Suikoden United and Illegal Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

IQ TEst

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abs9palisoc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: IQ TEst Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is something that would realy make you think a lot.]

*You went to a shopping mall.there you saw a shrit worth 97 potch unfortunatley you dont have any money.You go to your parents and ask for money. your fahter gives you 50 potch your mother also gives you 50 potch. so now you owe them 100 potch so you went to the mall bought the shirt so now you have 3 potch you give your mom 1 potch and you give your dad one potch so now you only owe you mother 49 potch and you also owe your father 49 potch and the other potch is with you. ADD 49 from 49=98 plus the potch you have makes it 99. WHere did the other potch GO?
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It went to your debt? hahah
abs9palisoc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you only gave your parents 2 potch form the three potch change and the other potch is with you your dept is 100 you gave them 2 potch so thae means 98 potch is the remaining dept. you have the other potch taht makes it 99 where did the other potch go?
abs9palisoc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just tell me if you wish to know the answer . i will just PM you if thats ok
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The other potch went into sales tax.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's nicely done - confusing the reader I mean. Of course your calculation is false, and that's the point of the whole conundrum.

You illicitly mix two different things here (debit and assets). If you don't mix those two sides, the "missing potch problem" won't appear.

You have paid back 2 potch (1 potch each), which means that you still owe 100 - 2 = 98 potch (49 each). You also had 100 potch originally. 2 you gave to your parents, 97 you spent on the shirt, which means you should have exactly 1 potch left - and you have. As you can see, everything is the way it should be. Only by adding numbers together that are partly assets and partly debit you create the illusion of the missing potch.
abs9palisoc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

good one isicilio. BUT i COULD HAVE BEEN BETEER IF YOU JUST DIDINT POST THE ANSWER HERE becuase gusys who will try to answer this will just depend on your answer
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Idylan Thomas gave us this brain teaser a few months back in Zexen. I'll admit it took me awhile to figure it out, because of the misdirection in the reading. I solved it a bit differently from Iscalio though, I think.

Basically 97 is the number you're trying to get too, not 100. -49 + -49 = -98 + 1 = -97. Which is your original debt.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye, that had me fooled for a couple minutes. I'm not very good at visualizing math in my head, but if you break it down to smaller numbers it's a lot easier to see. It's probably most clear if you say you didn't pay them back anything yet. You still owe them 50 potch. The fact that you have three in your own wallet has no bearing ont his. Obviously 50 doesn't equal 53.

abs9palisoc wrote:
good one isicilio. BUT i COULD HAVE BEEN BETEER IF YOU JUST DIDINT POST THE ANSWER HERE becuase gusys who will try to answer this will just depend on your answer

Well, I imagine if you're reading the replies you've either already figured it out or are stumped and want the answer.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

abs9palisoc wrote:

Not really, anyone who even attempts to track the figures will figure out that somethings amiss within 5 seconds because, since these' problems' rely on confusion within the wording, if you simply eliminate the words and use figures you'll always find the correct response with instances such as this.

Borrow: 100
Purchase: 97
Reimbursement: 2
Remainder: 1

97 + 2 + 1 = 100

The rest of the words and figures in this instance are meaningless. But yeah, personally there's too many of these types of conundrums for some people on the net to not figure out immediately what you're attempting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: