Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If I create a suikoden fan game...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prince_Krimson

993 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think i'd be willing to give it a try. :D
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to give the game a whirl this very evening. I'll try to play test it as much as I can just to cover all bases. I think it's fair to say that it WILL be released this week or at the very most the early part of next week. I hope you freaks enjoy the 8 character slots. :*laugh*:
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cant wait ferrouslupusrex,

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question: Because I use Vista I can't get any of the RPG Maker platforms to run... it's a Vista problem it seems. Have you tested other windows/operating platforms for compatibility?

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont use rpg maker but if you want I can release a gaiden of sorts. It should be fairly simple although it has been a while since I handled the damn thing.

Anyways for the compatibility of the game to different OSes, I think it's fair to say it would run in any windows derivative or actual windows OSes.

Now about the rpg maker game (if I decide to make one) I am pretty sure rm2k wont work with the newer versions of windows but rm3k is definitely playable in all of the newer versions. If all else fails I suggest multiple oses. I use 98 and xp in my desktop at home.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems interesting. Best of luck to you, ferrous. ^^

shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My good its getting close, im realy exited. Is this in 2d? well that dosent matter so long as the game is great hope this comes out next week, and ferrous your the man.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, this seems fairly interesting. Its deffeintly worth a peek :-P It seems you developed a base of followers. Can't wait till its release! ^^

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry. SORRY. Sorry.

While I was able to play test the game, I found some problems surfaced: namely the sound.Swamped by school work, I was barely able to correct some of the problems now plaguing this project. Apparently come of the sound files are not playing the way they should. As I feared a slight delay will happen because of this fact. I may have to reread all the events and figure if my timer functions are the cause or it may be otherwise an unknown foul up by my poor organizational skills.

While this may not substitute for the actual release of the game this week. I got a slightly tame screenshot of one of the cut scenes which I am hoping will whet your interest for the time being. I actually had the option of choosing 2 of the choicest cut scenes in the game (one was a torture scene with a human soldier's knees in a cauldron of boiling oil which I deemed was too much for your young eyes.)

I think it's fairly obvious some of you will be able to quickly deduce some of the nationality of the cohorts in this scene (at least the ones wearing blue, LOL). Suffice it to say the game does not center around one region only but will actually spill over different continents.

I'm adding content as we speak like adding the harem suggestion you goons wanted. So just expect it to be included in the release (date of which is pushed back again. SO VERY SORRY). I may need some more time but my zeal is heightened even more because of the increased interest my little endeavor is getting.

- Thank you for the interest.
Calintz Jerevinan

3267 Potch
0 Soldiers
52910 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to try it to sounds very intriging to me and i want a new game to play very badly
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks interesting, on my mac currently while I await my new pc pieces to be sent in the mail, (uh huh I'm building) so I should be able to have ago after tuesday if its ready then.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks interesting, just take your time dude, hope this comes out great.
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey there ferrouslupusrex ( man, that's a tough one)

I've been really interested in your project since you posted first details on it and I'm keeping my fingers crossed ;)

However, I can see the risk of you overdoing it...
I reckon it's better to include in the game what you originally planned,instead of adding new features every second update ;)

Is the screen taken from the actual game or is it a mockup? Looks a bit messy, though promising at the same time :D I'd like to see it in action.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The screenshot is from the actual game. It is part of the counter strike of the elven/human contingent against the antromorphs battle scene. final release. If you actually check the sprites actually are very very decent in the pic, It is the background that ruins it visually and I intend to correct that before the actual release.

Now about your concerns about the game: I can actually play it from start to finish in 8 hours but my save function is still screwy (so unless an actual player wants to bear with a piss poor background/graphics for 8 hrs or more, I need to fix this) and the tiles (the pathetic snow fields is a fine example) are a mess (because I suck at drawing and my mouse is ancient).

The sound problems are plaguing me just recenty was all because I chose to do my own engine and not use an available one like RM2k or Rm2k3.

*I actually tried my hand in rm2k to see if it can prove helpful but apparently the character specs are only 32 x 24 while the characters I have are 52 X 52 maximum to fully convey their design not to mention I wanted at least 6 character in battle but rm2k has only 4.

The harem thing is easy and is not much of an addition because I originally had drawn naked women and men anyways so it was easy incorporating them and creating variables to store 'affection'. I only really have to draw a base set for characters to hold hands , date, dine or snuggle in bed. I already drawn the base for the 'bed' sprites so others hould prove just as easy.

Doing a duel engine (whether jousts or martial tourney) are actually a snap but the graphics to fully flesh out the situations to make them enjoyable are annoyingly complex because you have to put in mind the cultures from where the participants come from not to mention the motion 'swings and circles' necessary to trick the eye of the viewer that multiple frames are used. I got the idea for the jousts from Romance of the 3 kingdoms IV: wall of fire. All I really need is to edit the sprites to transform them from chinese clothing to european ones. I think I'll have a hell of a time editing them because of the large number of frames used.

Since christmas vacation is nearing I should have a good week or so of nothing to do so I should get to finally finish up and release it. I know I may seem obessive and wanting to please everybody but I am really concerned about the length of gameplay. Since I avoided creating dungeons for the sheer fact that I abhor and loathe them, I need something to consume the players time while not boring them to death. I know that I am going against all fundamentals of an RPG by not centering around dungeon crawling but I find it is so utterly idiotic that you have to wander aimlessly around a freaking cave before you activate the next event, in short I find it a chore to navigate a stupid maze.

I am sticking with the philosophy that varied content should engage the player's time/interest and not the cheap cop out navigation of a dumb maze.

-------------------------Races to be featured------------

Humans
Kobolds
Frogs
Nekobolds
Bats
Lizards
Rabbits
Elves
Dwarves
Giants
Orcs
Hogs
Apes
Gemini

The Fashion Divas

165087 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't wait till you've finished and take your time ... the more time the better since it'll become a greater game ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: