Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PressTV, The Most Trusted Name in N-- ZIONISTS EVERYWHERE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: PressTV, The Most Trusted Name in N-- ZIONISTS EVERYWHERE Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi, gang! A while back, I brought you Ahmadinejad's first attempt at online propaganda with the official blog of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Well, now, that seems to have just been a warm-up for his true attempt:

PressTV

Oh yes, the man now has his own media company. Launched supposedly to show "the other side of the story", it turns this isn't about the side the Iranian people or Arabs see, but rather, you know, the one the Jew and Jew-loving news bastards of the West are hiding.

You want Iraq war news? Same sensationalist coverage of death, but now with more references to "occupational forces" and "US abductions" of Iranians! How about international? Sure, a little bit of "Missile defense is new Berlin Wall" here, "No limit on Iran foreign investment (go go, you buy now!)" there. Or hey, what about some news on the Palestinian crisis? I shit you not, this came out of the article:

PressTV wrote:
[The Saudi-inspired Arab peace plan], first adopted in 2002, offers normalization of ties with the Zionist regime in return for Israel's withdrawal from the lands seized in the 1967 war, the creation of a Palestinian state and the return of Palestinian refugees. Tel Aviv has so far refused to accept the right of Palestinian refugees to return home.

Thoughts? Aside from "Kill the Jews and Americans!", of course.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I've seen this. The site heavily rips off the BBC's layout and style, it is definately not as unbiased as it though.

Leb wrote:
Sure, a little bit of "Missile defense is new Berlin Wall" here, "No limit on Iran foreign investment (go go, you buy now!)" there. Or hey, what about some news on the Palestinian crisis? I shit you not, this came out of the article:

Seems that is actually what a Russian official said though, so they're not exactly wrong in reporting that. However the site is basically all propaganda to prop up the Iranian's strong sense of nationalism and suspicion of the Western World and I can see no reason to put it in English when there are much better and more unbiased news sites like the BBC's out there. I think the site should just be ignored really. Ahmadinejad realistically doesn't have much power in the country but his success in the election was enough of a slant to cancel out the moderate progress both domestic and foreign made under the more understanding (and seemingly sane) Mohammad Khatami, although even he has some attributes we in the Western World consider wrong.

Apart from the site just being a really bad and corny attempt by Ahmadinejad's government for some unknown objective that I can't quite figure out, it is very interesting to see how the country views itself in the world.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I know that's what was really said. I'm highlighting the choice of words for the headline, and the fact that the man is, simply, too unimportant to make what he says be primo headline-caliber news. Putin? Sure. But Ivanov? I don't know who the hell that is.

I would imagine this isn't how the country views itself, Hayashi. Many Iranians don't like Ahmadinejad's confrontational style with America, and would prefer it if he stuck with his campaign promise and focus internally on their own problems.

Last edited by Leb on Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems he is a deputy Prime Minister of Russia and according to Wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote:
is widely considered to be a member of Vladimir Putin's inner circle.

:o

Last edited by Ujitsuna on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm emphasizing his lack of recognition outside of Russia. If I know his name is Sergei Ivanov, I probably know his position in the government (it's also stated in the article).

What I'm talking about here is his importance on a global scale. Sure, I'm sure as many Russians know of him as Americans know of Dick Cheney, but he doesn't mean much to citizens of foreign nations.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually expect something other than the regular BS that we hear when its straight from a leader's mouth, anything else juicy there?

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's always fun to read news coming from another nation's view.

You guys should read news out of the PRC. Now that's fun.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: