Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Papa to Musume no Nanokakan (Seven Days of a Daddy and a Daughter)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Papa to Musume no Nanokakan (Seven Days of a Daddy and a Dau Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Details

• Title: パパとムスメの7日 ;間
  • Title (Romaji): Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
  • Also known as: Seven Days of a Daddy and a Daughter
  • Format: Renzoku
  • Genre: Comedy
  • Episodes: 7
  • Broadcast network: TBS
  • Broadcast period: 2007-Jul-01 to 2007-Aug-12
  • Air time: Sunday 21:00
  • Theme song: Hoshikuzu Sunset by YUKI

Synopsis

This home comedy tells the story of Kyoichiro (Tachi Hiroshi) and his teenage daughter Koume (Aragaki Yui). One day, the two ride a train together after visiting Kyoichiro's mother-in-law. He sees it as a chance to get to know his daughter better, but he ends up getting more than that - by some mysterious force, both Kyoichiro and Koume end up with their mind in the other's body! Unfortunately, they have no choice but to swap lives, pretending to be each other at school and work. -- Tokyograph

- Source

Recently I've been watching this new drama. I gotta tell you, it's hilarious. It's like Freaky Friday, only with less Lohan. What's better though, is it's a father who loves his daughter too much and a daughter who hates her father who switch bodies. The whole thing is very entertaining - Koume has just gotten another guy to fall for her and she's in her exam week, and the father is head of a development team for a new perfume. Anyway, hilarity ensues and it's a great watch.

All the episodes so far can be found here, subbed, or you can find them at the appropriate site advertised in the videos.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Papa to Musume no Nanokakan (Seven Days of a Daddy and a Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:

Quote:
Details

• Title: パパとムスメの7日 ;間
  • Title (Romaji): Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
  • Also known as: Seven Days of a Daddy and a Daughter
  • Format: Renzoku
  • Genre: Comedy
  • Episodes: 7
  • Broadcast network: TBS
  • Broadcast period: 2007-Jul-01 to 2007-Aug-12
  • Air time: Sunday 21:00
  • Theme song: Hoshikuzu Sunset by YUKI

Synopsis

This home comedy tells the story of Kyoichiro (Tachi Hiroshi) and his teenage daughter Koume (Aragaki Yui). One day, the two ride a train together after visiting Kyoichiro's mother-in-law. He sees it as a chance to get to know his daughter better, but he ends up getting more than that - by some mysterious force, both Kyoichiro and Koume end up with their mind in the other's body! Unfortunately, they have no choice but to swap lives, pretending to be each other at school and work. -- Tokyograph

- Source

Recently I've been watching this new drama. I gotta tell you, it's hilarious. It's like Freaky Friday, only with less Lohan. What's better though, is it's a father who loves his daughter too much and a daughter who hates her father who switch bodies. The whole thing is very entertaining - Koume has just gotten another guy to fall for her and she's in her exam week, and the father is head of a development team for a new perfume. Anyway, hilarity ensues and it's a great watch.

All the episodes so far can be found here, subbed, or you can find them at the appropriate site advertised in the videos.

Sounds like it would be pretty funny. A shame America has whored out the whole "teen/parent mind switch" plot at least 37 times, to the point where hearing about it makes me cringe. But I'm sure the japanese could do it some justice.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That whole title without ever even seeing the description for the show just so totally made me think of NBC's To Catch a Predator. I'm sure it's hilarious over in Japan and probably some other places outside of it but I don't see this show ever taking off in mainstream U.S. All that aside I may just check one or two episodes as to whether the premise does justify my earlier thoughts about the show just from seeing the title alone.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course it won't make it in the US. It would have a terrible dub, or subtitles, and people hate reading subtitles. Do you know how many people complained and returned Pan's Labyrinth because it had subtitles? Sheesh.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I quite like this series, I have seen a few already and think the actor who plays the father is pretty good in a cheesy sentimental kind of way. :P
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
Of course it won't make it in the US. It would have a terrible dub, or subtitles, and people hate reading subtitles. Do you know how many people complained and returned Pan's Labyrinth because it had subtitles? Sheesh.

Pan's Labyrinth had subtitles???

Personally, I don't mind subtitles at all. Sure, I have to sit a tiny bit closer to the screen, but why give up on great movies for such a silly reason? Although, I'm sure many people do turn down movies cause of it. All I have to say is: Battle Royale :)

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WARNING: SPOILERS ALL OVER THIS POST! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN EPISODES 1 TO 3!

Since episode four hasn't aired yet, I figure I'd ask a question and hope all of you can help me. Why exactly does Nishino Wakako attempt to sabotage the Kawahara marriage? Does she want Kyoichiro (Koume) for herself? Or does she work for some rival fashion company? I base the latter assumption of the fact she lies to everyone and was using shampoo of a rival company (Jewel). I'm not quite sure if she just wants to sabotage everything to take the position of leader or not.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't think she wants the leader position for herself - after all, she's not next in line for it anyway. That would be Nakajima, and it was even mentioned in episode 2. And in episode 2, she even helped the project with the online surveys while she could've just sat there and said "I don't know anything" if she wanted to sabotage the project. So I don't think it's that.

I think it's just a shallow reason - that she wants Koume's father for herself. Still, it was pretty freaky, seeing Koume's mother all pissed. Ahh.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
I think it's just a shallow reason - that she wants Koume's father for herself. Still, it was pretty freaky, seeing Koume's mother all pissed. Ahh.

But it doesn't make sense, as she lies about Nakajima hassling her and then sucks up to him as well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: