Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

We have rules here (how many times I have to say this, who knows)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: We have rules here (how many times I have to say this, who k Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We've had some healthy inflow of new members these days, but again we have the "I don't read rules" disease affecting some people.

Suikox is a community, and thus we have many people here other than yourself. For a community to function, people have to be able to get along and at least be able to tolerate each other. If everybody does their own thing without any consideration of the feelings of other people, a community can no longer function. That's why we have rules here, which you are required to follow if you wish to continue existing as a suikox member. There are no exceptions.

Now, enforcement here is generally lax because we don't want to be too strict. We do let many things slip by on a case-by-case basis. We're not out to "get you." However, I really don't like the excuse "I didn't read the rules" or "I was just trying to get people riled up" etc. It shows a blatant disrespect towards the community and all of its people, and that's the type of attitude that ends up breaking a community.

If you have never read the rules, you really should-- it can save you a lot of grief, and will make things easier for moderators. It'd also give me more time to actually work on the site.
Trying to be "controversial" through trying to piss other people off is generally unhelpful for the community, so don't try to be that way (that means, don't do it at all). Some people have also tried to be controversial by sporting avatars that are too "adult" or promotes illegal acts. This will likely result in the loss of avatar privs, and repeats will get you banned. I could never really underatand why people end up doing this sort of stuff, but I really don't have to understand either--it's easier to simply remove repeat offenders rather than try to rehabilitate them. Suikox isn't in the "correcting socially maladaptive behavior" business, after all.

And before people start waving banners that say "free speech" or whatever, this site is privately owned; it's not funded by taxes, and I am not obligated to be a welcoming host to folks who don't care to follow community rules. Heck, I can even move the site to Sudan so when people say "censorship!" I can just sit back and laugh and laugh...

For the majority of the other 99% of the rule-abiding members, thank you very much for being a good sport with common sense. The site can't exist without you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: