Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Growlanser V to be released in North America
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about the other games of this series, but this one looks pretty good enough in my eyes that I want to try playing it and purchase a copy. It's been a while since I bought a PS2 game, and by the looks of the other replies in this thread, I don't think I'll regret getting a copy of this game.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Funny anecdote. I wanted to pre-order the game today, so I looked on Gamefaqs to make sure what the release date was. It said 09/18/07 and because I'm so slow, I thought it was August 18th and I thought I missed the release date. But alas, it's September 18th - the release date was pushed back.

Going to pre-order this later today, along with other games.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just know I'm not going to like this game from what I seen trying the japanese version and some of the below average reviews, but I have a great deal of respect for atlus and seeing how much stuff they put into the whole package, I am planning on getting it this week as long as I can get some sort of minor discount. I'm pretty certain I won't be playing it, but since I never seen a deluxe edition of growlanser generation cheaper than when I got it new, I want to get this so I won't regret it later.

It's a tough decision though, either my money is all going into paying for this game, or I'm saving up more for halo legendary edition next week, I doubt I'll have enough for that by next week anyways so I guess I'm pretty set on getting growlanser, plus there's going to be a billion of those so called legendary edition halo sets, so this growlanser set may be more valueble down the line as long as the game don't suck too bad that the series will never see the light of day in North America again.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Growlanser V is lol. Pretty average all around so far. It could get better but it's typical animu rpg, except in srpg form. I suggest getting it only if you're like me and you're going absolutely ocd about collecting ps2 rpgs at the end of its life cycle. I am going to sell this game for mucho cash some day and it will be worth it. I'm starting to regret my purchase but all I have to do is tell myself I'll be able to sell it for like 100 dollars or so someday.

The gameplay has a few problems. The game isn't clear on how you win. I saved that wounded soldier and still failed my mission. The guy I saved who acted as a save point disappeared. I'm supposed to get the stupid fish thing under the gate and I'm supposed to somehow let the bridge down but I don't know how.

Overall, I'd rather play something else.

Oh Persona 3, why couldn't the other Jappa rpgs be as good as you?
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got my copy pre-ordered, though Amazon won't get it in until the 22nd...I enjoyed Generations, so I figure I won't be disappointed by V...a shame we won't ever get the first and fourth games, considered the best of the series (though I actually have played the import of the first game).
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah, darn, I guess I won't be getting this after all now that I found out there's a sale at toys r us on all games, I'm sure my money is much better spent when it comes to getting the better games with maybe Eternal Sonata, Baten Kaitos Origins for less than $20, or even the not so great Blue Dragon. I will get this whole cool package one of these days just so I'd own it though.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
The gameplay has a few problems. The game isn't clear on how you win. I saved that wounded soldier and still failed my mission. The guy I saved who acted as a save point disappeared. I'm supposed to get the stupid fish thing under the gate and I'm supposed to somehow let the bridge down but I don't know how.

That's how Growlanser games are. You have to complete the victory conditions to get a Mission Clear, but if you go over the requirements, you'll get a Mission Complete, and if you totally blow it then... Mission Failed. For the first mission, you have to quickly talk to every dead corpse to make the disappear so the slimes can't attack them, and for the second one, save the little boy, make sure no civilians get hurt, and when everyone's saved, move Vanette to the gate and lure the Screaper there, then when it gets close, have Vanette attack the door mechanism and it'll kill the Screaper. I think the last one was pretty straightforward though.

I just began Randall's prologue chapter and I'm having fun. I've been getting Mission Completes so far except for two. The first Clear was when I was helping the Mysterious Girl flee, Isaac ran into a slime and fought instead of fleeing, then more came and he just couldn't run anymore, so I had Seldous go to the end and end the battle and got a Clear. My second was the last mission of the chapter. Everything was going fine - all the Steeds ran away and I had killed all enemies, except super mage reinforcements arrived and they all ganged up on one of my soldiers and killed it, and that prevented me from getting a Mission Complete. Oh well, 6 out of 8 Mission Completes isn't too bad.

Randall looks fruity.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm stuck at the end of that first cave, but I haven't yet tried setting peoples AIs. That's probably my downfall, since I have the top weapons and armor the town offers.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: