for me do to his internal struggle with vowing not to take lives then becoming a military strategist. That and he never got to see the fruit of all his hard work. But then again perhaps that was a good thing for him.

Odessa was very sad for me too mostly due to reasons already stated. She was the hope for so many people but in the end she couldn't bare the responsibilty of being a leader. I don't know if thats true though seeming I think a leader would also have given their life to save even the most insignificant of lives (I'm not saying that child's life was insignificant just trying to get the point across)

Gremio's death for sure was sad because he thought you no longer had any use for him. So wrong but hey when people start thinking funny what can be done. Pahn was on the flip side of this (If you let him die) he wanted to give you all he could.

Anyway I could go on forever about all the sad things that I have come to find in the Suikoden series and why they are sad to me. However I have stated what I found the saddest and why and even gave a few extras so I'll stop now.

Oh yeah and Teo's death really got to me too.

Alright seriously I'm done now :lol:
Sasuke

Blue Komet Ninjas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio's death was so harsh that I killed Milich to avenge him. It was pretty sweet when Camille comes out and stabs Millich right in the chest. No good cornball frenchman!! Then i found out that you needed him for the 108......i wanted to beat his body with Tir's staff after that...

Nanami's death was powerful, they way that they were all shaking, and how you could kinda see Riou's eyes widen as she goes limp :cry:
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Gremio's death was kinda rough (though Gremio's a guy BTW...) but I never really liked him to begin with so I didn't much care. >_>

Now, there is the matter of Nanami...her "death"/death was pretty rough. I was pretty upset when it happened...especially because she was in my battle party... :(
When I found out what she really did, I wanted Riou to beat the living crap out of her, because I was so damn pissed.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mathiu was the most saddest death in the Suikoden series i think. I auctuall cried when he died. it was so emotionial and he died peacfully knowing that the Liberation Army won the war.

Also Teo's death was a very powerful death in my own view. Father and Son fighting eachother to the death, but it also gave a very powerful level in the Soul Eater (Hell). And also he gave you Alen and Grenseal.

Luc was also a very sad death. I recently saw the extra chapter to Suikoden 3 and i noticed that Luc did not want to get out of the colapsing ruins. So that made it even more harder to me.

And last Lulu's death was very sad. Sarah had to put a spell in the air which made it even better to see her die. Kids are not supposed to die so young.

Also Gremio's death wasnt that sad for me because he was just going to come back to life later in the game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Hot Ice wrote:

3) When Sana gives the True Fire Rune out and tells everyone that her lover, the Flame Champion, is dead. That was a pretty sad and touching moment.

That shocked me more than saddend me, it was a differnt kind of sad, like a let down, a blow to the gut, the whole "wow, we can all the way here" the whole "hope is lost?"

anway I can't recall my first feelings, if I think of them now, its even sadder because of the current time and situation, I think I had my friend over when Gremio died, so recalling 'those days" hurt.

anway Odessa's death was tragic, I got attached to her, then they kill her, the whole way she handled it was pretty sad, I felt with the characters when she asked we toss her in the river.

basicly what others said here, I think Yun's death affected me differntly, I can't recall if I "felt the senerio through Chris" or not.

Returning to Gregminster, plus the creepy music *shudders*

Going "back in time" to witness the destruction of Ted's village, its just one of those things, when you can see things that were, but you can't watch.

thats all for now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only those who i have seen:
Odessa,(DARN WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIEE!!!! :cry: ) speaking of Odessa, when playing Suikoden 4 i kinda got worried of Kika dying too....Lulu, kids really are not ready to see a death especially someone very close to them.Luc and Sarah's.Can't be explained.Warlock.It's so sad for him.It's like Alfred Nobel again.He thought his invention would do good.....but it turned out to do more bad than good.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Warlock never stated that he thought his invention would do good, only that it brought much MORE destruction that he intended. His goal was always to create powerful cannons for ships to use in battle.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saddest death? Let me sum some up...

Suikoden I
- Gremio's death. Sure his stats weren't that great but he felt like Tir's father and if you're willing to sacrifice yourself for your own son.. That takes guts
- Odessa's death. She had very good stats and she was building up a small romance with Tir. The fact she saved the life of a child made me like her even more. Too bad I stripped her equipment. ;)

Suikoden II
- Nanami's death. Hmm.. She could unite with Riou/Hero,was quite fast,had nice MAG stats and she always wanted to run away and live peacefully.

That's really it. And uhm Teo was meant to die.
Pff we can all play Ted in Suikoden IV so why bother putting him here? >=)
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Refusing to fight Jowy at the end, tears were running as I kept denying him to battle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: