Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I miss Suiko
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: I miss Suiko Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dammit. I just got to thinking today about how much I miss this series. I know, I know, it's been a whole year since the last entry. But dammit, I have the itch. I personally wouldn't say they're the best rpgs out there, but goddamit are they the funnest to me. The first week I got Suikoden V, I played it for 40-50 hours. Do you realize how many other games have made me do that? None.

My friend has had my copy of Suikoden 1 and 2 for a year or so now, so I can't go through a replay run. Either way, I wouldn't be able to to do so because there's so many games to be played now.

This is probably a totally random topic to most, but I just had to say how much I miss the series. I'm so used to have at least one new game a year now that it's odd to not hear any news at all about a new Suikoden. Sigh.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know what you mean. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you see it) I've had to stretch out my playing of both II and V over the past year and still haven't finished them, so I get to hook up my PS2 and give myself a nice fresh shot of Suikoden when I feel like things are getting a little stale...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I miss it too, but what can you do? I'm just hoping the next game won't be a let down or it'd suck even more.

I wasn't that high on the series when III was announced, but since I didn't like it too much it'd suck if I was waiting for it night and day, cause it was released over 3 years after II wasn't it? If I was coming off the II high directly and waited that long for III I'd be much more disappointed.

I finished III around the time IV was announced so my wait for it wasn't as long as many others either, it was a good 16 month later before the game came out following the delay and everything, but after not loving III and already hearing mediocre reviews for months, I didn't hate IV as much as I thought I would.

Tactics was hardly a true Suikoden game so once again my expectations for the series was lowered, but then V got such an amazingly close release date as the japanese version before I could even really gear up for it and was totally great, so now I almost have to tell myself to be careful of what to wish for, since odds are the next game won't come close to topping it (I wish it does obviously).

Since I finished the game over 13 month ago, I have tried to do everything I can to feed my need for Suikoden. Buying posters and whatnot for my walls, trying to get others to play it (sadly I always fail to get people hooked…), getting all versions of english and japanese guides I could afford, ordering the anthology comic books, buying every copy of the games I can, or mixing in anything Suikoden related in my projects... I had to do whatever I can to keep enjoying Suikoden somehow.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: I miss Suiko Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
My friend has had my copy of Suikoden 1 and 2 for a year or so now, so I can't go through a replay run. Either way, I wouldn't be able to to do so because there's so many games to be played now.

Get those precious copies back from your friend!!!
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My first two Suikoden games have been on loan for over a year now.

I'm gonna have to send a damn self-addressed box to my friend if I ever want them back.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: I miss Suiko Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
The first week I got Suikoden V, I played it for 40-50 hours. Do you realize how many other games have made me do that? None.

i pretty much did the same thing. then after i beat it the first time i spent another twenty to thirty hours playing it for a second time.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still have yet to get all 108 stars on Suiko V, so if I feel the need for another game, I can just pick it up again. Suckers!

But yeah, that's exactly why I try to limit my play time on new games.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro, you can always try out Last Scenario to tied you over until the next Suikoden comes out or another rpg catches your eye and steals your time.

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hah, it's probably a good thing for me that there's not been a new Suikoden in ages. It's the only game series I actually play, so during this downtime I can actually go do other things with my life. As soon as Suikoden VI comes out I'm locking the doors and bunkering down with a 24 pack of mountain dew and a 5 lbs bag of doritos.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I miss Suiko Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
The first week I got Suikoden V, I played it for 40-50 hours. Do you realize how many other games have made me do that? None.

I played the game in the month I got it about 90hours. I beat the game twice in a row, I never did that with any game!
Quote:

Kill him and get it back, thats at least 200bucks worth of rare shit he has.

Quote:
This is probably a totally random topic to most, but I just had to say how much I miss the series. I'm so used to have at least one new game a year now that it's odd to not hear any news at all about a new Suikoden. Sigh.

Ye shall be forgiven, I feel the same. Because there isn´t even the slightest hint of a sequel, I bought myself a copy of Suikoden 1+2 for PSP to beat those games again, though I can´t read a single letter Kanji or Hiragana or Katakana or whatever.
I really would like to see a sequel, even if they would make a ST2 for PSP or whatever just to keep us busy. I really liked ST it´s a great game though it´s a spinoff.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Himuro, you can always try out Last Scenario to tied you over until the next Suikoden comes out or another rpg catches your eye and steals your time.

Give me the skinny on this game. I wanna give Radiata Stories a shot as well.

Sialeeds wrote:

Kill him and get it back, thats at least 200bucks worth of rare shit he has.

He also has my Valkyrie Profile psx, so make that around 400. :D
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:

He also has my Valkyrie Profile psx, so make that around 400. :D

You can´t be ignorant since you know the value of your games. So I guess you just have to be a veeeeeery nice person.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:

Shad would be the expert on the game but the skinny on it is that its an rpg usercreated by someone Shad and I know form another site using RPGMaker and was the rage of a lot of the people in SuikoX chat a couple months back.

Last edited by Tullaryx on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:

I found Radiata Stories to be VERY frustrating. You have strict time limits to do everything. There's a 24 hour clock in th egame,and sometimes you have 5 minutes to get from one person to the next. Oh, and 5 minutes equals like 40 seconds. The whole almost 200 characters thing really drew me towards the game. If you cane somehow keep up with the annoying time limit, you will enjoy it. The game has great humour, especially the main character. You've been warned though.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Radiata Stories is one very good underground game and very underrated. Ok it´s hard to get all characters , whatsoever you nedd two walkthroughs at least to get all because there are two individual ways you can take. I enjoyed it very much, for the most that you can get a cool secret character!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: