Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (lol, Sonic RPG)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (lol, Sonic RPG) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NeoGAF wrote:
The graphics are really nice, all of the backgrounds have a water color look to them and they all appear hand drawn. A rather refreshing change of pace. Battles look to take place in 3D environments. I haven't read much yet but it looks like you can have up to 4 party members at a time, including dopes like Big The Cat.

-Cover Story with nice artwork
-In game graphics have a water color look, all hand drawn
-4 party members at a time
-Each character can do certain things ex: Tails can float over things (standard stuff)
-11 party members total - 8 known are Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Shadow, Big the Cat
-Control done fully with stylus - think Hourglass
-Able to split party into teams at certain moments
-Rings are used as currency
-No random battles, see enemies on the field
-Turn based battles, choose commands for everyone in your party before they actually follow through. Want battles to be fast paced
-Elite Beat Agents style special attacks
-Team attacks (like Chrono Trigger)
-"Fatigue Points" instead of MP
-Choose which attributes to increase when you level up
-Purchase and level special attacks
-Bits of story - Sonic's on vacation from defeating Eggman 2 years ago. Gets a call from Tails that Knuckles has been kidnapped by a group called the Marauders, and that 6 chaos emeralds are missing. Eggman not the main villain. But Bioware wants to make him a creditable bad guy again. Something about a "twist" between Eggman and Sonic that goes back to the earlier games.
-2 acts - first takes place in standard Sonic areas. 2nd takes place in a darker world
-Remixed classic tunes
-"fully animated cut scenes"
-simple dialogue trees
-Side quests

You guys might have heard about that tiny announcement of a Sonic RPG by Bioware a little while back, and so here it is. Actually looks nice enough, so let's see if gameplay's worth a damn! Thoughts?
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks pretty good for a DS game, I'll definitely try it out.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, if this works well enough, why not let Bioware have a whack at Mario? Nintendo's been three for three in selecting developers to work on Mario RPGs (Squaresoft, Intelligent Systems, Alpha Dream), and I can't imagine it going too awry if they can take a stinkbomb like Sonic and turn it into something enjoyable.
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I honestly thought Bioware was going to just shoot out something totally generic and terrible with this project, but when I saw this on LL I was taken aback by how wrong I was. It still feels wrong for me to get my hopes up for a Sonic game, but I'm actually getting kind of excited.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Id like to find out more about gameplay elements and such before i commit to purchasing it, but for now i must say i am impressed with the art style and i just hope that it has a captivating enough story to match them.

For now i declare myself somewhat excited.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^^ I think I know what it takes to make a good Sonic game now, no Sonic team. I've seen some more pics and this may just be what Sonic needs. Heck the Mario RPGs are really the bread and butter of Mario now-a-days (With only one real Mario game per freaking console!).

Also Big the Cat... Big the Cat... ^^ I love this game already! I can't wait to see this thing in action.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am going to get this game on day one. Will be the first Sonic game I buy since Sonic and Knuckles.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder how this would stand up next to Mario RPG, that game was amazing.

Himuro wrote:
I am going to get this game on day one. Will be the first Sonic game I buy since Sonic and Knuckles.

You mean you didn't buy Shadow: The Hedgehog?!
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have not enjoyed a Sonic game since Sonic and Knuckles. =/ That's 14 goddamn years.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoyed the multiplayer of Sonic Adventure 2 well enough. Mainly because I actually managed to win a mech match in less then ten seconds.

Errr, that aside. About damn time I say!
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
I wonder how this would stand up next to Mario RPG, that game was amazing.

I hope you mean the original! Paper Mario never really stupid up to the original!

But I could see it. What would sonics special be? Spin, Super Spin, Super Super Spin! Running shoes spell! Acts like haste!

Instead of HP they have.. rings!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I count myself among the brave few who really enjoyed Sonic Adventure. But that was eight years ago, and nothing Sega or anyone else has done with the franchise in that time gives me any hope for this. Smash Brothers Brawl is probably the closest I'll get to hedgehog-related gaming in the foreseeable future.

That said, I've heard good things about Sonic Rush and Sonic and the Secret Rings. Anyone play those?
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, I thought of this a while back but completely disregarded the idea as idiotic. I remember trying to think of a new franchise idea for an RPG and because of my love for Mario RPG and Paper Mario I thought of the Sonic RPG. But thats all I left it at because the idea of an RPG based around Sonic is in actuality an idiotic idea. Maybe because I've not played a good Sonic game since the Genesis era, I can't feasibly get behind Sonic as an RPG hero.

The graphics for this game look weird and off of what I would like. But, I will not be pessimistic because I want to like this idea. I'm not sure who all these supplemental characters are. My knowledge of Sonic's world is limited to Tails, Knuckles, Sonic, Shadow and Amy. I only know of Amy from the shortlived Saturday morning cartoon show and Shadow from the terrible Shadow game that I stayed far from. I think any character named Shadow is retarded. Except the character from Final Fantasy VI, because they did it before ninjas, emo and darkness was "cool". I'm lost on who the rest of those folks are, but I'll give it a shot.

If they make the game fun and the story light, I'll give it a looksee. Oh, and any word if they're calling the bad guy Robotnik or Beanhead or whatever. I always knew him as Dr. Robotnik. All of a sudden I saw people calling him something else which was 4000x more retarded than any evil badguy in history, including King Dedededededede from Kirby. Now there's an adventure franchise just waiting for an RPG... Kirby totally could be an RPG character. Anyhow, yeah, Eggman (I had to look it up). What sort of crap is that?

Delsaber, I honestly haven't heard anything good out of a Sonic based game in a long time. Its sad because it was such a good franchise in the 90s. The first games in 2D sidescrolling were phenominal and fun. Then they did the crappy Sonic 3D and after that I just couldn't play any Sonic game for more than 10 minutes and be entertained. I tried a few others but it lost something. If this game is well made I can see myself trying it. Also, being on the DS is a HUGE boost to its possibility to be played. I think that more games for the DS is a good thing, especially RPGs. I find the system to be the best system since the PS2 for RPGs. It has an easy control system, nothing with too many buttons like the Microsoft systems. Also, the touch pad adds an element which if implemented well can really be advantageous. Pokemon Diamond and pearl were great using the stylus for quick menu options.

Do we have a projected release date for this game? I'm assuming some time this year. The sooner the better. I'm almost done with Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and I need another DS game to fill my time when I can't be online or at the PS2.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: