Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Soul eater?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peeps

Zangetsu

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Soul eater? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

can the soul eater consumes a person' s life that has a true rune? I'm just curious about it.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure myself. The only one I can guarantee is the bearer of the Sovereign Rune, since that rune cancels out the effects of other runes. If I were to take an honest guess, I'd say that it wouldn't be possible because the other True Rune would fight with the Soul Eater for the bearer's life, since it chose the person and won't let go until it wants to or it gets passed on.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Alterus

Jade Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that if Soul Eater or Punishment Rune tries to consume the life of a character with a True Rune, it will cause many cataclysms in the entire world and the bearer of the two may become a Juggernaut without his will...
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wouldn't it then depend on the strengths of wills between the respective bearers? I mean, say the Bearer of the Soul Eater was a millenia old and he tried to consume the life of the Bearer of the True Rune of Cheese, who got said True Rune yesterday. I dunno, I think the Soul Eater would win.

But maybe that's just cause the True Rune of Cheese sucks. Who knows.

You get my point though, I'm sure.
Alterus

Jade Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Misunderstood... I thought the question was about a single person with both SE, which consumes his life, and a True Rune. If it's about consuming the soul of another creature possesing True Rune, then I think I agree with you Harukaze - it does depend on the strength of the will AND the power of Rune - the True Fire Rune's bearer, for example, may be consumed, while Leknaat or Windy with the Gate Rune, Heroes 1-4, Jowy, Ted may not.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt that that is possible. I would guess that the rune would protect them like when the true fire rune protected your flame champ from Luc right after the dragon fight in III. I think the true rune of the person to be consumed would have to be removed beforehand.

What would the True Cheese rune do anyway?

1. Gouda Grudge
2. Cheddar Charge
3. Swiss Storm
4. Blue Barrage :lol:
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would make an excellent True Rune for Chiepoo. 8)

But I agree with Grudge about needing the True Rune removed before the person's soul can be consumed.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But it wasn't the true fire rune that protected the Huge/Chris/Geddeo from The Bishop, it was the spirit of the former FC.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly. Also note that Luc's Rune isn't the Soul Eater, so the example is somewhat skewed.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both of you have good points. (Milan Fiori and Harukaze) I still think what I said above though. It can't really be known how that would have to happen.

Yes Benit149, I was thinking the same thing. Perfect for Chiepoo!
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think peeps trying to say Is "what if the holder of the true rune of punishment becomes close with the holder of the soul eater will the souleater consume the holder of the true rune of punishment?"
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then it goes back to experience and willpower. It would be one hell of a contest, that much is for certain.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The more I play Suikoden 1 the more I think that the Soul Eater doesn't cause the death of the people closest to you but instead just takes thier souls after they die. Which if you think about it isn't that bad of a curse cause you'll always have the people you care about close to you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not convinced that that's the case. I think something as powerful as a True Rune, particularly the True Rune of Life and Death, can certainly tug events in minor ways that it causes events to conspire towards the death of the Bearer's beloved. Of course, I think it only does this if the Bearer doesn't heed its wishes... remember how it punished Tir in GS2? It was causing him physical pain, because in some fashion Tir was fighting against it. I think the Soul Eater is an apt nickname for the Rune, yes, but I think remembering that it governs Life and Death is more important.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Rune of Life and Death takes the soul of someone after causing their deaths through careful manipulation of 'destiny' with few exceptions (Ted's order to the rune at Seek Valley being one)

As the rune does this independently of its users wishes, if it tries to do the same to another true rune bearer, it wouldn't be accurate in the least to pin it down on the bearers mastery (or lack of) with the true runes in question.

So here's the thing. It would depend on which true rune it is. I see no way how, say, the Beast Rune could negate the manipulation of 'destiny' to save its bearers life. But I could see the Rune of the Beginning and the Rune of Life and Death having a long protracted battle to determine what would happen. (most likely without the knowledge of their respective bearers)

So, I'd say the answer is yes, in general, the Rune of Life and Death could take the life of another true rune bearer, leaving its soul open to 'absorption'. Remember, a true runes immortality granting abilities doesn't apply to, say, being mortally wounded, or having your body consumed by flesh-eating pores or the like.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: