Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sensitivity
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Sensitivity Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, I see myself as a very emotional guy. MY feelings are portrayed loudly. Whether it be anger, happiness, depression, or sadness. But the main point of this topic is about sensitivity. For example: There are probably 20 movies that make me cry. I cannot help it, I see these sad things and feel attached to the people and events. I am often criticisized for it, like on SOSZ when someone called me a woman, but I do not see it as a bad thing. So I wanna ask some of you this: Are you sensitive? What makes you cry, if you do at all? Also, do you see sensitivity as a bad thing?

I'll copy the list of movies I posted on SOSZ, because they are all good movies.

The Last Samurai
Remember the Titans
John Q
The Land Before Time
Ladder 49
United 93
A Walk to Remember
The Notebook (I almost dried up..)
North Country (The relationship between mom and son, I've been thru it)
Simon Birch
The Green Mile
Radio
Forest Gump
Saving Private Ryan
Mystic River
I Am Sam
Boys Don't Cry
Million Dollar Baby
Crash (The slow mo shooting scene :( )

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why does The Last Samurai make you cry?
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Why does The Last Samurai make you cry?

The end battle scene. I don't bawl my eyes out, but it was just so beautiful. When of the few time sin ym life I just took the time to appreciate something like that. To see all of those men going down, I shed a tear or two. It's a different kind of sadness then the othe rmovies gave me. It's a mix of sorrow, happiness, and amazement of witnessing something great like that (I'm a history buff, so, yeah)

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always cry at the end of a good show or movie.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Am I sensitive? I'd say I am to a certain extent, especially when it comes to very unfortunate people. I have a soft spot in my heart for all the unlucky guys and girls I see in anime, manga and video games (Ashton comes to mind) and I really feel sorry for them when they meet with bad luck, even though I know they're fictional. I also get very sad when I see things like war, famine and people dying needlessly. Regardless, I don't usually cry at such things.
Movies? I can't remember the last time I cried watching a movie, but certain sad songs always bring tears to my eyes. I'm not going to reveal them though; guess it yourself. I also like reading books with sad stories for the same reason.

I don't see sensitivity as a bad thing. A lot of people have the guts to do serious crimes only because they're not sensitive to the needs of other people in my opinion. There has been a rise in crime in my country, especially in those that really hurt people badly and leave emotional scars. Besides that, there has also been an increase in bullies who don't care what happens to other people as long as they get what they want.

Even so of course, sensitivity can be a bad thing at times. For instance, there are teenagers who cry at every little thing, like having accidentally upset a friend. Then you have the people who weep at everything they see. Normally it isn't much of a problem, but these people are the ones who are likely to get too swamped in with another person's problems to the extent that they get trapped.

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be something of an emotional stump and didn't cry over anything ever. But coming out of my teenage years I've grown more likely to get misty-eyed at the end of movies. Even at the end of ones that previously never made me all that sad.

I remember that the end of Return of the King would get me weepy-eyed no matter what. Poor, poor Gamgee! But I remember seeing a movie not too long ago, don't remember what it was, that I felt stupid for getting so weepy about! It's madness.

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't cry in my actual life very often--I'm one of those people who totally bottles everything up until I have a total meltdown once every year or so (as I get older they happen more often but are not so intense, so I guess that's a good thing...?)
I am, however, also one of those people who likes to pretend that I am inscrutable, when in reality you can read my face like a book.
ANyway, books make me cry. Movies make me cry. Games make me cry. ANIME makes me cry. >_< GOod stories--they just kill me.

I just sit there with a stiff scowl on my face as the tears roll on down--my family thinks it's pretty funny.
I'm not going to make a list because it'd be WAY too long.

...I cried when Gremio died, I cried for the Prince when he lost his family, I cried for Riou, etc etc etc... :roll:

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!

Last edited by HarmonianHiccup on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say I am probably a sensitive guy, to a certain extent anyway. There are certain movies that make me go all fuzzy inside, but that's about it. I can't sum up a list at the moment, but if I had to think of a few at the top of my head.. they'd mostly be books anyway, but..

Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu (Be With You)
A Walk To Remember

Heck, I can't think of any after that.. There's a lot, but I just can't think of any at the moment. I enjoy sad soppy scenes that don't always have a "happy ending", but something still romantic. Yeah, I'm a sucker that way.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pretty ofter 'tear-up' at movies, anime, tv-shows, games, and even music, however actual crying is a bit rarer. I have really cried during the end of Moulin Rouge, the end of Millennium Actress, and the scene where Ferid and Arshtat kick the bucket in Suikoden 5.

I almost really cried at the end of Pan's Labyrinth. Not quite, though. ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really think it's anything to be ashamed of, I just find it embarrassing to cry in front of people I don't know. I've only seen about a fourth of the movies on your list Ezekiel, but they all made me cry. The all time worst movie for me is Homeward Bound. Movie about the dogs that get separated from their owners. I've seen that movie at least a dozen times, but I ALWAYS cry. Then again, Transformers almost made me cry too :roll:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Watch Finding Neverland, you'll never cry at another movie. That damn film is like watching your puppy get run over over and over again for several hours.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
Watch Finding Neverland, you'll never cry at another movie. That damn film is like watching your puppy get run over over and over again for several hours.

:O

I'm going to consider that a warning and NEVER watch Neverland. I don't want to cry so hard I die of dehydration.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:

I completely forgot to mention this one-- I completely cried at this one, too, in addition to the ones I already mentioned above. I'm probably forgetting others on top of that, but thanks for reminding me. This movie is really, really, really terrific, though, Phamex. You really need to see it! ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cried after Ultraviolet when I realized I probably wasn't going to get my money back.

^Actual quote!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha!

I cried watching United 93 - I have never been so moved in a long time. Lader 49 nearly brought me to tears as well, so perhaps I have something for films with numbers in the title?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: