Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dumbest Ways you have died in a video game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O forgot a really funny and dumb way that i died:

I was forced to stay over night at my brothers friends house with him and my brother, i dont remember why but back to the point.

Me and my brothers friend were plying Halo and we passed the first mission and got to the planet. He was driving the tank car type thing and he drove it off a cliff. We came back to life and then he fell off the clif again. This happened over and over again, i got pretty mad because i wanted to play the rest of the game, but we kept falling off the edge, then we stopped playing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calista Suphina

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

when I was playing Final fantasy IX.. I was playing it at 6 AM and was VERY tired. Suddenly I saw my screen telling me that I was game over...

I fell asleep when I was battling an end boss.... painful... really ><
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh YES! Fatigue is the greatest enemy of all, when your tired and trying to play a game. One of my worst horror stories was when I used to play FFXI Online, and theres these things called garrisons. Where we group a bunch of people together to do sometime of ushually defending mission agaisnt a onslaught of enemies. Anyways I was ready to go, and someone said just wait because ina bout 10 minutes they'd be there. This was 3 in the morning for me, so I decided I'll just rest my eyes for about 5 minutes and then do the Garrsion. Well I end up waking up the next morning on my couch, and I look across the room at the computer, and ofcoarse I"m dead and already deathwarped back to my homepoint. That was very sad. Ushually the only games that keep me up are first person shooters, because they are alot more active and it keeps my senses or atleast my eyes functioning forcing me to stay awake.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By throwing the Playstation controller across the room in fright when that dog jumps through the corridor window in Resident Evil 1 (it was scary then!).

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moody_Mage wrote:
By throwing the Playstation controller across the room in fright when that dog jumps through the corridor window in Resident Evil 1 (it was scary then!).

I may not have nerves of steel but it bloody scares me now on the occasions when I forget it's there.

I'm sorry, but Resident Evil freaks me out. Well, the PSone incarnations did anyway. Especially on the first playthrough when you don't know what the hell is going on.

Anyway, another lame death moment: Edging near a pit in Super Mario Brothers (the original), on the Nintendo Entertainment System, so I could get both a hidden 1-UP mushroom concealed in a floating invisible box (Why not, I suppose.) and also be able to access the pipe a small distance back that transported you into a room full of coins before spurting you out the other end on the other side of the level.

I edged closer, closer and without stopping, for some reason, probably because I was spaced out thanks to ADD, I kept edging closer. Closer. Still closer.

And then down I fell. Stupid Mario. Computers should tell when I'm staring at wall-paper patterns and turn off my control pad.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

turn around to get drink tuned back around millens of createns devowering me *sob*
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moody_Mage wrote:

That reminds me of something that happened to me in Majora's Mask. I threw my controller and it landed on the reset button. I was very mad.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O yeah reset? I was layin down on the couch and just finished a really long battle in Zone of the Enders 2(i think) and my toe just nudged the reset button. O man was I pissed.

O yeah, and the God of War? Playin through the mini-games where you dont get to save and theres ten. Defenently stuck on 8 and its hard to get up to that level so my PS2 has basically been on since saturday. Not really died yet but have failed multiple multiple times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On Growlanser III, I had it on mute and it was my first time playing it I had wandered around the world map and ran into one of the 7 Titans, I was thirsty so I went to go grab a soda, and I had auto battled it, thinking it was a typical battle. Came back game over screen was on. I had gotten owned hahaha.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are a number of stories i could give you and dying in 2 player battles on Dynasty Warriors 3. That would be funny. But the dumbest way i died in a video game was in this one racing game. It was very basic and 8-bit, for the PC in '95. I drove off road and crashed...into a cow. The car died, but the cow lived! :? The programmers forgot to give the cow mortality!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy VII.. Final battle with Sephiroth, one on one. I reach over to my fridge to grab a soda. I took wayyy too long to choose Omnislash and Sephiroth kills me with a critical hit of 9999... goddamn that sucked. haha.
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, F-zero GX, that's it. Last race, last line, last life.

i just scratch a wall. i explode. game over.

i just can't describe how furious i was. i punched the wall of my room while yelling. And my hand suffered a lot.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Duktales 1 for NES. In the African Mines I fell into the water and apparently drowned. YOU ARE A DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hyatt_is_Dead

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, God only knows I have stories to tell. Most of them, but not all, relating to Grand Theft Auto. Particularly, San Andreas.

The first time I picked the game up, I was trying to get used to the controls again. After all, it had been ages since I played GTA3. And riding the bike was a little awkward at first as it was. But still, I hopped on and rode.

For about five feet.

Then I crashed into a telephone pole.

Once C.J. got back up, I got him back on the bike and started on my merry way again.

For about five feet.

Then I crashed into another freakin' telephone pole.

C.J gets back up. I get him on the bike. Continued to ride.

For about five feet.

Then I crashed into a passing train.

Somehow, C.J. managed not to die. Once the train had gone by, I got him back on the bike and kept going. I actually got pretty far, coming up on the overpass a short distance from Grove Street.

Then I crash into a small crowd of rival gang members. Somehow, my skinny C.J. on a bicycle manages to kill one of them. His friends weren't pleased. Out came the guns. Somehow, I managed to get C.J. away from them, and finally made it to Grove Street. And just as C.J's starting his dramatic monologue...

BAM. Right into a station wagon. And C.J's health is seriously low.

Bye bye, C.J.

And it wasn't just that. Once I finally got to C.J's house, went to meet Sweet and Ryder and all the rest, I started the next mission: getting away from a drive by on a bike. I ended up going WAY ahead of the rest of them, and... got a little lost in the process. After trying to lose the car for a while, I found myself driving out of the city and into the country. I abandoned the bike and hid under the bridge, listening for them. I eventually heard their motor, and took off running for a nearby barn. They sped right after me. By some grand stroke of luck, I got them trapped in it. So I stood by the small open door and watched as the little punks continued to ram their car into the walls, trying to force their way out. In the process, they gradually did more and more damage to the car itself. As I stood by the door laughing at them, the engine caught fire. I neglected to run, and once the car went boom, I ended up getting caught up in the explosion.
"If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him. If you meet one of your ancestors on the road, kill him. Free of all, bound by nothing, you live your life simply as it is." - Genjo Sanzo, Gensomaden Saiyuki
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*lol @ Wataru's post*

The stupidest way I died was during a session of Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles together as Tails, and I was on the final battle as Turbo Tails. I'm at the part where the giant Eggman mech is walking and wrecking the platform behind you, and the flickies around Tails are attacking the mech. I had Tails try to hit it himself, but a flicky hit it before he could, making the mech immune to damage for a second, and Tails fell to his death before I could make him fly. >_<

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: