Suikoden United and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Error while posting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Error while posting Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... When I clicked the 'Submit' button to reply to this topic in the Budehuc Castle section, I got this error message:

=========================

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : /forum/includes/emailer.php

=========================

I tried again and again... it keeps comin' up. I fear triple posting so I'm gonna stop trying. Anyone got an idea what's up?
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Go here to get your answer - http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=892

And i myself dont think it auctually does anything.

In that post he says it basically means you refresh.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That error happens when some idiot has a fake/non-working e-mail address in their profile, and yet has "notify when there is a reply" option in their "thread watch" interface. That's why it says the emailer.php had an error; the poor script is tring to send an e-mail to this doofus, but the address doesn't exist.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have had another error happening to me.

I was trying to open up the last page of the "Hello I am New Thread". However it kept coming up with the message 'No Posts exist for that topic'.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had the exact same problem as Moody_Mage. I don't know what caused it. Perhaps the person/people who posted on the last page have deleted their posts.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was receiving the same error, but I went ahead and posted in it by viewing the second to last page. It turns out my post is the first on the last page that used to say no posts exist. Don't know what happened, but it works for me now.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems you fixed it FF6Sage. I don't know why what you did fixed it, but good job! :D
SARStest

526 Potch
-28921 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

test
SARStest

526 Potch
-28921 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

test 2
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF6Sage wrote:
I was receiving the same error, but I went ahead and posted in it by viewing the second to last page. It turns out my post is the first on the last page that used to say no posts exist. Don't know what happened, but it works for me now.

Err...I dunno what's with the testing and such...but I'm just glad the New Users thread is back and working...that really messed with my head, I began to worry that I did something wrong...juvenile yes, but whatever. :wink:

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm having a wierd problem whenever I try to type anything on any post that isn't the quick reply box. I would make a new topic for this, but the error prevents me from being able to do so.

I get this error "Runtime error has occured. Do you wish to debug? Line:(seems to be random based on the position on the page). Error: Object expected". This comes up after every letter I type. I am using a public computer and thoguht it might be the computer, but after using a different one I recieve the same error. Any help on this?
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

That error happens when some idiot has a fake/non-working e-mail address in their profile, and yet has "notify when there is a reply" option in their "thread watch" interface. That's why it says the emailer.php had an error; the poor script is tring to send an e-mail to this doofus, but the address doesn't exist.

I had the same problem yesterday Sars and I didn't had it set on receiving emails on replies but only PM's and of course its a real email I'm looking at it right now, and since I didn't change it on the profile and it happened only once I'm guessing there may be a bug in the system too.

EDIT: I just realized you were talking about someone else who put that request on and had a fake email, not the one who made the post me in that case, well ok then, my bad for not getting it but today was a tiring day...

Last edited by Arenegeth on Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also had that problem (still do) but when i downloaded Mozilla Firefox and went on that and came on here i could type freely again without worrying about that stupid Debug poping up after every letter.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I also had that problem (still do) but when i downloaded Mozilla Firefox and went on that and came on here i could type freely again without worrying about that stupid Debug poping up after every letter.

So it would seem to be that the problem is with internet explorer? That helps out, thanks.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is caused by your internet explorer setting. If you have "debug errors" or something checked, it will stop you every time IE detects an "error." These errors may not even be actual errors--just some sort of convention IE thinks to be an error based on some unknown detection method.

Just disable that option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: